Options

The Returned (Les Revenants) heading to Channel 4 - spoilers in tags (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    will "THE RETURNED" be available in a box set dubbed in english please?..does anybody know?..
    i am really enjoying this series so far..but would love to have a box set to keep
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yingguoren wrote: »
    I guess Julie's love life rules out her being pregnant at the time of her attack.

Did she survive it? She has the scars from her injuries, which the other returnees don't seem to have.
    The police think she did. I think so too; when they come back, it's after a few years. It's been established for a while now that Julie was the only survivor of the serial killer. In this episode, it's why the police woman was sent to question her about the new killing; to see if she had remembered anything more about her own attempted murder.
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    What was the fly ridden creature in the kitchen bin at Lena's house? It looked quite big - was it a rat or a cat?
    My first thought was a rabbit, but I don't know how it would have been caught, and it did seem to be rather a cat-themed episode.

If it's Camille who killed it, then it's arguably a good sign that she's redirecting her viciousness towards animals. The others have attacked humans.
    olivej wrote: »
    have to say, I am finding Adeles policeman fiance a tad creepy - watching her on the towns CCTV - what the hell is that all about - Creepy McCreepy :eek::eek:
    He was trying to locate Simon, who is a suspect in the subway murder case and shouldn't have been allowed to leave the police station. Simon has no address, but the police knew he was interested in Adele, so they monitored her. Sure enough, Simon turned up (I think in a recording; too late to do anything about it), so they continued monitoring her to see if he turned up again.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    The police think she did. I think so too; when they come back, it's after a few years. It's been established for a while now that Julie was the only survivor of the serial killer. In this episode, it's why the police woman was sent to question her about the new killing; to see if she had remembered anything more about her own attempted murder.

My first thought was a rabbit, but I don't know how it would have been caught, and it did seem to be rather a cat-themed episode.

If it's Camille who killed it, then it's arguably a good sign that she's redirecting her viciousness towards animals. The others have attacked humans.

He was trying to locate Simon, who is a suspect in the subway murder case and shouldn't have been allowed to leave the police station. Simon has no address, but the police knew he was interested in Adele, so they monitored her. Sure enough, Simon turned up (I think in a recording; too late to do anything about it), so they continued monitoring her to see if he turned up again.

To be honest I don't think he's really a suspect, it was more an excuse from the policeman to keep him at the station and away from Adele, I think the monitoring was a more private/jealously thing then actually trying to keep tabs on a possible killer.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I don't think he's really a suspect, it was more an excuse from the policeman to keep him at the station and away from Adele, I think the monitoring was a more private/jealously thing then actually trying to keep tabs on a possible killer.

Yes - he knows full well who Simon is. I just hope he doesn't attempt to frame him in a vain attempt to hold onto Adele whose soultmate always has been and always will be ... Simon

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding Pierre (the priest / doctor / whatever) who runs the shelter just creepy as Victor. There's more than a touch of the woodshed to him :eek:
  • Options
    mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    openarms wrote: »
    Butchered rabbit in kitchen bin. Only one home all day is Camille who acts like butter wouldn't melt whilst trying on clothes upstairs.

For the bin to be full of flies would mean that the rabbit (or whatever it was) would have to have been out in the open after it was dead for a fly to lay eggs on the body then the eggs would take a day or two to ripen. Don't they use the bin under the sink?
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I understood Simon has been arrested following the attack on the cafe worker - not the subway murder - or have I got that wrong?

I also only thought it was the fiance who knew Simon was looking for Adele and therefore that was way he was monitering Adele on the CCTV - I still find that creepy tbh, checking up on the girlfriend via CCTV!
  • Options
    mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .. and what's with the cockroach coming up out of the bathroom sink in Camille's house?
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the bin to be full of flies would mean that the rabbit (or whatever it was) would have to have been out in the open after it was dead for a fly to lay eggs on the body then the eggs would take a day or two to ripen. Don't they use the bin under the sink?
    I've a suspicion the director liked the idea of the flies and wasn't too bothered about the science.

