Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evenin' solar. I can vaguely remember paragliding but can't remember that B&B. There are 2 more weeks of FIAB after this weeks. :D

Oh just read you were affected by the power cuts. Glad they got your power back in time for todays show. They must be fans too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dammit :mad:

Missed tonight's show. Will have to try and catch up before tomorrow.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    Thanks AFT, it was serendipitous timing.

I recall it being pretty chaotic at Dave's but he was very good natured and they all liked him, so I think I remember that we (on the thread) all wanted him to learn and up his game a bit.

Not sure what to say BG, am undecided if you really need to see tonight's to be up to speed, or not.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should win but his pricing will probably go against him.

Agreed, and that's without seeing any of the others. Gorgeous looking house. He came across as a really nice guy, but, it is day 1, I wonder if he'll have a sting in his tail. His place looked perfect though. Pricy, but I can't imagine Cheltenham being a cheap area in terms of finding accommodation so I'd imagine he's done his research and they're priced accordingly. Lovely room, great looking breakfast. Almost fault free. But, would I personally want to pay £125 for a night staying in what's essentially someone's spare room, I'm not so sure. But then, that's why I'd never stay at a B&B and would go for a hotel instead.
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    He seems a bit sinister but then anybody that pushes their church seems sinister to me.

He knows that he is going to be on FIAB and still does foul replies to people on TA, something not quite right.

Goodwill to all men etc.

Me too.
    rhumble wrote: »
    None of the contestants upset me today :eek::eek::D, fair play to John for saying he found dirt, but was looking for it and scoring a 10

My only negative (if i'm allowed to say:o) is that her pink hair colour looks a bit silly on a woman of her age :p

She looked like a Toyah Wilcox fan. :p

Yes, he played fair giving a 10, which surprised me to be honest, but it was nice to see.

ps. edit to say - isn't it fun once you've learnt to multi-quote! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dammit :mad:

Missed tonight's show. Will have to try and catch up before tomorrow.

It's a lovely place. Think it's worth catching up on for the hot totty alone. :D
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a lovely place. Think it's worth catching up on for the hot totty alone. :D

I saw no totty:confused:

Just some bloke with his kit off:eek:

Looks like 4iab producers know their audience:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I saw no totty:confused:

Just some bloke with his kit off:eek:

Looks like 4iab producers know their audience:D

They certainly do :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    ps. edit to say - isn't it fun once you've learnt to multi-quote! :D

Thumbs Up :D:D

Cheltenham's certainly not a bargain destination and he has private parking.
    I wasn't all that impressed with the room decor though and they were fairly snug sizes as well, but he did seem very hospitable and keen to refine things to suit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Thumbs Up :D:D

Cheltenham's certainly not a bargain destination and he has private parking.
    I wasn't all that impressed with the room decor though and they were fairly snug sizes as well, but he did seem very hospitable and keen to refine things to suit.

The mattress was too soft also.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see the Ikea stuff in the bedrooms. Didn't think that would exactly be his thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, the Llandudno man said didn't he, but then mattress density is subjective, it depends on the thickness and construction etc. I suppose.
    You can buy a good quality mattress but I don't suppose it'll suit all comers?
    I was surprised to see the Ikea stuff in the bedrooms. Didn't think that would exactly be his thing.
    Wouldn't have thought so, but then again we once stayed at Ruth Waton's Crown and Castle (she of the original and now repeated Hotel Inspector) and she was using Ikea stuff in the main house rooms at the time :(
    I had to say, at the time, she'd have been well advised to give herself some advice - it was very curate's egg when we were there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think deciding what sort of mattress to supply must be a nightmare for anyone setting up a B&B. You can't anticipate people's taste. Personally I like it very firm and hard, but I expect plenty of others don't. :confused:
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't have thought so, but then again we once stayed at Ruth Waton's Crown and Castle (she of the original and now repeated Hotel Inspector) and she was using Ikea stuff in the main house rooms at the time :(
    I had to say, at the time, she'd have been well advised to give herself some advice - it was very curate's egg when we were there.
    That certainly is surprising! Wonder if Ruth's still wearing coats all the time these days.
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    :eek: I got ordained from the ULC about 10 years ago, it takes 2 minutes and you got to choose your title, I think I went for high priestess - they send you your certificate by email. It was just for a laugh and I would never have the pomposity to boast on national tv that i'm a minister! What a pratt.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks AFT, it was serendipitous timing.

I recall it being pretty chaotic at Dave's but he was very good natured and they all liked him, so I think I remember that we (on the thread) all wanted him to learn and up his game a bit.

Not sure what to say BG, am undecided if you really need to see tonight's to be up to speed, or not.

Tomorrow's prog will give an update.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, the Llandudno man said didn't he, but then mattress density is subjective, it depends on the thickness and construction etc. I suppose.
    You can buy a good quality mattress but I don't suppose it'll suit all comers?

Never heard that expression before - is it the opposite to cutting edge?? :p
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Just watching this afternoon's episode. I've had to watch the scenes with the artist's model a few times, you know just for research purposes.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Never heard that expression before - is it the opposite to cutting edge?? :p

The Curate's Egg. Only bad in parts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    I think deciding what sort of mattress to supply must be a nightmare for anyone setting up a B&B. You can't anticipate people's taste. Personally I like it very firm and hard, but I expect plenty of others don't. :confused:

oo, er, :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankly, there hasn't been a single B&B I can think of on this show that I would pay the rack rate to stay in. I'd rather stay in a hotel and pay for my own breakfast at somewhere decent.
    Most of these B&Bs are just accommodation for the wealthy.

I always wonder about that. If I'm going to pay over £100 for a room, then I'll stay in a hotel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL :D

It was a very posh, large bidet then :D

Maybe you just have a small bum! :D
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how much he charges on Cheltenham Fortnight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder just how much the prices per night of these places actually vary according to season, availability, etc. I just checked yesterday's for an imaginary one night stay next week, (November 6/7th), only £95 inc breakfast.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Gloucestershire-Hotels-One4BB.h5997879.Hotel-Information?&chkin=06/11/2013&chkout=07/11/2013&rm1=a1&affcid=expe.uk.001.000.2224078.17346466&eapid=4232-3&afflid=HTL.5997879.B6.Cheltenham&mctc=5&evar34=2783.0

Makes you wonder, is £125 per night the highest price he's able to charge, or the average price per night if levelled out over the course of the year, or what? How is it arrived at exactly that £125 is the going rate for that place? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.