Can the judges get any further up the contestants Ar*es

David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says, its sickening the way they are being told how wonderful they all are, even after a couple of mediocre performances

Comments

• BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes for a very bland, not to mention insincere, show.

Some of the performances tonight have been horrific.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Bananafish wrote: »
    It makes for a very bland, not to mention insincere, show.

Some of the performances tonight have been horrific.

i agree, by far the worst show.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Danny critiqued a few performances tonight a long with Jessie, you want a Simon Cowell character, change the channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Danny critiqued a few performances tonight a long with Jessie, you want a Simon Cowell character, change the channel.

Completely agree with barrcode.
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was like someone going into A&E with their arm hanging off and a nurse giving them a bandaid and saying there, there it's not so bad.

It makes a mockery of the show being about The Voice when some of the coaching is clearly trying to teach a fish to climb trees.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOTALLY agree! I don't mind it when it's deserved but telling acts like Matt & Suleen they were amazing just makes the whole thing so insincere and far too nicey nice. I like when the judges are a bit more cutting on X-Factor and the like, especially when the acts deserve it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOTALLY agree! I don't mind it when it's deserved but telling acts like Matt & Suleen they were amazing just makes the whole thing so insincere and far too nicey nice. I like when the judges are a bit more cutting on X-Factor and the like, especially when the acts deserve it!

But Danny and Jessie did criticise their performance?
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I like the fact that the judges are supportive, and are not just downright cruel to warrant boos.

Both Jessie and Danny gave gentle critic, without humiliating the contestants, I think its alot more human that way, alot nicer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buttons88 wrote: »
    True :p By the judges I meant 'some of' them (ie Will and Tom, even though it's his act!), should've worded it better! Jessie is probably the best judge, I don't like her as a person personally but she talks the most sense and is usually the one to call someone out on whatever they did wrong.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    there is a lack of critique.

it doesn't have to be nasty or gratuitous.

but it does need to be in there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member

I'm glad it wasn't just me I think the Matt and Sullen are way overrated, they murdered that song tonight.
    Strangely I had the show on in the background, and I thought that on the voice alone tonight, there were some really abysmal performances tonight.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Buttons88 wrote: »

Yep. Jessie often gives good constructive criticism yet gets attacked for it being called grumpy. At least she's honest. Tom and Will are pretty insincere.
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not comparing The Voice to BGT or X Factor, Simon Cowell is irrelevant to my comment.

The Voice was an opportunity for the BBC to demonstrate that the UK could hold a credible talent show in this age of reality tv shows, and, in my humble opinion, have failed dismally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe they thought that Matt and Sueleen were good.

I loved them tonight they were in my top 2 or 3 performances.

As for the judges, it's hard to be massively critical when everyone is good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    David1964 wrote: »
    I'm not comparing The Voice to BGT or X Factor, Simon Cowell is irrelevant to my comment.

The Voice was an opportunity for the BBC to demonstrate that the UK could hold a credible talent show in this age of reality tv shows, and, in my humble opinion, have failed dismally.

I think its great!!! and far from failing they have in my opinion produced a brilliant show,a few tweaks and im sure it will just get better!! dont forget its the 1st series!! its a learning curve!! just like x factor and those before it where:)
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garry-paul wrote: »
    I think its great!!! and far from failing they have in my opinion produced a brilliant show,a few tweaks and im sure it will just get better!! dont forget its the 1st series!! its a learning curve!! just like x factor and those before it where:)

It was great, the turning the chairs round bit was great great tv, the battle rounds were.... okay..... but now its basically the x-factor but the judges dont tell them they were crap and instead big them up into superstars. I watched about 20 minutes of tonights show, absolutely zero tension and drama, the acts were boring, the judges refused to critisize and there was a much better show to watch on the other side.

Great start, but its gone shooting downhill in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    grazman wrote: »
    It was great, the turning the chairs round bit was great great tv, the battle rounds were.... okay..... but now its basically the x-factor but the judges dont tell them they were crap and instead big them up into superstars. I watched about 20 minutes of tonights show, absolutely zero tension and drama, the acts were boring, the judges refused to critisize and there was a much better show to watch on the other side.

The show isn't about that, if you want that stuff stay on the other channel.
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show isn't about that, if you want that stuff stay on the other channel.

i did, twas much better.
    Forum Member

Ill say it Again,its nothing like x factor!!! and of course the judges critisize!!
    Forum Member
    i did, twas much better.

Good for you!
    Forum Member
    Good for you!

By his or her admission,they didnt watch the whole show so am perplexed in the comments!!!:)