Options

How would the two Glenda's have been different (glynis&Jill)

iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I imagine that if Jill Gascoine had stayed to play Glenda, then Glenda would have been a very different character!? I doubt she would be as glamorous and sly??! I think she would have been like a new peggy

also would u have preferred Jill's portrayal (even though we didn't see her) or are u happy with Glynis!!!?

What differences do u think there would be!!!!!?

Comments

• Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to seeing Jill in EastEnders however I have to say that Glynis is doing a great job and she actually looks very similar to Ronnie and Roxy so it is easy to imagine she is their mother.

I still think Jill would be a great addition to the cast but as you say, a character more like Peggy, a bit tougher, more of a battleaxe rather than the vain flighty Glenda
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I'm very happy with Glenda as she is played by Glynis.Like another poster said she looks ALOT like Ronnie AND Roxy who actuallly don't look alike at all, which is pretty amazing casting. I saw an old vid of Glynis on youtube in the 70s or something and when she was younger she looked strikingly like Ronnie same face shape and everything but as she's gotten older she now looks like a mix between the two. I also find her character pretty funny and its very believable that she could have walked out on her children
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like her at first.
    But I'm happy enough with Glynis as Glenda now. She's actualy seems very weak and unstable. Cares a lot about her looks and keeping up appearences. Compared to her children she is quite pathetic.
    She seems in contrast to Peggy who was always head of the family. To someone who could barely look after themselves let alone a family.
    Yeh I like the way they have gone with Glenda. She also looks a lot like Roxie. And a bit like Ronnie.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenda is probably the hottest woman on the show.