Options

P!NK - Blow Me (one last kiss) New Single

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's up to #2 on Ausralian iTunes after a few hours!!
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    Love this song, shouting out the chorus is great!
    On Aussie and US iTunes now.

That annoys me. Why can't they just release songs everywhere at the same time. The UK always seems to have to wait :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    That annoys me. Why can't they just release songs everywhere at the same time. The UK always seems to have to wait :(

Well we (Australia) were meant to get it on July 9, I guess Sony AUS & US decided to bring it forward after the leak. I'd expect the UK to get it in a day or two.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really loving this song!
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kanzi wrote: »
    Shock tactics...

Are you really shocked by all the swearing? P!nk always releases an uptempo **** you anthem before delving far deeper and more honest into her music than pretty much anyone else.

E.g.

From 'Missundaztood': 'Get This Party Started', then 'Don't Let Me Get Me', and 'Just Like a Pill'.

From 'Try This': 'Trouble', 'God is a DJ' and then 'Last to Know'.

From 'I'm Not Dead': 'Stupid Girls', then 'Who Knew?' and 'U + Ur Hand'.

From 'Funhouse': 'So What', then 'Sober' and 'Please Don't Leave Me'.

From 'Greatest Hits... So Far!!!': 'Raise Your Glass' and then '****in' Perfect'.

Makes sense, this. I don't understand what's so unbalanced about 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)'. There's many times in life we feel like shouting "I've had a shit day".

As well as "Leave me alone I'm lonely" with the lyrics, "No you can't hop into my shower, all I ask is for one f*****g hour".

Getting back to topic, love the song & can't wait to see the video to it. Welcome back P!nk. :)
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is nobody hearing the awful autotune on this track, its not the deliberate robotised autotune either, its pitch changing autotune. It sounds like they have shifted her voice into a different key.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that's not the final version of that track, it sounds very repetitive and autotuned.

Lyrically it's very good though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst part about that auto-tune is that we've heard P!nk hit that note before, completely unassisted by pitch-correcting software.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait to download this Sunday. It's one of the best songs of 2012.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's at #3 already!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, good
    The UK, along with Australia are one of her most devoted fanbases
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Closing in on the #1 spot on itunes....not a surprise really.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this song. :)
  • Options
    vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to #1 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's now #1 on iTunes. One of the best tracks this year.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I bought the German single weeks ago so I won't be downloading, but I'm so happy it's doing well on iTunes. It deserves to be #1. I can't remember the last time Pink released a song I didn't like!

Surprised this hasn't been played on Radio 2 though. Mum is a massive Pink fan but didn't know she had a new song out because R2 hadn't played it. They normally quite big supporters of her too.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Definitely one of my favourite tracks of the year, so glad it's number one on itunes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like it, its to dancey :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    I don't like it, its to dancey :(

Fair enough but it's no dancey than some of her previous hits. 'Raise Your Glass' for example.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's because I don't listen to radio much, but i was actually pretty worried this would pull a Madonna. As in, bubble up into the lower reaches of the Top 40 despite being the best thing P!nk's done since 'Please Don't Leave Me'. Really glad to see her consistency pulling through here. What a song.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, is this only just getting released in the UK? Why have they held it back for so long?:confused:
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Downloaded this song this morning, heard it on the radio quite a bit but I think it's fantastic really worthy of #1 next Sunday :)
  • Options
    mooneusmooneus Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or does all of Pink's music sound the same....especially all her comeback singles?

Blow Me is a good song but I'm just disappointed because she's not bringing anything new with this song - it's like So What and Raise Your Glass with different lyrics.

I don't think Pink is deserving of a number 1 for those reasons.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mooneus wrote: »
    Is it just me or does all of Pink's music sound the same....especially all her comeback singles?

Blow Me is a good song but I'm just disappointed because she's not bringing anything new with this song - it's like So What and Raise Your Glass with different lyrics.

I don't think Pink is deserving of a number 1 for those reasons.

You have a point but i am glad. She isn't going all electro on us which she has stated twice that she hates that trend.

Pink is giving us what she has before but with the state of how music is at the moment, i couldn't love her more for doing it.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed this is going to be so big, I don't mind the song, but I felt it was nothing we haven't heard before from Pink and thought it would go top5 at best, now it seems like a sure-fire no1!