Emmerdale 40th *Contains SPOILERS*

Comments

• HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    If I remember correctly that was started by Kris Green, not anyone at Emmerdale.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Emmerdale have never referred to her as Nana Barton.
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    If I remember correctly that was started by Kris Green, not anyone at Emmerdale.
    Hellingly wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that Emmerdale have never referred to her as Nana Barton.

No, She has been mentioned in Emmerdale mostly in 2010 (The Name Nana Barton has been heard in Emmerdale). Even the actors who play Moira and John have said they would like to see someone play Nana Barton
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying reading this thread even though it's full of total shite.
    Love how everyone thinks they know more about Emmerdale than the next :D

Ok, carry on.
  • dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love this it's making me laugh:)
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Btw - it was mentioned earlier that Nick Miles (Jimmy) posts on here - what's his username? And is he allowed to do this??
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,374
    Forum Member
    Its the username that still makes me laugh. Out of everything they could have chosen they chose "Aaron's pants"...... :rolleyes:
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Btw - it was mentioned earlier that Nick Miles (Jimmy) posts on here - what's his username? And is he allowed to do this??

User name: Nick Miles (original...).

And he does seem to be the genuine article.

Apparently there are other soap stars who visit the DS forums, but incognito... (Gawd help Antony Cotton if he's one of them - he'd have a screaming fit!).
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,374
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    User name: Nick Miles (original...).

And he does seem to be the genuine article.

Apparently there are other soap stars who visit the DS forums, but incognito... (Gawd help Antony Cotton if he's one of them - he'd have a screaming fit!).

I think some come on here just to lurk. Danny Miller used to come on quite often, the girl who plays Rachel comes on sometimes too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Sorry I dont know how to do spoliers but I have a theory going on the original post IF and that's a big IF there is a body under the woolpack then isn't it likely to be Eric's first wife who went missing in the plane crash I believe her body was never found I dont actualy remember if she was or not I cant remember that far back.
    Also wouldn't it be possible that the anniversary is in line with Debbie's pregancy and that the baby is a match for little Sarah but dissaster strikes taking a wild guess here maybe a cot death after all ALL soaps copy each other in one way or another another theory is that I thought of something that hasn't actualy been done in soaps before well least not that I can recall and that is an earthquake!!! hmmm just a theory is all
    Forum Member
    the girl who plays Rachel comes on sometimes too.

Really? Does she know that I am in love with her? That would be sooo cool if she knew! :D
    Forum Member
    cassianna wrote: »
    Sorry I dont know how to do spoliers but I have a theory going on the original post IF and that's a big IF there is a body under the woolpack then isn't it likely to be Eric's first wife who went missing in the plane crash I believe her body was never found I dont actualy remember if she was or not I cant remember that far back.

Elizabeth's body was found in the field where she was killed by the plane debris.
  • bettyeagletonbettyeagleton Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    there has been soooooo many rumours, so as I am at the heart of Emmerdale I wanna just clear up some of them, and tell you lucky lucky people what is happening in the Dales this Summer! Be warned though peeps, it's a hard life havin to hold in a characters bitz and pieces:p

so, we all heard there's to be a BIG STUNT yeah? well, it will envolve a helicopter, the burning down of a key building in the village, lives put at great risk and deaths....that will shock the viewers!

There's also to be a BIG storyline when remains of a body are found in the cellar of the Woolpack during some repair work. Builders unearth the past causing Five villagers to panic... Soon it becomes clear as Police begin investigating that some in the village no too much, others want to run away to avoid further questions, and a face from the past returns to help cover things up.... It's been hinted that the shows Older characters will play a big part in this storyline and with much speculation that Zoe Tate will return for this storyline (breifley) mucho excitment is heading the show's way.

