Voice (US) Season 4-Starts March 25th

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
Forum Member
Post all things Season 4 here:

A preview of what's in store: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1SsXqfCMs

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Brilliant, we both started the same thread at pretty much the same time!

so whats your early impressions of the new coaches?

Like how adams got some real competition in the charming the female artists into picking them category now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Brilliant, we both started the same thread at pretty much the same time!

so whats your early impressions of the new coaches?

Like how adams got some real competition in the charming the female artists into picking them category now!

Different (more competitive?) but nice chemistry between the old & new judges. According to Tony Lucca (season 2 runner up) who attended last nights Premiere in L.A, this is the best talent yet (but that remains to be seen after just one episode.
    Forum Member
    KToure wrote: »
    Different (more competitiive?) but nice chemistry between the old & new judges. According to Tony Lucca (season 2 runner up) who attended last nights Premiere in L.A, this is the best talent yet (but that remains to be seen after just one episode.

yeah definately, I felt like last year was a bit of a weak year, and my personal favourite avery went really early :(

agreed that it will be more competitive as cee lo always used to be very laid back and just let the artists who wanted him pick him, whereas usher and shakira seem much more likely to be more agressive in recruiting. At the same time theres no adam vs xtina so there shouldnt be any nastyness and should all be light hearted and fun

also shakira is so hot :D theyve done a good job of hiding her baby bump however
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBnEvRAvjlA

find the latest preview above, love what this guys done with the song, think hell pick usher
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBnEvRAvjlA

find the latest preview above, love what this guys done with the song, think hell pick usher

Not his version (neither James Arthur) rather credit belongs to this guys (however both have given credit to the originator): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvlsuLau5c
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna give the voice is a go because I love shakira...
  • Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I'm really excited for this series. I just hope I love somebody as much as I did Amanda Brown, it will be very tough for somebody to grab that accolade.
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KToure wrote: »
    Post all things Season 4 here:

A preview of what's in store: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1SsXqfCMs

I looked at the link and I notice that that's the woman who sang Heal The World at Michael Jackson's funeral
    Forum Member
    monrose wrote: »
    I looked at the link and I notice that that's the woman who sang Heal The World at Michael Jackson's funeral

the voice does love a back up singer story!

first jermaine paul
    then amanda brown

and now this year judith hill!

she is really good though, the finished article you could say
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I absolutely LOVED the premiere. The coaches were great, excellent banter, good chemistry, and loads of humor and laughs. It seems like the judges have healthy egos which they are prepared to put on check and are able to laugh at themselves.

As for the contestants, I might be one of the few, who like the fact, that The Voice is show for people who have had chances in the industry, and need another one. I also like, that they don't try and make fun of the contestants, nor do they allow any rudeness toward the judges. The contestants may have more talent than the judges/coaches, but the coaches have been in the industry (successfully) for decades, and made it with what they have. Judith Hill was good, but I don't think that she already has it in her pocket. It takes so much more than a very good performance, and the audience can be very surprising.

For me the premiere was 9.5/10. The sob stories were the only negative for me, they do nothing for me. Most times I hold them against the contestant, than feel any sympathy for them.
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    I'm watching the US version of The Voice for the very first time and OMG Judith Hill is incredible. I love her voice and her look. I think she could be a huge star
    Forum Member
    I've fallen in love with Christian? Porter lolol.

His wiggle <3
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Skipped last season but thought I'd give this one a go because of Shakira, the coaches work well together but I'm still fast-forwarding more than I watch.

The 'Sexy and I Know It' guy was the only one I liked, if this was Idol he would have been declared the winner already, instead I think he could get lost in the battle rounds.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Shakira and Usher are ten times better than their predecessors, so its good already based on that. The crop of singers though? Only so-so, at least so far two episodes in.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Shakira is absolutely awesome. Her country to English dictionary was a good joke, a bit at her self, and those critiquing her accent, as well as endearing joke. It seems like the coaches really like each other, and it's all in good fun. They always say, that the show isn't about the judges, but about the contestants, which is true, that it shouldn't be about the judges promoting themselves, BUT the judges bring the viewers, if they are personable, entertaining and enthusiastic, viewers will want to watch more.

I liked some of the acts on episode 2, the country singer who surprisingly picked Shakira was good, the one singing in Spanish was different and great, the duo was entertaining and the last girl was great. Those are the ones who shone to me.

Episode 3 promo looks good too, can't wait!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Shakira, but Usher is boring. I miss Cee-lo.
    Forum Member
    Loved Midas Whale. They were fantastic in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Midas Whale. They were fantastic in my opinion.

Loved them to. With good songs, they are a ready made show.
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Loved them to. With good songs, they are a ready made show.

I think they'll work well with Adam, I liked their Mumford shoutout would love them to sing one of their older tracks. Would really like them to go far. Duets don't really have a good track record, they seem to get more than 2 coaches turn around for them at the blinds, then they seem to get cut at the battles, hope these can turn it around.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad The Voice is back again. Love it. I much prefer the US version to ours. I'm really liking Shakira, don't care much for Usher though he's kinda blah.

So far i'm loving Judith, Cathia and Sarah. I'm glad Judith auditioned, I remember her from the memorial and thinking she was amazing. I loved Cathia's personality after she performed

I wonder if they'll keep Usher or Shakira on if they become a hit with the public hmmm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I'm glad The Voice is back again. Love it. I much prefer the US version to ours. I'm really liking Shakira, don't care much for Usher though he's kinda blah.

So far i'm loving Judith, Cathia and Sarah. I'm glad Judith auditioned, I remember her from the memorial and thinking she was amazing. I loved Cathia's personality after she performed

I wonder if they'll keep Usher or Shakira on if they become a hit with the public hmmm?

Only if the other coaches don't want their seats. They have the seats for as long as they want them and whenever they decide they want to take them back, it's theirs. I think the press conference about it is on YouTube if you want to watch it.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Only if the other coaches don't want their seats. They have the seats for as long as they want them and whenever they decide they want to take them back, it's theirs. I think the press conference about it is on YouTube if you want to watch it.

Ahh I didn't know that i'll have to check it out. Surprisingly enough, I found Christina a bit shady last season but I do enjoy her pre-live shows. I wouldn't mind Blake, Adam, Shakira and Xtina as the coaches :p
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Danielle Bradbery was really good
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Where can i watcb the Voise US :(
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    Where can i watcb the Voise US :(

1channel xo