[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies and advice.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took the plunge a week a go i got the Ego-T system, not even had the a single desire to smoke a normal cigarette, this is after 20 years of fairly heavy smoking 20-30 a day. I thought it would be a slow wean off cigs but instantainous i am amazed.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    My cheap shit Amazon e-cigs are in the bin and am looking for an alternative. Back on the real stuff now unfortunately but smoking far, far less than I used to. Miss chomping on the e-cig like it was a cigar

ETA, think I'll go for the Ego-T.
  • Options
    spoonfulofsensespoonfulofsense Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the most realistic experience I recommend a 510 battery and direct dripping on a 306 with a drip tip. As close to real dragging experience as you can get.
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a delivery of a TECC White Super (10cm) Starter Kit for a friends mother who has been smoking for 40 years. Only heard about these thanks to this forum, hope it works, worth a try for the sake of £20+.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I got a couple from Tescos about a month ago and bought another two today

Its not smoking but they do the job, they have helped me cut down an awful lot

drawbacks, bit heavy, dont like the blue end that lights up and they dont taste exactly like a cig

but its something to hold and I do get the satisfaction of drawing on a cig, plus Im allergic to patches so its a win win thing for me
  • Options
    ObanaObana Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Just a quick question for the more knowledgable:

Never bought an ecig yet.I have read the whole thread and my only concern is that i wish to buy for Mother also but she does not have a PC.I notice that most starter type ecigs come with a usb charger.

Will someone please recommend a starter kit with a mains charger.

many thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Titan Tank starter pack I've just got has a USB and a plug socket which you can plug the USB into.
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After 3 years I have temporary gone back to cancer sticks , on Monday I hope to go back to my E Cigg
    The loss of my dear wife has hit me more than I thought , at the moment the E Cigg don't do it for me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obana wrote: »
    Just a quick question for the more knowledgable:

Never bought an ecig yet.I have read the whole thread and my only concern is that i wish to buy for Mother also but she does not have a PC.I notice that most starter type ecigs come with a usb charger.

Will someone please recommend a starter kit with a mains charger.

many thanks

If you find one you like but it has a usb charger then have a look here;

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mains+usb+adaptor+uk&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=0BRaTqL2LYiY8QPPwuylDA&ved=0CGkQrQQ&biw=1912&bih=892

You can get mains to usb adaptors so no need for a pc.

510 kit for throat hit and vapour.

901 for better flavour and slightly less throat hit.

Riva/Tornado/Ego in 510 or 901 for big battery device. Big battery allows use of low resistance atomisers which give more throat hit and more vapour.

Tornado tank uses a tank instead of cartridges to hold juice.

You will need spare atomisers, juice and some blank cartridges. Two batteries minimum and two atomisers are ok to start with. Usually included in starter kits but juice often isn't.

18mg juice is usual starter strength but experiment with flavour and strength to find what suits.

:)
  • Options
    iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 3 years I have temporary gone back to cancer sticks , on Monday I hope to go back to my E Cigg
    The loss of my dear wife has hit me more than I thought , at the moment the E Cigg don't do it for me

I'm very sorry for your loss - I know I'm just a stranger on the internet and don't know you, but I enjoy your posts on DS and genuinely send you my best wishes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Understandable Les. My condolences mate, do what feels right and works for you. I went back to smoking after an operation because the pain killers I was on made the e-cig taste horrible :confused:

I went back to the e-cig after a while, so just take your time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry about your loss.I picked up on this thread when i saw your post.Many thanks.

Also thanks WW and everyone.I have read the whole thread...eeeek! so much,so little time but many useful tips.

I probably know that i can buy a mains charger as a separate but trying to keep costs down i just wondered if any of the recommended starter kits supplied one as standard and if not i just wondered why not?

Will probably go for the 501 or910 as suggested....now which site????

I do notice Tot.Wicked appears the same company as TECC (and also close geographically to Lib Flights).Just an observation.

Thanks all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry about your loss.I picked up on this thread when i saw your post.Many thanks.

Also thanks WW and everyone.I have read the whole thread...eeeek! so much,so little time but many useful tips.

I probably know that i can buy a mains charger as a separate but trying to keep costs down i just wondered if any of the recommended starter kits supplied one as standard and if not i just wondered why not?

Will probably go for the 501 or910 as suggested....now which site????

I do notice Tot.Wicked appears the same company as TECC (and also close geographically to Lib Flights).Just an observation.

Thanks all.

Here are some starter kits, some with mains chargers :)

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Categories/Starter

Totally wicked and TECC are owned by the same person. He merged the two companies and will phase out TECC in time. When branded stock has gone is my understanding.

Liberty flights is seperate to TW/TECC.