There's also to be a few new, fresh characters which continue the show's past & present theme this year...one being Joseph Tate, who is now nown as Joe. He rides into town on a motorcycle and looks set to romance half the shows younger cast in his 1st few episodes as a secret about why he is back looks set to intrigue Betty and Paddy. Joe will make freinds, but will make more enemies when he takes on The Sharma's by buying them out of the land the factory & their home is built on! Joe tates a main player in the making and will break hearts. News hit us very recently too that there's a brand new family on the horison too....The Shuttleworths are to arrive in style when their eldest son, Dean gets a job at the Woolpack. Dean's Grandad was Earnie Shuttleworth who used to own the rival pub The Malt Shovel, and it seem's Diane's heartstrings will be pulled as Dean's Dad used to fancy Diane, The shuttleworth family will consist of Dean, his Dad, Harry, sister Amber, and brother Rick who is in a wheelchair due to an accident. The shuttleworths will be a close family and it's been hinted they may replace The Bartons at Butlers....also due to arrive is Morag, Moira Barton's Mum...and a real battleaxe who will give Betty and Edna a run for their money.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I can't talk for laughing :D
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't take this serious, especially with your name and the fact you have just joined. Plus the fact that half the time people make up this sort of crap, they always use the excuse of having 'inside info' and always appear to have just joined. Get a grip! Use that excuse all you want, but its the easiest one to use. You have no sources, therefore you say you got inside info to cover it up. Btw who the hell are the Shuttleworths? How the hell would you have almost exact detail of this so called new family and how they will interact at this stage and all the other storylines. Its absolute bullsh*t. You wasted your time joining up and writing several paragraphs to make up something which is not true!:eek::rolleyes:

P.S Your so called inside info is like the remake of Brookside, with helicopter crashes, dead bodies being unearthed etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, well IF I had "I work for Emmerdale" as a username It may just give it away a bit do you not think??

and the spelling glitches ect are all part of making it look like a normal post on here, not insider Information which you lot are not really supposed to no just yet!!

Instead of been bitchy, why not say Thank You as I didn't have to post all the info....but chose to as i think we (Emmerdale) have the best Summer action coming up of all the soaps.

If thats the case and how you see it, then why you telling us this and tell us its inside info?:rolleyes: You have given it away anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The characters may or may not have appeared on screen , that is the magic of Emmerdale,... The likes of The Dingles, Edna & Betty lived in the Village many years before we first met them on screen. This story will envolve the Shuttleworths, Joe, Diane, Betty, Edna, Laurel, Alan, Charity, Sam Dingle and a face from the shows past...

What on earth are you talking about?:rolleyes: Anyone who pays attention or has watched emmerdale for years will know these characters/families arrived in the 90s and early 00s.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the 40th is a big year for our show and in the coming weeks a few big interviews will be on the main Emmerdale website and in the soap magazines for you all too read!

God this just gets better, your now part of the emmerdale team:rolleyes:
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey. i work at ED, i make up the prices in the cafe.

and E.T is set to make a emmerdale Debut in time for the 40th - its a top secret signing!
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »

Uhhh, no I would not, love. :rolleyes:
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG - this thread is so funny, not because of what the OP said, but the whole over-reaction to what he wrote. People seriously emailed Emmerdale over this? and want Nick Miles' opinion on this thread? Even the stuff about ED history, the way posters are calling the OP a liar when others have come in and given those bits credibility.
    It's like watching a lynch mob of know it alls. :D
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only "Aron's pants" s/l were true, it would be so much better than the dross the current writers/producers foist on us.

Will Debbie, Andy, Marlon, Laurel and each and every bl**dy teenager in the village be in or under the helicopter when it crashes?

Oh be still my heart, one can only dream of getting rid of so many duff characters in one fell swoop.

But truthfully, I think "Aron's pants" whole scenario is just that - PANTS.:mad:
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hellingly wrote: »
    Really? Does she know that I am in love with her? That would be sooo cool if she knew! :D

I'm in love with her too :o

But then, I'm easy...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG - this thread is so funny, not because of what the OP said, but the whole over-reaction to what he wrote. People seriously emailed Emmerdale over this? and want Nick Miles' opinion on this thread? Even the stuff about ED history, the way posters are calling the OP a liar when others have come in and given those bits credibility.
    It's like watching a lynch mob of know it alls. :D
    I think they just said they did, I don't think anyone would be silly enough to actually do that.
    Wholly agree with your post though. :)
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the schools IT room is open at lunchtimes.
  • Lindsey TLindsey T Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    What an absolute pudding you are !!
    Given me a giggle though, reading your claptrap......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    SandyG4u wrote: »
    I for one thank you for the information. I'm not old enough to have watched Brookside so it's irrelevant if the stories are similar.

Your just speaking for 1 person.

Millions of Emmerdale viewers have watched Brookside or the Brookside Helicopter Crash. So for a lot of viewers it's not irrelevant.

However I doubt Emmerdale will feature a seige and Helicopter Crash, that would be simular.

Like I said before The Festival rumours with a stage collapse sounds more exciting and realistic.

That's why I said I for one. Just think it's horrible that somebody sets up a forum and everybody gets so nasty. (Not you).

I like the stage storyline. I hadn't heard that. So thank you also.