The Daily Pwice

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Just reading an article in the Guardian about Katie which someone linked to in the Politics Forum.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/sep/28/katie-price-harvey-son-disability

The following quotes from the article are so telling... Feel really sorry for her sometimes and also have so much admiration for the stuff she puts up with almost on a daily basis.:(
    "When he was first diagnosed as blind, there was a story saying it was my fault. Probably because I was out partying and stuff. People can go out and party. If they actually look at the pictures, I was driving. But they never printed those pictures, so people blamed me. I knew it wasn't true. But unfortunately people believe what they read."
    Danny says that much of his sister's breezy resilience is a front she's developed after years of public hostility. "The tabloids in particular have been quite aggressive, so she never shows emotion, never lets it get to her. So when she became a mother, that was kind of inbred. She was so used to having the barriers up to the outside world and that mirrored into her personal life in relation to Harvey's medical issues," he says.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    you could say mysteriously stirring ;)
    :sleep:
    Oh dear. The old tired & haggard conspiracy theory that tries to drag someone TOTALLY uninvolved into the debate on how KP behaved during her pregnancy with H.
    Yes,maybe Mr Mysterious telepathically controlled her before he ever met her & forced her to party hard during pregnancy.
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    We seem to be at cross purposes here. There are two separate conversations going on: one is to do with Harvey's condition and its nature, the other is to do with why KP is seen by some to possibly have some responsibility for it (because of how she behaved during her pregnancy.)

My position is that while I understand the criticism of that behaviour, and no one can say for sure that it didn't impact upon Harvey, I don't see it as grounds to keep on bashing her over it, as I think it's really cruel.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The following quotes from the article are so telling... Feel really sorry for her sometimes and also have so much admiration for the stuff she puts up with almost on a daily basis.:(

Did you never see The Jordan Years?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But using her son for that abuse is wrong.. Yes she has done plenty of things wrong and gets stick for it.. But when people start using her son to attack her then it's gone to far

I still say she deserves the verbal abuse she gets. She was pictured drunk when she was pregnant that in my opinion is wrong. From what I see she puts her own needs before her kids that is piss poor on so many levels. I am a mum and no one or nothing is more important to me than my daughter.
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    We seem to be at cross purposes here. There are two separate conversations going on: one is to do with Harvey's condition and its nature, the other is to do with why KP is seen by some to possibly have some responsibility for it (because of how she behaved during her pregnancy.)

My position is that while I understand the criticism of that behaviour, and no one can say for sure that it didn't impact upon Harvey, I don't see it as grounds to keep on bashing her over it, as I think it's really cruel.
    The reason it keeps getting brought up is because a few insist that her party lifestyle had nothing whatsoever to do with H's conditions. This is just not true. It has been stated that alcohol/drug use may be a contributing factor. So people trying to alter the facts will be challenged on it. That is just how it goes.
    If she wasn't behaving in an inappropriate manner for a pregnant woman responsible for the life within her back then,then it just wouldn't be an issue at all.It is just that simple.
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with you Johartuk .. She has said many times she is open to critacism but to use her child to do so is wrong..
    The criticism is of HER,KP,Miss Katie Price.
    NOT her child in any shape or form. Therefore legitimate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it could of been a contributing factor her drinking when pregnant. A friend of mine done the same when she was carrying and her little boy has cerebral palsy. its such a shame but no mother pregnant would drink or smoke solely for the risks involved :(.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    The criticism is of HER,KP,Miss Katie Price.
    NOT her child in any shape or form. Therefore legitimate.

Yes the critasicm maybe for her but using her child's disabilities to abuse her is low..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    I believe it could of been a contributing factor her drinking when pregnant. A friend of mine done the same when she was carrying and her little boy has cerebral palsy. its such a shame but no mother pregnant would drink or smoke solely for the risks involved :(.

I believe less than 45% of women stop drinking completely when pregnant ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason it keeps getting brought up is because a few insist that her party lifestyle had nothing whatsoever to do with H's conditions. This is just not true. It has been stated that alcohol/drug use may be a contributing factor. So people trying to alter the facts will be challenged on it. That is just how it goes.
    If she wasn't behaving in an inappropriate manner for a pregnant woman responsible for the life within her back then,then it just wouldn't be an issue at all.It is just that simple.

And there are a few who insist her party lifestyle IS why Harvey has disabilities with no proof what so ever...will be challenged on it
    Forum Member
    And there are a few who insist her party lifestyle IS why Harvey has disabilities with no proof what so ever...will be challenged on it

I'll try asking you yet again Betty.
    Please quote the post where has anyone said "her party lifestyle is WHY H has disabilities".
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I dont know if Katies partying caused Harveys problems but I do think it couldnt possibly have helped.