Re the cockroach... perhaps Camille ordered a takeaway... :D
  • Options
    SarahBearSarahBear Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    When the creepy music comes on i.e. when Victor walked into the nosey neighbours apartment, our dog freaks out...he really does not like it. Every episode now has had the same reaction from him
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just over 1.1 million(+1 Included) watched the 3rd episode, not sure if that's good or not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    just over 1.1 million(+1 Included) watched the 3rd episode, not sure if that's good or not

I think those are excellent figures for a foreign language series shown on a Sunday evening on C4. Judged by the ads shown it looks like its pulling in a high value demographic, too, so I suspect C4 is more than pleased.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I understood Simon has been arrested following the attack on the cafe worker - not the subway murder - or have I got that wrong?
    That is right, and it's why the one policeman thought it was OK to let him go; but the other gave the subway murder as a reason to keep him. Apparently on the basis that Simon is weird, being identified as someone with no identity (other than as someone already known to be dead, which they consider impossible, so he must be lying about it), and having no past or known address.
    I also only thought it was the fiance who knew Simon was looking for Adele and therefore that was way he was monitering Adele on the CCTV
    Simon asked the priest about her, and the priest mentioned that to the police. So you could interpret it either way, but I see no reason to think he was monitoring Adele before Simon turned up.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »

I would say that's terrific for a French language drama in the heart of primetime. I'm delighted C4 bought this - it's fantastic television.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I thought Simon's reaction to seeing the cross above the door in the Hostel was interesting.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. and what's with the cockroach coming up out of the bathroom sink in Camille's house?

It's probably doing the same thing as the murky water rising in the sink and toilets in other places. I suspect we'll see more creepy crawlers coming up peoples sinks....:eek: (or not)
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding Pierre (the priest / doctor / whatever) who runs the shelter just creepy as Victor. There's more than a touch of the woodshed to him :eek:

Yep. He's creepy alright.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon asked the priest about her, and the priest mentioned that to the police. So you could interpret it either way, but I see no reason to think he was monitoring Adele before Simon turned up.

Looked like Thomas was watching video feed from a house at one stage. I assumed he had installed cameras in his own house - even the daughter's bedroom(which seems ten times creepier than Victor and Dr Pierre added together?).

Either he has been monitoring his house for a while, or has recently installed the surveillance because Simon has turned up. I suppose Thomas could have done it off camera at some point since he found out Simon is really Simon.

Has Camille put the hex on Lena? Little sis saw the scar on Lena's back and seemed surprised? So it's not an old injury. It's happened since Camille died. Camille touched Lena who recoiled. Now the scar seems to be growing.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe the cockroach was creeped out and decided to do a runner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerome reminds me of the scouse burglar on Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - the one with the expensive hairdo. The way both their hair is ''parted'' down the centre.:D:D
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this programme, I could never be bothered with anything with subtitles before this, but hardly even think about them now, I'm hooked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the cockroach was creeped out and decided to do a runner?

It saw Jerome and Claire French kissing and decided splashing around in the poo was preferable.

Will the dead rabbit in the bin regenerate and jump out - scaring Claire(and us) in the process.:eek:
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    It saw Jerome and Claire French kissing and decided splashing around in the poo was preferable.

Will the dead rabbit in the bin regenerate and jump out - scaring Claire(and us) in the process.:eek:

I'm barely passed the shock of hoody killer suddenly appearing last night, that would have my last nerve shredded :eek::o
  • Options
    RodneyKRodneyK Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote:
    I think those are excellent figures for a foreign language series shown on a Sunday evening on C4. Judged by the ads shown it looks like its pulling in a high value demographic, too, so I suspect C4 is more than pleased.
    Wikipedia suggests the average French audience for the show was 1.4m so for our audience figures to be just behind theirs is, as our French cousins say, 'incroyable'. ;)
  • Options
    Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After being gripped by the first episode enough to watch the second ... now if anything the plot seems to be slowing down.

I enjoyed the shovel smacking last episode, but there wasn't much in this latest episode for me.

Anyone else feel it too slow?