Options

Doctors discussion thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Drew_M wrote: »
    I don't watch CSI but someone told me some time ago that 'Teenage Wasteland' featured as the theme - I advised that it was called Baba O'Riley and that TW is just in the lyrics.

You're absolutely right! I checked my box-set (sad, eh?):o and the music credits state: "Baba O' Riley"; written by Pete Townshend; performed by "The Who".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's in Tuscany, brushing up on his aria. ;)

I just hope that stupid Driver wouldn't go overboard & too eager to show her "dedication" by waiting in the airport to take Heston away when he returns!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else think yesterday's storyline ended in an odd place? The woman just forgave her husband?
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Did anyone else think yesterday's storyline ended in an odd place? The woman just forgave her husband?

Did she actually forgive him? I didn't see any kiss and make up - while she pretended to be asleep he snuck in and gave her the toy and ice-cream with piccalilli (is there a 'yuck' smilie?) which she ate, so maybe she's going to try and forgive him. I did wonder why Cherry didn't explain the situation about the other woman - after all she did hand out the guy's phone number - which would have put a whole different slant on the situation for them both.
  • Options
    Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Phoebe Thomas, so was rather happy to see her clock the annoying Princess Bubblegum in yesterday's episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    No, punched!! :eek:

Cherry woz "Served!" :) *tee-hee*

I survived the gory details of Lauren's murder, yet I had to leave the room for the devouring of pickle and ice cream yesterday. Gross. :eek:
  • Options
    wolfie1968wolfie1968 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    The scraper looks like a disheveled Dale winton, or is it just me? :-)
  • Options
    Mr_HamiltonMr_Hamilton Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wolfie1968 wrote: »
    The scraper looks like a disheveled Dale winton, or is it just me? :-)

He was an odd one. They seemed to take every serial killer cliche and put them into one character. I loved the way he picked up on Driver's insecurities immediately and refused to make eye contact with her.

I really enjoyed all the references to No 1 Ladies Detective Agency too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh looks like Dan the Man's the next one in the hot seat -seems a bit daft but as we already know, Matt Chambers is out for much of October directing.
    Loved the okra reference.
    Sweet subplot with Mrs Tembe & friend. Is it just the fact I have always had a tendency to think with a Babs Windsor in Carry On films mind, or is it Mrs T & Doctors writers, that made me snort at the lifting of the two dumplings at a time from the pan ?
    <sorry>
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,876
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the supportive posts guys/gals. :)

What was that okra refrence about? Bit spooky as I really like Okra dishes from indian restaurants but I got blood test results this week showing my cholestoral levels are very high and I'm not sure if I should cut down on ordering even vegtable dishes from restaurants because of the fat in cooking oil is very high. Been told its 99 grams but don't know if that was out of 100 grams but restaurants tell me they only put a small bit of fat into the pan and cook the okra dishes seperatly. hmmmm. Gonna miss okra if I do give it up.

That scraper guy was funny! The way he said "OHHHH I like that to Rob" had me loling! I know thats a bit on the wrong side to laugh but it was funny.

Do posters think Rob is onto Harrison with the looks he is giving him? Looks like Rob is suspicious of Harrison but could that be a look of dissapointment instead?

Why would Mra Tembe want that goon Councillor to go to Botsanna for when Botswanna only had George W Bush go there? I'm thinking of a hilarious face that Louis Walsh made when in "shock" over Simon Cowell saying to him that Girls Allowed had never sung live as I write that! :D

Hold on, I'l see if I can find the clip of Bush "saying" that he's been to Botswanna. The clips of his Bushim's are absoloutely hilarious, hold on....
  • Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re the poster who said they thought the male characters were sketchily written, TBH the only 3 I can think of that are (IMO of course) are Kevin, Daniel (I cannot see where all the Daniel love comes from, yes he is a conventionally good looking man, but he has about as much personality as a block of wood), and Jack who I really wish would actually start and learn that actions have consequences. How many times has he done things without thinking and it's been "oh well, it's Jack", I think that was one of the things that riled me so much about the Immie shoplifting storyline, Jack had been in posession of and taken steroids and was still welcomed back into the family. Still it has always seemed to be that way with him, when he and Immie were just characters on the end of the phone, Karen was always more tolerant of Jack than Immie, I'm not saying Immie is perfect, I would like to shake her at times, but I think she was let down quite a lot by Rob especially then.

Characters like Heston and especially the lovely Jimmi are so well written, Jimmi especially has always been (for me) a well written character and his vulnerability has always been well handled, the bad childhood, the OCD (made me smile yesterday when he was being interviewed and he was more upset about the baby sick than the questions ~ typical Jimmi!) Rob, now we have learned more about him, is also a well written character.

Anyway, before this becomes a book, how many clapped when Cherry got a smack yesterday? :o She really should remember some secrets should be kept. Harrison looks as if he is starting to crack, I haven't read spoilers for next week, but wouldn't be surprised if he starts to crack totally or even confess.

Nice to see more husbands are watching. My husband started watching just this year when his days off changed and now I have to tape and keep episodes so as he can watch them or we watch them "live" Tuesday and Wednesday. He really enjoys it and often says how strong the drama is for the time of day it is shown, TBH it's the only soap he watches, he used to watch Emmerdale, but has gone off it. He thinks Doctors is great.

Haven't seen todays (yet), saving it as my husband is at work tonight and I want to make sure I have some programmes to watch while Strictly tapes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Thanks for the supportive posts guys/gals. :)

What was that okra refrence about? Bit spooky as I really like Okra dishes from indian restaurants but I got blood test results this week showing my cholestoral levels are very high and I'm not sure if I should cut down on ordering even vegtable dishes from restaurants because of the fat in cooking oil is very high. Been told its 99 grams but don't know if that was out of 100 grams but restaurants tell me they only put a small bit of fat into the pan and cook the okra dishes seperatly. hmmmm. Gonna miss okra if I do give it up. .
    Okra is common-known as "lady's finger". :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okra is common-known as "lady's finger". :D

I'm thinking of Chancellor George Osborne with his "ahhhhhhh" reactions in parliament to that! :D Scrapers "MO" too huh? :D

Found it found it, not the brilliant compilation but George W Bush saying he went to Bostwanna in a hilarious way.

They should should feauture this into Doctors. I would love to see Mrs Tembe's views on this. They should put Heston, Rob and Barry and Julia into the scene as well to get their philosphical views and reacction to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdG1Hczh2Zg

:D:D:D
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ She would probably be scandalised! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    will2510 wrote: »
    ^ She would probably be scandalised! :D:D

I wonder if Bush went there to meet Mrs Tembe? Or did Mrs Tembe try and meet Bush in that park in "BOTSWANA" like she tried to meet the Queen that time? :D:D:D

That was classic when she was rugby tackelled to the floor and she was still shouting towards the Queens car!

Doctors so should be nominated for comedy scenes from now on. Mrs Tembe, Heston and Barry all brilliant!

By the way, I thought the Scraper had been possesed by Lauren when Driver and the other copper came back into the room and he put on being distressed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got blood test results this week showing my cholestoral levels are very high and I'm not sure if I should cut down on ordering even vegtable dishes from restaurants because of the fat in cooking oil is very high. Been told its 99 grams but don't know if that was out of 100 grams but restaurants tell me they only put a small bit of fat into the pan and cook the okra dishes seperatly. hmmmm. Gonna miss okra if I do give it up.

It's off the main topics but I'm a bit concerned. when you said your cholesterol levels being high, do you mean bad cholesterols (low-density lipoprotein) or total cholesterols (the total of both high- and low-density lipoprotein, the former is also called "good" cholesterols). What about your triglycerides? As far as cooking oil is concerned, you should watch out fats with more saturated fatty acids, i.e., fats that congeal easily when cooled. Not all fats are bad, and fats are essential to normal bodily functions. Cholesterols are also essential, too.
    Restaurant food is always more greasy than home-cooked. I remember one of the professors back in my school said, "Healthy food means 'undelicious' food because you have to put very little salt, sugar and oil, essential ingredients of tastiness."
  • Options
    Mr_HamiltonMr_Hamilton Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was classic when she was rugby tackelled to the floor and she was still shouting towards the Queens car!

