Dragon's Den

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Breadstix wrote: »
    Yeah but the skinny latte/skinny cappuccino is a high street main stay now. I think the literal meaning has been lost.

Good point!
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    A confident post from the plucky forum member...

...but has Rhumble got used to the commentary by now? Hassaan13 wants to know.

:p
    Boo Hoo :cry: Sob :cry: Whimper :cry: Blub :(:cry:

(do I get the 60 grand?)
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo :(
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame about Hillary leaving before she was pushed. I liked her and also liked Theo. Don't like the new guy. He sounds all full of hot air and no substance and why on Earth have they brought back that grumpy old mare Deborah? She hardly ever invests and never bothers to give anyone a fair hearing before dismissing them. She's very unlikable just like that ignorant rude Duncan. The guy is currently £122m in debt. How is he a person you'd want investing in your business? If he goes under he'll take your business down with him.

From what I see there's only 2 dragons worth investing with now. I don't get the lift thing either. It adds nothing to the show.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the new Dragons, they offer a fresh perspective to the den and atleast they're both better then Hilary. I do miss Theo, however.

A really good episode last night and a nice reintroduction to the series. The episode had it all, laughs, tears, great business ideas, completely wacky business ideas and a nice twist in them investing in a person rather than the business.
  • lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Shame about Hillary leaving before she was pushed. I liked her and also liked Theo. Don't like the new guy. He sounds all full of hot air and no substance and why on Earth have they brought back that grumpy old mare Deborah? She hardly ever invests and never bothers to give anyone a fair hearing before dismissing them. She's very unlikable just like that ignorant rude Duncan. The guy is currently £122m in debt. How is he a person you'd want investing in your business? If he goes under he'll take your business down with him.
    Even including the debt, Duncan is still worth £110m, which is more than any of the other dragons other than Peter. Up till two years ago, he was the worth the most of any of the dragons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Good start to the 100th series.;)

And the Rookies were OK....even teaming up.

Liked the Lift too....and the long hot water bottle.:cool:

Oh yes.. I'll have 3 please after all they're only 200 quid a pop...
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

I'm sure Oprah Winfrey would buy one to go with her $35,000 handbags.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ordinary waterbottle - under £10
    Electric blanket - about £50

So £200 for a stretched waterbottle? Madness:D

I'm sure the producers put people like him on just for the LOLs - must tick the Dragons off after a while though.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Well done 'Dragon's Den" just when we thought you couldn't add any more filler to the programme you go and introduce "shots" of a bloody lift!! When will TV producers understand we want to see the pitches, we're not interested in the presenter, not even sure why he's there at all, and we're not interested in seeing people walk up stairs or go into false lifts.
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the new Dragons, they offer a fresh perspective to the den and atleast they're both better then Hilary. I do miss Theo, however.

A really good episode last night and a nice reintroduction to the series. The episode had it all, laughs, tears, great business ideas, completely wacky business ideas and a nice twist in them investing in a person rather than the business.

Couldn't agree more.

Never thought I would be reduced to tears watching Dragons Den:eek: Do hope the young man is successful in his business and family affairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    fleet wrote: »
    He got confuse over wether his noodles were gluten free or not.

He also got confused about what was in them and apparenty his list of ingredients on the pack was wrong, something wrong with that. If he "invented" the stuff, he should know EXACTLY what is in them since he would at least initially be making them himself.

Something didn't ring true about it.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delly wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.

Never thought I would be reduced to tears watching Dragons Den:eek: Do hope the young man is successful in his business and family affairs.

Nice to know I wasn't the only one who cried! I hope him and his wife manage to have a child together. I think he was a lovely man and would be a great father, and with the right help a brilliant businessman! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Ordinary waterbottle - under £10
    Electric blanket - about £50

So £200 for a stretched waterbottle? Madness:D

I'm sure the producers put people like him on just for the LOLs - must tick the Dragons off after a while though.

Thing is, I really liked the concept of a stretched water bottle... I reckon for the right price... ie about a tenner... they'd sell well.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Well done 'Dragon's Den" just when we thought you couldn't add any more filler to the programme you go and introduce "shots" of a bloody lift!! When will TV producers understand we want to see the pitches, we're not interested in the presenter, not even sure why he's there at all, and we're not interested in seeing people walk up stairs or go into false lifts.

