Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Charlton was the sticking point with Mourinho and I also genuinely believe that Ferguson didn't want to appoint a man who wouldn't ask his advice........controversial but there you go.

Combine the two and I think thats why they went for a man who was being promoted into the job.

Yep I'd agree with that. I also remember the suggestion being made that the board felt that with David Gill also leaving, they wouldn't have anyone with the neccessary clout to keep Mourinho in line. Though a year later they did appoint Van Gaal, who's hardly shy and retiring when it comes to club politics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on absolutely nothing, I reckon Simeone will pitch up at Chelsea once Mourinho goes.
  • Options
    Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't think that the Man Utd job is that hard. Im not being flippant but if I was a decent manager I'd love a crack at it.

You need to play in an attacking manner

You have the money to buy the players to make you play in said attacking manner.

It either works or it doesn't.

The biggest complaints about Moyes and Van Gaal has been the style of football.

If you start out with a attacking football mantra you are one step ahead already and the Glazers are going to bank roll you anyway.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Based on absolutely nothing, I reckon Simeone will pitch up at Chelsea once Mourinho goes.

Yep. Wouldn't be at all surprised.

Where else can they go? Perhaps Mourinho could end up at United after all....
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll never happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Simeone given a shot.

We could do with a bastard on the touchline.

His time does seem to be drawing to a close there I think, it wouldn't surprise me if he left them in the summer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Wouldn't be at all surprised.

Where else can they go? Perhaps Mourinho could end up at United after all....

They have had such a high level of turnover, and with Klopp now firmly out of the picture, it only really leaves, Pep, Simeone, or someone out of left-field.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His record is pretty impressive, considering that he manages a team in Spain that isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona.

His level of success outside of either Barca or Real Madrid, reminds me a bit of Rafa's success at Valencia, before he became Liverpool boss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His level of success outside of either Barca or Real Madrid, reminds me a bit of Rafa's success at Valencia, before he became Liverpool boss.

Who do you want as the next Man Utd Manager?

Just reply with a name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you want as the next Man Utd Manager?

Just reply with a name.

There are a few that I wouldn't be adverse to having in charge, Pep, Koeman, Simeone, Carlo, and Conte, would all be fine by me.

If I were being pushed for a singular name, then I would go for Pep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few that I wouldn't be adverse to having in charge, Pep, Koeman, Simeone, Carlo, and Conte, would all be fine by me.

If I were being pushed for a singular name, then I would go for Pep.

Yes, just a name. Did you misread what i said?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, just a name. Did you misread what i said?

No, I gave you a name, Pep.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    Why do the papers print such stupid articles? Who cares about this sort of thing anyway??

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-united-fans-outrage-10223332
  • Options
    Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    United fans in "getting the coach home" shocker..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon a lot will make a weekend of it for Bournemouth regardless of KO time.
  • Options
    Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, indeed. Really duff article. There's nothing new or odd about moving kick off times to suit TV. The PL take the money off them and as a result they pretty much dictate the times.
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of away fans I know use their annual leave days if it's a treck of a journey. I can't imagine there's a single person in 2015 who ever thinks "Gosh it isn't Saturday at 3? How unexpected"
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind, but you didn't get the papers throwing this argument around when we had trips to Ipswich or Norwich in the 70's and 80's on a Wednesday, and the road system meant a 8 or 9 hour trip there and back. Plus those old coaches with no loo's, no tv's and everyone smoking were a nightmare.

Perhaps the only thing that could be said is that with ticket prices so high, lack of transport the clubs could provide subsidised transport to these games knowing the problems have been highlighted so early, if not free transport. However, I doubt that will happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind, but you didn't get the papers throwing this argument around when we had trips to Ipswich or Norwich in the 70's and 80's on a Wednesday, and the road system meant a 8 or 9 hour trip there and back. Plus those old coaches with no loo's, no tv's and everyone smoking were a nightmare.

Uhhhh, those coaches that you describe sound horrible!!

I don't think that I could have coped back then in that environment!
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    I can imagine you being a right stick in the mud on a coach like that.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhhh, those coaches that you describe sound horrible!!

I don't think that I could have coped back then in that environment!

Hmmmm what about the train.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    I can imagine you being a right stick in the mud on a coach like that.

Singing along with "My old man said be a City fan...." and replacing "c***" with a funny noise :D
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Jiminy crickets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm what about the train.

I have been on some very cramped trains and they were not nice, just thinking if you were to add people smoking in them, as that is presumably what they did back then, that would not be at all an exciting thought!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Singing along with "My old man said be a City fan...." and replacing "c***" with a funny noise :D

I don't mind the songs, they are pretty good, it is the rest that would not make me too happy.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been on some very cramped trains and they were not nice, just thinking if you were to add people smoking in them, as that is presumably what they did back then, that would not be at all an exciting thought!

When was the last time you used the train, I use it every day to and from work and the worst is when Chelsea and Fulham are at home, South West Trains is packed like sardines, not enough carriages.

That saying it hasn't been that bad with the Rugby World Cup, more carriages, I wonder why? ;-)
This discussion has been closed.