Would I be allowed to write to my gf at work?

Sam_BayleySam_Bayley Posts: 21
Forum Member
She works in journalism and for an entertaiment magazine specifically. I was just wondering what the protocol etc was for that, would she be allowed to receive personal mail and if so would she even be allowed to read it in work time?

cheers for any pointers on this

Comments

• Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Ask her? Or are you in some sort of institution which doesn't allow contact from the outside world?
  • Jason JAG LawJason JAG Law Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is too afraid to ask her by email though!
  • Sam_BayleySam_Bayley Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Ask her?

It's part of a surprise though so I can't really. We've been 'seeing' each other for a while now so I was thinking of making it official.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sending flowers would be ok, maybe include the letter with that
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that all you type to her at work if accessed on her work computer can be seen by others if they so wish.

We found out that someone was doing something they should not of been doing by the IT guys spilling the beans.
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    sending flowers would be ok, maybe include the letter with that

I would love to send her a lovely big bunch of flowers but then it would be obvious it was me. In an ideal world she would just open the letter like any other but then be caught by surprise when she realised what it was.
    Forum Member
    Don't forget that all you type to her at work if accessed on her work computer can be seen by others if they so wish.

We found out that someone was doing something they should not of been doing by the IT guys spilling the beans.

Exactly, it all needs to be done without technology, it wouldn't have the same impact in an email.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    It may be that all post, no matter who for, is opened centrally by one person in the company and then passed on. So she might not get to open it, and someone else might read it first.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked in a company mail room once and any mail that came was passed to the person it was for without being opened. You could take the chance that this company will do the same, and if you do don't put anything in there that will look bad on her or you.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you want to send her a letter that she wont initially know is from you?

Send on to her house then!
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam_Bayley wrote: »
    It's part of a surprise though so I can't really. We've been 'seeing' each other for a while now so I was thinking of making it official.

:confused::confused::confused: official by E-Mail or letter
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam_Bayley wrote: »
    Exactly, it all needs to be done without technology, it wouldn't have the same impact in an email.

I bet your email confirming you are inactive has had an impact though.;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my place, all mail, personal or otherwise, gets opened by the team manager (unless marked personal and confidential).

By the way, when did this trend start that you've got to make being a couple "official"? In my day, you just got together and the relationship evolved, no need to signpost it.
  • Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't the OP just won X Factor?
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't the OP just won X Factor?
    I think not. That was Sam Bailey, whereas Sam Bayley was a professional footballer back in the old days.

(I actually didn't know that there were professional footballers that far back, but hey, that's just my ignorance.)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Girlfriend in your head, send it to yourself.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha this person only lasted a day on here
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else find this thread quite disturbing?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Disturbing, no. Silly and baffling, yes.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a strange thread - why would anyone need advice on whether to write to their girlfriend?

I reckon the OP just wanted to brag that his girlfriend is a journalist. I wonder if he's dating Julie Burchill? Or Liz Jones? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »

No more or less than any of their other offerings under their plethora of cunning disguises.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disturbing, no. Silly and baffling, yes.

Or "crazy"