Options

Got black ops for xmas, traded it in now

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
Forum Member
I'm a big Hardcore Call of Duty Fan for many years, and have to say after reading some forums i agree that, black ops is a rushed cheap release and now the developers have the last laugh making millions, i was happy to keep MODERN WARFARE 2 just develop new and better maps. Sure new kill streaks and a bloody RC bomb car wow, same game engine and all they did was call it black ops, money grabing developers, and to top that behind the scenes the spilt argument between the developers is not helping. I traded in black ops and back playing modern warfare 2

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completed Black Ops campaign and traded it while it had value. Back to good old COD4 for me plus W@W for Nazi Zombies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dont get me wrong black ops is a good game put it offers nothing new, just a quick money making game for shite developers, should have stuck with originals
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The campaign was shit.

CoD by numbers and nothing more.

Played one you've played em all.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'm REALLY enjoying the campaign, way more than MW 2 and W@W. I think it looks outstanding too, so smooth to play. I'm very surprised by it tbh, I've had to eat my words I guess.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best COD yet, by a mile. Online has a new lease of life with COD points and wager matches, the campaign is action-packed with an interesting story, the graphics are beautiful at times as well.

Only part I'm disappointed with is zombies. Very lazy from Treyarch, the maps are ludicrously complicated, the zombies overpowered (particularly Hell Hounds), poor selection of walled guns. Compared to the originality of Nazi Zombies and the massive, in-depth, varied cooperative experience of Spec Ops, Black Ops zombies is a poor sideshow. Thankfully online split-screen more than makes up for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    It took me less than 4 hours to complete the campaign mode, COD is all about online so you'd think that they would at least get that right. :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the OP MW2 all the way for me Black ops is just a cheap mess. The fact that its not this way on Xbox just adds to the pure laziness of the game.
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ok, its been alot better since the latest patch online. I just think it misses a few "killer" maps online, non of them are really stand out maps like in previous COD releases.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a nosey over on AVForums, they have a defection thread lol. A few have dusted there 360's off just to play black ops.

I think at least 1 has bought a 360 just for the purpose!

A bit extreme imo.

I ain't played it for a while, put the disc in yesterday to get the update tho.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Ps3 its pretty much fine (for me) now with latest patch and server updates.

Only map I'm really not overly keen on is Crisis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Black Ops that bad on PS3? I completed it and traded it but I had it on Xbox 360 and the few times I played online I didn't have many problems.

I'm not trying to gloat I am seriously asking.
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was unplayable but a few days ago it's working perfectly as my friends are saying "OMG it working perfect now!".

My friends don't understand that I'm not playing , not because of the connection issues that took a month to fix, but because of the pathetic perks, abominable guns, rubbish maps, bullocks kill streak rewards, pathetic power of weapons / equipment and unbalanced gameplay. All of which is game design that is on all platforms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Black Ops that bad on PS3?

No.

It was, but seems fine now.

I'm trying not to use the word "fixed" now, as sure as heck as soon as I do, it'll stop, but I havent had one 3 bleep shut down on my new Ps3 with the latest patch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    @kennic - seeing as you traded before creating the thread, the thread seems redundant.

As an xmas present (I'm assuming it was bought for you) I would have kept BO, it cost you nothing.

If multiplayer is the only reason you buy COD games then IMO they're all poor value anyway, but unlike MW2 and COD4, BO has so much more to offer including some unique game modes, Zombies and that mini game (forget the title).

There is room for improvement in the online game, but that's a good thing, things can only improve if they're at rock bottom to start with.

So you had nothing to lose by holding on to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i got it two weeks ago from friend as a xmass present, and no i dont just play for online, if you read my first comment, the reason i traded it in was it offered me no "keep me entertained" value to it. Take Gran Turismo 5 it is a game now that has regular updates of cars, tracks, improvements etc for free, black ops will not have the same impact of updates because of its quick money grabing developers, like more money for MAP PACKS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic... but I sold Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition on eBay today... you can buy it from Zavvi for £11.99 new... it sold for £21 used?!

I don't understand the universe sometimes. Probably going to sell Blops as well as I haven't touched it since a fortnight after it came out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ebay is weird.

folk tell you if you want a bargain, try ebay but then when you are selling things they say, try ebay, you'll get more for it. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    to be honest i never but new games new i do buy on ebay, not that i'm a cheap skate, its just i from ireland and pay alot more for games than in england even after the exchange rate.COD needs to regenerate its game, and sort out its problems with developers,
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I got it from Santa, and I LOVE it so far, not finnished the SP yet, only played about 6 games online against the world, (got my arse kicked but only to be expected when you are a noob)

I am a COD4 veteran, (still crack it out now n then)
    As for MW2, an UTTER pile of shite IMO, What with hackers, and boosters, the awful lag, getting knifed by someone from the other side of the room after unloading a full clip into him, did I mention the boosters?
    Everybody wants to either be a sniper or a camper, (not a lot of difference IMO) oh and the lag, and the boosters, I never prestiged, what's the point when loads of people hacked their way up?

NOPE it's in the case and stayin there,

As for BO, I am loving playing the bots, I think the A I is good, myself and a mate or 2, playing bots, or just me against 9 bots, great fun, I might try to get around to finnishing the SP eventually, might even have a crack at the zombies, But at the moment I am enjoying the bots,
    It's up there with COD4, and head n shoulders above MW2 in MY opinion,
    A BIG thumbs up from me,
    :D:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks the online is the best since CoD4?

Sure it had tons of problems with connection issues, but when it works, I think it's great!

I think all of the maps are good, there is not one that I insta skip (or in BO case don't vote for) like in other CoDs. I feel the gameplay is more balanced (as well as can be for a CoD game, there is still the "I shot you soooo many times then you shoot me once and I die!!!" annoyance at times).

There is no longer ridiculous air-rape like in MW2 and I love all the customisation and different game modes etc.

I have not even touched the single player since I got it on release day, just wanna prestige again!
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ironmonk1 wrote: »
    There is no longer ridiculous air-rape like in MW2

You sure about that?

I'm bloody sick of chopper gunner, so massively overpowered it's ridiculous. It must stay in the air for at least 2 minutes and whichever team gets it is essentially guaranteed the win.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ironmonk1 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the online is the best since CoD4?

Sure it had tons of problems with connection issues, but when it works, I think it's great!

I think all of the maps are good, there is not one that I insta skip (or in BO case don't vote for) like in other CoDs. I feel the gameplay is more balanced (as well as can be for a CoD game, there is still the "I shot you soooo many times then you shoot me once and I die!!!" annoyance at times).

There is no longer ridiculous air-rape like in MW2 and I love all the customisation and different game modes etc.

I have not even touched the single player since I got it on release day, just wanna prestige again!

Nope, you ain't the only one, as I said earlier, I love it, not stopped playing it since I got it on xmas day,
    I loved COD4, was very disapointed with MW2 for many reasons,
    I mainly play the bots with friends, had a few goes playing the world, and although I get slaughtered cause I'm a 'noob' I know ya just have to take it for a while, but no complaints,
    I love the zombies as well,
    I got a bit frustrated with the single player towards the end, just wanted it to be over,

Reading some of the moans here have puzzled me, dunno how ya can compare a FPS with a racing game!!

I only play shooters anyway, I have, BFBC, 1&2, BF1943, MAG, killzone 2, COD4, MW2, and so far, THIS is the only one that comes close to COD4,
    All my friends have it and agree, We are 'mature' players, the youngest being 25, the oldest, (ME) being 57,

:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    You sure about that?

I'm bloody sick of chopper gunner, so massively overpowered it's ridiculous. It must stay in the air for at least 2 minutes and whichever team gets it is essentially guaranteed the win.

Ghost pro + the Strela launcher is your friend. I take GREAT pleasure in instantly destroying peoples chopper gunners that they have probably camped for ages to get. The only time I ever get to use one is when I get it in a care package - about 1 so far! They are great fun though, unless you get shot down straight away lol :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, you ain't the only one, as I said earlier, I love it, not stopped playing it since I got it on xmas day,
    I loved COD4, was very disapointed with MW2 for many reasons,
    I mainly play the bots with friends, had a few goes playing the world, and although I get slaughtered cause I'm a 'noob' I know ya just have to take it for a while, but no complaints,
    I love the zombies as well,
    I got a bit frustrated with the single player towards the end, just wanted it to be over,

Reading some of the moans here have puzzled me, dunno how ya can compare a FPS with a racing game!!

I only play shooters anyway, I have, BFBC, 1&2, BF1943, MAG, killzone 2, COD4, MW2, and so far, THIS is the only one that comes close to COD4,
    All my friends have it and agree, We are 'mature' players, the youngest being 25, the oldest, (ME) being 57,

:cool:

I hope I am still playing games when I am 57! Good on ya! I have exactly 30 years to go though, can you imagine how we will be playing games then! :eek:
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    You sure about that?

Shoot it down, simple.