Options

Betting scandal?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
Forum Member
✭✭
I haven't been able to cash in Matthew since he went up for eviction...

Comments

• Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obvious!
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    lilanaomi wrote: »

Matthews odds were 7/1 earlier today and Ash was 1/25 - It makes you wonder if there was some betting syndicate behind the voting. The odds have never been so OUT before, sometimes they have been wrong, but never so massively wrong.
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    Matthews odds were 7/1 earlier today and Ash was 1/25 - It makes you wonder if there was some betting syndicate behind the voting. The odds have never been so OUT before, sometimes they have been wrong, but never so massively wrong.

I'm not alleging anything but looking at all Internet polls, all available betting data it was a near cert Ash would go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's just strange that I haven't been able to cash out my money. I have always been able to even when HMs are up for eviction
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My exact and initial thought as well...wait to see what the fallout will be .
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way it can be investigated - or is it something that's ok to happen???
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just desperation now. Come on guys, Matthew is gone, get over it. There is no betting scandal, there is no fix, you heard the crowds reaction to Matthew, they didn't like him. It's called BETTING for a reason.

Maybe, just maybe, people didn't actually vote Ash out. Have you ever thought about that ?
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The voting figures are so low it doesn't take much to turn things round.

Gamblers are not voters either
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait to see if the Bookies pay out on Matthew bets......I doubt it
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I'm not alleging anything but looking at all Internet polls, all available betting data it was a near cert Ash would go.

Betting 'data' simply reflects where the money's being bet, it is not an indicator of voter opinion. In a small market like BB a single bet can change them, a large one entirely.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilanaomi wrote: »

Matthews odds have been shortening the last couple of days and Ash's drifting. Although Ash looked the favourite to go there wasn't too much in it at the end. It's votes that count.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Ash was a cert until Ashleigh overplayed her hand.

If there's one thing that gets people picking up their phones it's cockiness and smugness.

It's not a fix, not a betting scandal, not rocket science.

It's all down to one precocious little madam getting too big for her boots.

Did no one hear the boos tonight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    This is just desperation now. Come on guys, Matthew is gone, get over it. There is no betting scandal, there is no fix, you heard the crowds reaction to Matthew, they didn't like him. It's called BETTING for a reason.

Maybe, just maybe, people didn't actually vote Ash out. Have you ever thought about that ?

Why shouldn't it concern me when I lost money? What's wrong with that?
  • Options
    KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member

Matthew was not my favorite but he didn't do anything so terrible to get the whole of the BB voting system against him. Just doesn't seem possible he was more disliked than Ash. There's no way.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bookies also check out forums and when someone is a dead cart to go on all the forums, bookies naturally change the odds. No fix.
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betting 'data' simply reflects where the money's being bet, it is not an indicator of voter opinion. In a small market like BB a single bet can change them, a large one entirely.

LOL I know, with the betting they used forums etc public opinion, social media etc to gauge a set price, but as it's been said so few vote that it wouldn't take much to swing, also the compliancy of O Ash is going it's fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just because the crowd didn't like Matthew that doesn't mean to say that everyone who watches BB feels the same. The crowds will probably only count for a small % of voters if they have voted.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    Matthew was not my favorite but he didn't do anything so terrible to get the whole of the BB voting system against him.

He only needed 50.1% of voters against him, and obviously they were
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Boring Ash stays. The fun group do nothing entertaining :-S
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because the crowd didn't like Matthew that doesn't mean to say that everyone who watches BB feels the same. The crowds will probably only count for a small % of voters if they have voted.

Yeah but we don't actually know if people voted Ash out, maybe people didn't bother because the thought he was gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    Matthew was not my favorite but he didn't do anything so terrible to get the whole of the BB voting system against him. Just doesn't seem possible he was more disliked than Ash. There's no way.

Maybe he didn't. There was 5 up, it could easily be shared out between them.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    cezzy wrote: »
    Bookies also check out forums and when someone is a dead cart to go on all the forums, bookies naturally change the odds. No fix.
    The bookies will adjust their odds in accordance with the bets made to make sure that they profit no matter the outcome. They don't give a flying fig about posts made on a a forum by people who may not even be voting.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Ash was a cert until Ashleigh overplayed her hand.

If there's one thing that gets people picking up their phones it's cockiness and smugness.

It's not a fix, not a betting scandal, not rocket science.

It's all down to one precocious little madam getting too big for her boots.

Did no one hear the boos tonight?

I heard the boos and listened carefully, to me it sounded like get Ash out, not Ashleigh.
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    Wait to see if the Bookies pay out on Matthew bets......I doubt it

They will as they only suspend markets when they see suspicious betting patterns which didn't happen.
    Also they don't usually take big bets on markets where syndicates can manipulate the outcome (scoop 6 permutations for example).