Options

Top Boy Season 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Justicar wrote: »
    I never saw the first series. So far I think it's superb. Good direction and overall moody vibe. The acting's natural and convincing. Really glad I caught this one, usually I miss the good stuff.

This applies to the first series, as well: did you notice in the credits
    Original music by Brian Eno

Say no more, my friend. Nothing but first class.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it. It is difficult to understand but no more than a mumbly American film.
  • Options
    HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an amazing finale! Poor Michael. :(
  • Options
    steviexsteviex Posts: 132,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the next series.....in another 2 years time? :D
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    What an amazing finale! Poor Michael. :(

not really , he was a grass and it saved Dushane doing something about it .
    but i honestly though they would get little jase to shoot him .
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got totally addicted to this by the end, God knows why as it's not my type of programme at all. May have to search for series 1 - does anyone know if its on 4OD?
  • Options
    missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think series 2 was so much better than 1. It was really good, it was much more grittier and the acting better.
  • Options
    missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you for real? Michael was a 12 year old boy,who should have been at school learning and looking forward to his future.

Instead he had been scooped up and used as a mule. I really believe that adults found to be using children like Dushell iwas treating Michael should be treated as a peadophile.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to watch it. Sorry. A poor mans 'The Wire', with none of the intellect and subtleties.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show!
  • Options
    jak frostjak frost Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    missbeenie wrote: »
    Are you for real? Michael was a 12 year old boy,who should have been at school learning and looking forward to his future.

Instead he had been scooped up and used as a mule. I really believe that adults found to be using children like Dushell iwas treating Michael should be treated as a peadophile.

You clearly know nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    Tried to watch it. Sorry. A poor mans 'The Wire', with none of the intellect and subtleties.

Seriously? Anyhow......

I re-watched the whole of the first series (it is on 4oD) to refresh myself before S2

S2 didn't let me down - superb from start to finish. Ashley is brilliant in the lead role.

Well done C4. If we have to wait another 2 years for S3 it will be worth it if it is as compelling as S1&2
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missbeenie wrote: »

firstly it is not Dushell , it is Dushane , how you could go through two series and still not know the main characters name kind of says it all .

and as for treating someone who is not sexually abusing a child as a pedophile is beyond stupid , how about treating shoplifters as murderers or those that steal a car as a rapist ? ? ?

really i despair sometimes .
  • Options
    Johnny 99Johnny 99 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Utterly brilliant, what an ending. Reminded me of This is England in terms of grittiness and realism. 9/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started watching series 1 now on 4OD...
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mrs works at a Dr surgery and one of the 58 yr old senior partners is addicted to this! Her and my Mrs were laughing about it today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    overall great series, but for some supposedly street wise drug dealers to steal back some dope off some eastern european gangsters and not leave any cold bodies on the ground then expect to walk off merrily is a huge oversight, and sets up series three nicely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    dekkard wrote: »
    overall great series, but for some supposedly street wise drug dealers to steal back some dope off some eastern european gangsters and not leave any cold bodies on the ground then expect to walk off merrily is a huge oversight, and sets up series three nicely.

well that kind of stroke me too, but no show is perfect

anyway, I have totally enjoyed this, too bad I never knew about this show until i saw C4 premiering season 2 and since i am not from UK, 4OD services are unavailable to me
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Michael

Psychopath? Or just someone pretending to be one?
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched both series over the last couple of weeks.
    Such a good show. Looking forward to Series 3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    dekkard wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking while they were in the warehouse/leaving the warehouse/"done": ????They think it would be *that* easy???? Surely the writers are not going to let that happen!

I do still wonder how they (Dushane, et al) could all have been in business for so long and still have been so naive about that.

Is series 3 already green-lighted?

Incidental thoughts: Did the Gem character (who was in thrall to the Chinese "boss") remind anyone else of a young, young Pete Townshend? Every time Gem entered the programme I'd hear that opening D chord from the Kids Are Alright!

So brilliant they had Brian Eno make the original music for the programme, and all the other tunage was top drawer, all the way.

...but as much as I enjoy the programme, I honestly did not like the ending of series 2 at all...
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I was thinking while they were in the warehouse/leaving the warehouse/"done": ????They think it would be *that* easy???? Surely the writers are not going to let that happen!

I do still wonder how they (Dushane, et al) could all have been in business for so long and still have been so naive about that.

Is series 3 already green-lighted?

Incidental thoughts: Did the Gem character (who was in thrall to the Chinese "boss") remind anyone else of a young, young Pete Townshend? Every time Gem entered the programme I'd hear that opening D chord from the Kids Are Alright!

So brilliant they had Brian Eno make the original music for the programme, and all the other tunage was top drawer, all the way.

...but as much as I enjoy the programme, I honestly did not like the ending of series 2 at all...

I've just watched it on 4OD and agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched series 1, brilliant just brilliant. So sad they killed Gem's dog.