Cloud 9 vaping is run by Lisa who is very helpful and reliable.

Don't forget juice!

ETA: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits-products.html

Scroll down for cheaper kits, some with mains chargers or adaptors.
  • Options
    dixiegirl_ukdixiegirl_uk Posts: 201
    Forum Member

I am sorry for your loss, Uncle Fester. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi dixie, long time no see. How are you getting on with your tornado tank? Hubby still using e-cigs? You found a juice you like or you not been too adventurous yet?
  • Options
    dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a couple from Tescos about a month ago and bought another two today

Its not smoking but they do the job, they have helped me cut down an awful lot

drawbacks, bit heavy, dont like the blue end that lights up and they dont taste exactly like a cig

but its something to hold and I do get the satisfaction of drawing on a cig, plus Im allergic to patches so its a win win thing for me

I tried the Tesco disposable ones. Tasted horrible. Left an after taste like the smell of burning tyres!! I lost my original totally wicked cigarette which was a gift. Now get e cigarettes them from the local market. Come with different flavoured cartridges and are nicotine free. I love them. Now on coffee flavoured. I alternated e-cigs with smoking and gradually cut down on tobacco over a few months. Now cannot bear the thought of smoking. I was only on 5/6 per day but the e-cigs have replaced the habit. Brilliant things.
  • Options
    magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recently got myself an Excel kit from JAC Vapour, I'm not exactly a fan of small cig-a-like ecigs, more of a big battery mod man, however, these kits are great. They use a 901 style battery fitting, automatic batteries, and KR808D V3 cartomisers, which are like having the cartridge and the atomiser all in one. The atomiser coil is at the bottom of the cartomiser, so they wick reliably. The site advises that the cartomisers can be refilled 3 times before being replaced, I get acceptable performance for a week, making them fairly cost effective. The Excel case acts as a charging case, so you can constantly have the batteries on a recharge rotation. If you're looking for a good value beginner's kit with everything you need to get started, they're well worth checking out:
    http://www.jacvapour.com
    Using Scott's (igetcha69) code at checkout will give you 20% off your order: ECR69
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all recommendations....

So i went to Liberty flights(dont like website by the way) and looked at 510 starter kit>
    I read description and then it says:"These kits are only for sale to non-uk customers"...Huh?

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=47
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wont be bothering with liberty flights methinks.Horribly laid out site and 501 starter kit not available.Bit miffed.

Totally wicked here i come..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wont be bothering with liberty flights methinks.Horribly laid out site and 501 starter kit not available.Bit miffed.

Totally wicked here i come..

I think it may have something to do with distribution rights or something. Totally Wicked have their 510 Titan kits in sale at £25.99 this week, which is pretty good value. Not a bad place to start, but get a couple of extra batteries
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the thought of these ecigs but I have a question for anyone in the know, I checked out totally wicked but I soon got confused. I'm more of a social smoker, I enjoy it but I don't think I'm addicted as I sometimes go for a few days without smoking. Anyway my question is can I get a liquid that doesn't contain nicotine? because I think I prefer the feeling of smoking more than a need for the actual nicotine. And do the Ecigs feel the same or does it take some getting used to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scrappy555 wrote: »
    I like the thought of these ecigs but I have a question for anyone in the know, I checked out totally wicked but I soon got confused. I'm more of a social smoker, I enjoy it but I don't think I'm addicted as I sometimes go for a few days without smoking. Anyway my question is can I get a liquid that doesn't contain nicotine? because I think I prefer the feeling of smoking more than a need for the actual nicotine. And do the Ecigs feel the same or does it take some getting used to?

With nicotine, largely the same, without nic, you may not get the same thump at the back of the throat unless you go for a zero nic juice in a flavour that has its own throathit, menthol or cinnamon spring to mind. Most ecig vendors have either a low nic juice, or a zero nic juice available, just don't make the mistake of ordering a bottle of concentrate(for DIY juice) instead of a bottle of premixed zero nic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magikmax wrote: »
    With nicotine, largely the same, without nic, you may not get the same thump at the back of the throat unless you go for a zero nic juice in a flavour that has its own throathit, menthol or cinnamon spring to mind. Most ecig vendors have either a low nic juice, or a zero nic juice available, just don't make the mistake of ordering a bottle of concentrate(for DIY juice) instead of a bottle of premixed zero nic.

thanks for the reply, I do like the throat hit so I think menthol will be way for me to go. Thanks for the help.

one more question though, how long do the batteries last? is it just so many hours or so many puffs?
  • Options
    iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Tornado Tank and the battery on that generally will last me a day on a full charge - I am quite a heavy user I guess, so your mileage may vary.