Drinking and taking drugs in pregnancy is a risk for anyone's child.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Makes a nice change to actually read something directly quoted from this family, I know alot of KP charity work isnt reported in the press, because only her negative image sells, but I didnt know her mum was so committed too :)
    Forum Member
    Yes the critasicm maybe for her but using her child's disabilities to abuse her is low..
    Why is it low? Why should she be given a free pass for behaving like an un-pregnant party-girl while knowingly carrying a fragile tiny baby within her ? It is shocking behaviour,so why can't she be called out on it ? She would be criticised for treating anyone badly,and when it is a helpless baby then that compounds the awfulness of her behaviour. She can't hide behind her child on this.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    The husband is on a stag weekend in Berlin why haven't the paps been over there snapping pics of him? I'm sure he was expecting them

I am surprised she allowed him to go. Alex was kept on a ball and chain.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BiB - Perhaps you could point out where anyone has stated that so emphatically Betty? :confused:

From what I've seen FM's have said Harvey's disabilities could have been caused by her lifestyle, but not that they actually have.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a saying - "If you lie down with dogs, you'll get fleas..." KP chooses to court the media, so I have no sympathy with her whatsoever. If she's that unhappy with her situation, she could do something about it, but she doesn't because she needs the oxygen of publicity.
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Drinking and taking drugs in pregnancy is a risk for anyone's child.
    Precisely fred. That simple.
    Yet apparently KP is supposed to be exempt from that & we mustn't say that about her . Go figure the logic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harvey Price's disabilities are septo-optic dysplasia, which causes blindness and growth hormone deficiency; Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder that means he is likely to eat to excess and is prone to obesity and diabetes; as well as ADHD and autism. .

I do believe that he has recently been diagnosed with more disorders.

http://www.pwsa.co.uk/index.php/what-is-pws

The following is taken from The Prader-Willi Syndrome Association website:

Why does PWS happen?
    If your baby has just received a new diagnosis of PWS you might be feeling upset and confused. Or, if you have an older child, you might have just got the answer to years of not understanding why they seem a little different from their peers. You may be asking, why has my child got PWS?

It is important to know that a diagnosis of PWS is not your fault. Chromosomes come in pairs, and PWS is simply due to the baby failing to receive active paternal genes from a specific section of one chromosome 15. There are three main ways that this can happen.

• If your child has a ‘deletion’ (about 70% of all cases of PWS) it means that part of the chromosome 15 inherited from the child’s father is missing.

• If your child has ‘maternal uniparental disomy (UPD)’ (about 25% of cases) it means they have taken both copies of chromosome 15 from one parent — the mother.

• If you are told that your child has an ‘imprinting defect’ (less than 5% of cases) it means that the ‘PWS genes’ on the father’s chromosome 15 are present but do not work because the imprinting process is faulty. (Further testing and genetic counselling are especially important for families who have a child with an imprinting defect.)

Neither deletion nor UPD types of PWS are hereditary and neither type is likely to reoccur in the family.

My intention is to show that at least ONE of Harvey's disabilities is genetic.

I was told once that PWS is responsible for the break up of more families than any other syndrome, with H other issues to deal with as well, hes turned out to be a real credit to his family :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    I was told once that PWS is responsible for the break up of more families than any other syndrome, with H other issues to deal with as well, hes turned out to be a real credit to his family :)

He's a lovely kid.

And nobody has said otherwise.
    Forum Member
    BiB - Perhaps you could point out where anyone has stated that so emphatically Betty? :confused:

From what I've seen FM's have said Harvey's disabilities could have been caused by her lifestyle, but not that they actually have.
    You won't get an answer to that. I've tried.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You won't get an answer to that. I've tried.:confused:

Baiting isn't allowed on here Jenna ;)
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one on here has said that Harvey's conditions are caused by his mothers behaviour when pregnant. It is possible.

But is it right to say its possible? Absolutely. It could be be a contributing factor. Like it or not. KP fans can choose to ignore it to suit their own agenda but it is what it is.

No one is attacking Harvey. It's being pointed out time and time again the criticism is aimed at his mother. But yet it seems if you dare to criticise "mother of the year " Jordan for behaving like a drunken slapper whilst pregnant, you are scum. I wonder what going on the lash whilst pregnant makes you by that logic? But sadly no doubt to KP fans that was another "mistake" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    No one on here has said that Harvey's conditions are caused by his mothers behaviour when pregnant. It is possible.

But is it right to say its possible? Absolutely. It could be be a contributing factor. Like it or not. KP fans can choose to ignore it to suit their own agenda but it is what it is.

No one is attacking Harvey. It's being pointed out time and time again the criticism is aimed at his mother. But yet it seems if you dare to criticise "mother of the year " Jordan for behaving like a drunken slapper whilst pregnant, you are scum. I wonder what going on the lash whilst pregnant makes you by that logic? But sadly no doubt to KP fans that was another "mistake" :rolleyes:

Indeed. :)

Oh well, as my granny used to say there's none so blind as those who won't see.;)
This discussion has been closed.