Options

Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's confirmed, it's Nadine Coyle whom Shane to have a duet with
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane posted a video clip of recording I Could Be with Nadine Coyle:

https://youtu.be/LrtFFds_TUs

It sounds good, I'm looking forward in hearing it in full.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song had a nice impact on the album.

It is currently #43 in Ireland and #66 in UK

And single is doing very good in Ireland, currently at #21, while it climbed quite a bit in UK from few hours ago and now it is #88.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the "Westaloud" thing helped in making a publicity.

I hope it continues by creating a real good single of that duet. Is the album officially out today?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's over dude . .

Goodbye . .

FOREVER !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hater

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hootie wrote: »
    It's over dude . .

Goodbye . .

FOREVER !

I don't get why can't people just make music if they want to. Not everyone can be Timberlake. If you hate him, just ignore his music. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simple, he/she is a plain hater
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is Shane's album promo on TV:

19th - BBC Breakfast on BBC1
    20th - Sunday Brunch on Channel 4
    25th - Loose Women on ITV1
    25th - The Late Late Show on RTE1 (Ireland)
    28th - Sky Sunrise on Sky News
    29th - The Wright Stuff on Channel 5

4th October - Songs of Praise on BBC1

I'm not familiar with many TV shows so I don't know whether this promo is good but I think it is more than what he did with his debut album, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane gave another song instantly when you pre-order his album.

Its Better Off A Fool - in case someone wants to have a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87OcKm2ATKY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane gave another song I Can't Get Over You.

https://youtu.be/0o2ATCkq_Ck

Another lovely and great song but I do hope he will also have a few uptempos or at least midtempos on the album. But this is a vast improvement since the debut in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another song Beautiful To Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_f5OZnipGk

His album sounds very strong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened to the album and I must say it is one big step forward from You and Me. Even if some songs are cheesy like Effortlessly You, Shane just knows how to deliver the emotion. The highlight is definitely Right Here, it reminds me off those epic ballads Westlife used to do, it just builds and builds.

I don't know if it is just me but All My Love in few minor ways reminds me of Perri's Thousand Years, maybe a little in chorus.

I also love that Worst Kind Of Love is a bit faster, not as mellow in the chorus, its a great midtempo song. Overall, I love the entire album. However, I have to admit that I do miss a few real uptempos, it is all ballads. AND I hate that it is only 33 minutes long - off all that 50 songs he wrote for the album, he could have at least had 3-4 bonus tracks.

Also, it is a very very listenable album, I can listen to it on repeat many times.

Here is a great review of the album:

http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/album-review-shane-filan-right-here/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I listened to the album and I must say it is one big step forward from You and Me. Even if some songs are cheesy like Effortlessly You, Shane just knows how to deliver the emotion. The highlight is definitely Right Here, it reminds me off those epic ballads Westlife used to do, it just builds and builds.

I don't know if it is just me but All My Love in few minor ways reminds me of Perri's Thousand Years, maybe a little in chorus.

I also love that Worst Kind Of Love is a bit faster, not as mellow in the chorus, its a great midtempo song. Overall, I love the entire album. However, I have to admit that I do miss a few real uptempos, it is all ballads. AND I hate that it is only 33 minutes long - off all that 50 songs he wrote for the album, he could have at least had 3-4 bonus tracks.

Also, it is a very very listenable album, I can listen to it on repeat many times.

Here is a great review of the album:

http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/album-review-shane-filan-right-here/

so it's officially out now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For now he is doing extremely well:

#6 in Ireland
    #24 in UK

Hopefully he will keep it up like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he keeps climbing:

#4 in Ireland
    #18 in UK

I'm glad that he still has a solid fanbase. Of course this is just the first day, hopefully he won't drop a lot by Friday.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually really good, the duet with Nadine is my favourite, I would like a bit punchier lyrics sometimes, he's always very safe with his music, which can be a bit boring, but he does have a lovely voice and it's a very calming album. An improvement on his debut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    This is actually really good, the duet with Nadine is my favourite, I would like a bit punchier lyrics sometimes, he's always very safe with his music, which can be a bit boring, but he does have a lovely voice and it's a very calming album. An improvement on his debut.

I agree on his music being safe but as this is an improvement since the debut album, maybe he will spice things up more on his 3rd album. The thing with Shane is, I think he lacks confidence, he is not as daring as Mark for example. Even in Westlife, he was the who seemed most satisfied with everything Simon or Louis suggested - it made me sick that he was the one who kept saying the reason why they made The Love Album is because there weren't enough good original songs to find - get real Shane ugh:D

I think he is slowly developing his sound, he is not quite there yet. BUT I do think he will always make pure pop love songs, I doubt that will ever change.

By the way, is it just me or does All My Love reminds you of Perri's Thousand Years? Something in the chorus reminds me of that song, maybe it is just a feel of the song :)

Also, besides I Could Be, I think Right Here, Beautiful To Me and especially Worst kind Of Love is single worthy - I love that song, the melody is great.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love the Nadine duet. My favourite track on the album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is one solid review:

http://justlistentothis.co.uk/reviews/shane-filan-right-here/

I agree with the author in many ways, no one can't deny this is a safe record. But overall it looks like he likes the album and I especially like the fact he said Shane is capable of a lot more which he will show in time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like safe, safe is good. You know what you're getting from a Shane record and I like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane is #10 in UK midweeks.

Well, I was expecting a lot worse charting since he keeps sliding down the iTunes chart, currently at #49... I hope tomorrow's promo will help a bit. Earlier he slipped to #20 on Irish iTunes but now he is back at #11.

It is not great but it isn't that bad either, considering Me And The Moon didn't chart at all and his promo in UK mostly consists of appearing on morning shows and B list radio shows. And, even though we do agree this is much stronger album than debut, this music like pure pop is not that popular, at least not these big ballads. Of course Sheeran is an exception but even he released uptempos Sing, Don't and Bloodstream before Thinking Out Loud and Photograph.

All things considered, Top 20 would be a decent result.

BUT I still wonder where is the support from Westlife fans who love this type of music. I understand that Mark maybe lost a few fans because his music is so different but Shane stayed in the genre that made Westlife huge. I just don't get it...
  • Options
    woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    BUT I still wonder where is the support from Westlife fans who love this type of music. I understand that Mark maybe lost a few fans because his music is so different but Shane stayed in the genre that made Westlife huge. I just don't get it...

Its always very hard for a solo member to hold onto the core of a band's audience - the brand is missing - even if the material is pretty much the same. Personally I just don't think Shane has a big enough personality on his own, he may have been the main voice but, as far as interviews go he just disappeared - he even had Louis Walsh on with him on Loose Women. I think that most Westlife fans are just waiting for the inevitable reunion tour;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane climbed two places and now he is #8 in midweeks! I wasn't expecting that, brilliant. He must be selling VERY strong in shops since he is still plummeting on iTunes, now at #108.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That has surprised me, I expected him to drop to the mid 10s. Westlife were always strong physical sellers though I believe.