Oh that is one of my favourite Doctors moments ever!

I don't think Mrs T would approve of Georgie W. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's off the main topics but I'm a bit concerned. when you said your cholesterol levels being high, do you mean bad cholesterols (low-density lipoprotein) or total cholesterols (the total of both high- and low-density lipoprotein, the former is also called "good" cholesterols). What about your triglycerides? As far as cooking oil is concerned, you should watch out fats with more saturated fatty acids, i.e., fats that congeal easily when cooled. Not all fats are bad, and fats are essential to normal bodily functions. Cholesterols are also essential, too.
    Restaurant food is always more greasy than home-cooked. I remember one of the professors back in my school said, "Healthy food means 'undelicious' food because you have to put very little salt, sugar and oil, essential ingredients of tastiness."

I'l send you a PM On it so we don't go too off topic on it.
  • Options
    val67val67 Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Do any of you think there could be some history with Rob and Driver that one day might surface. The way she treats him and has to show her superiority over him makes me think something could have gone on that she regrets.. Could be a future story line for the family just one more agony for them.
    As for the present Harrison looks as if his is very near to losing the plot. I really hope the reason for Daniel not being seen will not be down to Harrison Or any problems with the baby. I would love to see him and Zara be happy with their baby.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    val67 wrote: »
    Do any of you think there could be some history with Rob and Driver that one day might surface. The way she treats him and has to show her superiority over him makes me think something could have gone on that she regrets.. Could be a future story line for the family just one more agony for them.

The character of Rob would make me doubt this very much - he's far too loyal and "one woman man" to do anything so scandalous! Anyway I think Rob would regret it far more than she would - she's the sort of woman who would cut the b*ll*cks off any man once she's finished with him!
    As for the present Harrison looks as if his is very near to losing the plot.

He won't be able to keep it together for ever!

I really hope the reason for Daniel not being seen will not be down to Harrison Or any problems with the baby. I would love to see him and Zara be happy with their baby.

Me too - They both, especially Zara, deserve some happiness
  • Options
    MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Phoebe Thomas, so was rather happy to see her clock the annoying Princess Bubblegum in yesterday's episode.

Yes I was pleased to see Phoebe in Doctors, and even more delighted when she punched the dreadful Cherry. Any chance of Harrison finnishing her off as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh that is one of my favourite Doctors moments ever!

I don't think Mrs T would approve of Georgie W. ;)

It was classic, I'm hoping its on youtube somewhere.
    As for the present Harrison looks as if his is very near to losing the plot. I really hope the reason for Daniel not being seen will not be down to Harrison Or any problems with the baby. I would love to see him and Zara be happy with their baby.

I think Driver fancies or did fancy Rob and may have made a move or a suggestive comment to him in the past and he rejected her and thats why she is the way she is towards him. There was another officer who did that and took it bad when Rob rejected her I remember. Having said that, Driver is corrupt and I really hope that Police everywhere are doing their very best to boot the likes of Driver out of the Police service as they will convict innocent people and won't care.

I wouldn't be surprised at some point we see Harrison confessing but it might be once he's on the verge of being caught and there might be another victim. He was falling apart in the back of the van saying sorry to Lauren's body so at this point its quite hard to work out how and what Harrison is really like. I think panick/panicking is the most dangerous thing for both him and anyone who may get suspicious on him. If he panicks and then acts without thinking the may try and kill again, lets hope not though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought that Rob and Driver could be a story, but then as someone said before, Rob's not like that! would be a great story though....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Gah! That Driver is a complete cow.

Rob better watch out or he'll be brought in for questioning next. Driver is determined to get someone behind bars for the murder asap...could be anyone (except the one that deserves it...)
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Halban00 wrote: »
    Gah! That Driver is a complete cow.

Rob better watch out or he'll be brought in for questioning next. Driver is determined to get someone behind bars for the murder asap...could be anyone (except the one that deserves it...)

god she's awful isn't she....find a crime then fit someone up school of policing...
This discussion has been closed.