Electronic cigarettes

Comments

• Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    See I do like the look of this one but I'm not sure about faffing around with gauze and dripping and so on.

I'm so bloody indecisive. Gaaah!
  • magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See I do like the look of this one but I'm not sure about faffing around with gauze and dripping and so on.

The Titan is a fair place to start - I started with a red Titan starter kit, but upgraded after 2 weeks to a Tornado because of the battery life. If you are going for the compact kit, you either need to get a personal charging case (PCC) as well, or at least 1 spare battery, so you can have one on charge while you use the other, otherwise, you'll find yourself nipping out for a **** while the battery is charging...If you like the look of the PCC, you can get a kit from Libbero which has a pretty good write up, called the Realis.
    The Tornado/Tank isn't really that big - think of two AA batteries laid end to end, one tapering off at the end to a cigarette sized cylinder. TW have them on sale at the moment for £20.99 compact or £34.99 full kit. You could realistically run a single Tornado battery all day and get away with the compact kit, and charge it overnight, but you wouldn't get away with it with the Titan.
    If you don't want to bother with the cartridge filler and topping up, the tank is probably the way to go. If you drive, it's a lot more convenient than topping up your cart every time you stop at a set of traffic lights.
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :)
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have just started using e cigs, and like you, I was going nuts trying to decide what to buy, as there is a huge variety to choose from !...:o

After talking to a friend, he recommended me as a beginner to try THIS, which I find reasonable, but as others have said, the smaller battery compared to the other brands does mean shorter life.

Decided to get THIS, as the extra battery is a real must for a days vaping. The off the shelf flavours are good, and my favourite is the "Maple cured", and have now put in an order for more cartomisers, and liquid.

Let us all know how you get on, and good luck with your choice.....;)
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a e-cig a couple of years ago but to be honest it was rubbish because I didn't get the sensation of smoking. Am thinking of getting anything one but there are way too many choices :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I had a e-cig a couple of years ago but to be honest it was rubbish because I didn't get the sensation of smoking. Am thinking of getting anything one but there are way too many choices :D
    It's a completely different ball game now, the old rubbish is still available (see Amazon or your local market), but the new breed of PVs (Personal Vapourisers) is a different class. Anything 510/901/Riva/eGo from a reputible supplier (Totally Wicked, Liberty Flights, Cloud9Vaping etc) is a pretty good bet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magikmax wrote: »
    It's a completely different ball game now, the old rubbish is still available (see Amazon or your local market), but the new breed of PVs (Personal Vapourisers) is a different class. Anything 510/901/Riva/eGo from a reputible supplier (Totally Wicked, Liberty Flights, Cloud9Vaping etc) is a pretty good bet.

So what would you recommend for a 20 a day "lights" smoker who enjoys the throat hit :D
    Forum Member
    If you like the look of the PCC, you can get a kit from Libbero which has a pretty good write up, called the Realis.
    Decided to get THIS, as the extra battery is a real must for a days vaping.

I watched the vid review on that page and I like the look of that wee kit actually. Compact, easy to refill and a charging case. Sorted.

So should I order extra liquid and cartomisers? I don't want to get caught short and go and buy a pack of cigs. I smoke 15 to 20 a day if that helps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what would you recommend for a 20 a day "lights" smoker who enjoys the throat hit :D

I'd ask why they smoked lights? :p

Throat hit is better with 510 or you can go low resistance 901 but you will need a big battery device for low resistance atomisers.

Big battery means bigger than the normal cigarette look-a-likes so Riva, Ego, Tornado or mods like Silver bullet, Screwdriver ect.

As suggested, Totally Wicked, Liberty Flights, Cloud 9 vaping or oksmokey have a good range of devices and juice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing wrong with that, if you like slim :p

Topping up carts is just pulling off the cart, dropping some liquid on to the fluffy filler in the cart until it stays/looks wet, then push cart back on end of e-cig and away you go.

No need to mess with cart filler, just replace with another new empty cart when discoloured. The bottles are dropper type bottles normally, so it makes it easy to fill carts.

Not a bad way to start out :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bit of a contradiction? Do you rip the filters off them or something? :p
    I'll go with WindWalker. You won't get throat hit at low nic unless you use a juice that'll kick the back of your throat - although you can increase throat hit by adding menthol ejuice to other flavours. Low resistance is the way to go for throat hit, but you would need a bigger battery. I would start with an eGo or Riva 510.
    Forum Member
    I think I've changed my mind now WindWalker. :o See my last post, told you I was indecisive. :D I think slim will be adequate for my needs, I don't need a chunky one. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've changed my mind now WindWalker. :o See my last post, told you I was indecisive. :D I think slim will be adequate for my needs, I don't need a chunky one. :p

That'll serve you well, just remember that charging case or spare batteries :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the vid review on that page and I like the look of that wee kit actually. Compact, easy to refill and a charging case. Sorted.

So should I order extra liquid and cartomisers? I don't want to get caught short and go and buy a pack of cigs. I smoke 15 to 20 a day if that helps.

The carts won't last nearly as long as advertised, extra carts and juice recommended.
    Forum Member
    Ok, thanks. Off to order! I'll let you know how I get on. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which one wasp, the liberro?

or pcc's

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/products.asp do pcc's, just scroll down.

Not sure what variant the liberro one is based on but the LF ones are available in 901, 510, M series ect. They do cartomisers as well so maybe you will change your mind again?
    Forum Member
    The Liberro Realis bumper kit with spare battery and PCC. :D Any idea how long do the cartomisers last roughly? Like how many times can you refill them before replacing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Liberro Realis bumper kit with spare battery and PCC. :D Any idea how long do the cartomisers last roughly? Like how many times can you refill them before replacing?

Well, they were invented as a one use only device but folk managed to work out how to fill them. I think newer one last a reasonable time, maybe as long as normal atomisers which is 2 to 3 weeks, but they are cheap to buy anyway.

I've not used cartomisers so can't say for sure but there are plenty to choose from on LF. Clear ones, ceramic pot ones and dual coil ones :cool:

You will have to check what type of fitting the liberro uses to make sure you get the right ones but there is a whole new world of choice just opened up for you :D
    Forum Member
    Nooooooo! *not looking* Choice just confuses me more. :D
    Forum Member
    Ordered! Intrigued to try them out. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ordered! Intrigued to try them out. :)

Yay, I was afraid to post again until you had made your mind up! :p

Wait until you start wondering what the other flavours taste like...

;)

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    :eek: *panics* :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I have ordered a tank and a bottle of 8mg liquid :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nice one Ber. Never tried 8mg, I'm a 24mg sort of person but was a b&h smoker; 40 a day too :eek:

I am tempted to get a tank for driving, not the military sort :p Topping up at traffic lights can lead to sitting at green lights :o

Let us know how you get on with it :)
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: *panics* :D

Seriously, dont panic.

I was a 30+ a day roll up man, but get on Ok with the Realis, although I have decided as I am buying the liquid and spare cartomisers to go for the 2.4% strength, instead of the 1.8% strength.

Happy vaping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you may find yourself wanting something a bit 'stronger'.