Yes!!! Extremely bloody annoying :mad:

Bring back the "Stairs of Defeat and Humiliation" :D
  • pwuzpwuz Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RMorgan wrote: »
    He also got confused about what was in them and apparenty his list of ingredients on the pack was wrong, something wrong with that. If he "invented" the stuff, he should know EXACTLY what is in them since he would at least initially be making them himself.

Something didn't ring true about it.

His website and Holland & Barrett don't even list the ingredients. These kind of noodles have been around for ages, had some in California a decade ago and Holland and Barrett were up until a few months ago selling a similar product but discontinued it and got this guys stuff in.

The noodles are simply a cheap filler that costs the consumer a lot and provide no nutrition and a so so texture.

What a waste of money.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Nice to know I wasn't the only one who cried! I hope him and his wife manage to have a child together. I think he was a lovely man and would be a great father, and with the right help a brilliant businessman! :D

I hope Peter's investment would have helped him. I hope he didn't invest in him out of sympathy, as I think that with a bit of work, he would be very good. It was just the nerves, and lack of preparation that almost ruined it for him.
  • pwuzpwuz Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I hope Peter's investment would have helped him. I hope he didn't invest in him out of sympathy, as I think that with a bit of work, he would be very good. It was just the nerves, and lack of preparation that almost ruined it for him.
    He didn't even know what was in the product he claimed to invent! I don't care for personal details its about the business its turning more and more into xfactor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I actually was astonished at Peter Jones, just after the guy had explained his reasons for breaking down, Peter dismissed his idea and actually said "To me its just Baby Food" bearing in mind what the guy had been through and just mentioned I thought on the scale of being insensitive that went off the charts, he then proceeded to invest in him, and by the look on his face i think it dawned on him what he had just said. Quite unbelievable.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aslong as they don't go pop until after they've cooled down :p
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Nope,,,its still gets on my nerves,,,,i hate the way he tells us what the dragons are thinking, just before we see it

Well said, rhubarb. I hate it too. From his phraseology, we know before they speak whether it's a yes or a no.

Eg 'It looks like 'x' has made his mind up too', (just after another dragon has said no chance.

Or even,

'y' does not look happy either'. :rolleyes:

Ruins it for me tbh. I don't want to know what they're going to say before they say it. STHU Evan. :mad:
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    dekkard wrote: »
    I actually was astonished at Peter Jones, just after the guy had explained his reasons for breaking down, Peter dismissed his idea and actually said "To me its just Baby Food" bearing in mind what the guy had been through and just mentioned I thought on the scale of being insensitive that went off the charts, he then proceeded to invest in him, and by the look on his face i think it dawned on him what he had just said. Quite unbelievable.

Peter Jones is interested in the the Name and only the name. The guy was a fool giving away 50% of his business, he now has no control over his business, he should of said 49% to Peter. I will be very surprised if in a year or so Peter just buys him out, it was a very cheap way to get a "new business name"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Peter Jones is interested in the the Name and only the name. The guy was a fool giving away 50% of his business, he now has no control over his business, he should of said 49% to Peter. I will be very surprised if in a year or so Peter just buys him out, it was a very cheap way to get a "new business name"

I agree. To be honest I felt that the Dragons took advantage of him with those offers. They knew he would not attempt to negotiate given the fact he was so emotional and nervous. With so many offers on the table he had leverage to negotiate a better deal.

I don´t quite get the product. I mean, I get the idea behind it, low-carb diets don´t allow you to eat pasta, and that´s annoying. But pasta is made out of flour and eggs, his product is made out flour and rice, which is also complex carbohydrates. I don´t get it, unless I missed something.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekkard wrote: »

The pitch will have been edited massively - Peter's comment could have been half an hour later or even before the miscarriage reveal. I doubt Peter Jones would invest £60k just to make himself look better after a faux-pas.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Dission wrote: »
    I agree. To be honest I felt that the Dragons took advantage of him with those offers. They knew he would not attempt to negotiate given the fact he was so emotional and nervous. With so many offers on the table he had leverage to negotiate a better deal.

I don´t quite get the product. I mean, I get the idea behind it, low-carb diets don´t allow you to eat pasta, and that´s annoying. But pasta is made out of flour and eggs, his product is made out flour and rice, which is also complex carbohydrates. I don´t get it, unless I missed something.

Just found this thread - hilarious btw, top work folks :D

But the BIB above - Thats what I didn't get either :confused: