Options

An ex lying about attending Uni - what would you do?

13»

Comments

• Options
    KimmlerKimmler Posts: 1,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cutecheeks wrote: »
    Usually it's me :D:D:D

I’ll bet I’ve ended up in worse positions than you!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Positions :eek:

Or did you mean situations :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    I think thats a bit harsh on the OP - very few of us could honestly say we've not done some FB stalking in our time....:o

True, but it does sound a bit odd that she got one email request from a man (possibly the first contact in 15 years), she 'felt stalked' so her first course of action is to stalk him on FB.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is already doing himself more harm than you ever could with his lies.

Best just to leave it and laugh at him.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxiscot wrote: »
    Thanks - LinkedIn is a business network tool - you can put your CV - that sort of stuff on there. No, given my email addy has changed since then, he would not have it so he deliberately looked me up. Anyway I have taken the advice given - thanks.

To be fair it doesn't take much "looking up". I'm connected to 168 people on linkedin, which translates to a network of around 6,000 people. At some point you'll have connected to someone who is connected to someone, etc etc and your name will have popped up on his list of "people you may know" A couple of clicks later and the invite is sent.

You've done the right thing if you've simply ignored it. At least he's not claiming to have done the jobs you have, I've seen that twice now on linkedin