Options

iPod EQ settings

Just out of interest, do any of you good folks use the equaliser on your iPod, and if so, which setting do you use?

I personally have it switched off.

Comments

• Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    yeh same I have tried the different eq's and none sound the same as it being off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I had problems with a certain album (Jack Johnson's Curious George) frustratingly I downloaded if from my laptop and found the sound terrible so I changed the EQ setting to lounge and it was better but it still isnt perfect. I have downloaded it a couple of times and adjusted the EQ on my computer but like i SAY STILL NOT PERFECT, ANY IDEAS?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    I've always found them a bit tinny so I use Treble Reducer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seems to be the opposite problem, Bass is distorting the sound
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    sounds like its just a bad download Jamie, I will see if I can find the album to see what u mean laters when I'm home
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep the EQ off because I find it to make the sound muffled and prefer it to be 'clean'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish i had an equalizer on my ipod shuffle. Do the other iPods have a Rock EQ? That's what my media player is set to on my phone :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andybno1 wrote:
    sounds like its just a bad download Jamie, I will see if I can find the album to see what u mean laters when I'm home

Thank you, how did you get on?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Embrace wrote:
    I wish i had an equalizer on my ipod shuffle. Do the other iPods have a Rock EQ? That's what my media player is set to on my phone :)
    Yes, there's a Rock EQ - though it's probably not teh same as your phone. :(

Thanks for your replies - folks. I guess it confirms that the EQ isn't exactly great.