• maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Hand on heart...

Call me a liar if you like.

But hand on heart I would never.

Ever.

Never ever.

Not in a million years would I have pressed that button today.

I couldn't.

I'd be physically unable.

Not in a million years"

and on and on in a similar vein for another ten minutes probably. :D

:D:D:D:Di heard that utter cringy prat saying that in my head!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    you just know that Steven would have pressed that button in less than a second. He has after all been building his hand muscles up.:D:blush::D

That made me snort :o:blush::D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with posts about Winston showing some spine. I wonder if Marlon will walk? It's surely going to be grim for him...
  • SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    maureens wrote: »
    :D:D:D:Di heard that utter cringy prat saying that in my head!

I think I was a bit too brief. :D It's hard to bang on and on and on. ;)
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Lorn23 wrote: »
    I have to say I haven't really been a big fan of Winston in this series but I agree with him here. He had a right to be angry with Marlon, the guy didn't even take a second to consider anyone but himself. Marlon tries to weasel his way out of his selfishness by pretending he pressed the button for the benefit of Ash and Winston so they'd get to keep their pal around for another week. It had nothing to do with anything but Marlon saving his own skin at the expense of everyone else. He should just own up to that fact instead of pretending otherwise.

100% agree. Marlon is a spineless waste of space. Winston this last few days is showing he can stand up and be a man when he needs to. I'm liking Winston more now.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,053
    Forum Member
    Winston has taken a long, hard look at the cool gang since the twitter board suggested he should distance himself from the boy band - hence his stance when Helen was in full rant against Ashleigh. He's not stupid!

NB Sure enough, Winston has just compared his irritation with Marlon as the beginning of the end - like the break-up of Westlife!
  • ccosmicloveccosmiclove Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    100% agree. Marlon is a spineless waste of space. Winston this last few days is showing he can stand up and be a man when he needs to. I'm liking Winston more now.

My thoughts exactly!
    He's really went up in my estimations :D

If my friend did that like Marlon (without discussing) I would've been so angry at them.
    Not just for being arrogant but losing the budget which affects the whole house.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with posts about Winston showing some spine. I wonder if Marlon will walk? It's surely going to be grim for him...

Winston is only trying to look good to the public, last time he was up he didnt get as many cheers so hes trying to make himself look good. To me he looks a creep doing what he is doing.He wont like it when he sees Ashleigh bitching about him though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I feel a bit sorry for Marlon now but I am so glad he did it. The house needs to be reminded that it is a game once in a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    "Hand on heart...

Call me a liar if you like.

But hand on heart I would never.

Ever.

Never ever.

Not in a million years would I have pressed that button today.

I couldn't.

I'd be physically unable.

Not in a million years"

and on and on in a similar vein for another ten minutes probably. :D

That is hilarious, and uncannily accurate. You have Steven's speech patterns identified perfectly. He spends a long time saying very little, and yet I can't help but find him unintentionally comic (when he's not actively horrifying me with his behaviour towards Kim). I sometimes envy people for their complete lack of self-awareness. It almost seems like a blessing.
  • CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armageddon will no doubt end up giving Marlon a new lease of life in the house
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    When you are built and like to train, a basic budget is going to hurt.

I honestly think thats the only real reason winston was pissed.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    fisch wrote: »
    .Marlon really thought his crew were gonna celebrate with him that he was safe. Badly overestimated what his popularity is methinks.

I think so too. He was totally shocked at their reaction. No wonder he's gone to bed!
  • clandestinyclandestiny Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LFCxBIF wrote: »
    Nobody can act 24/7..

Brian Belo did. And so did Josie. And that bloke did too, and that girl that won, she acted all the way through. Then there was that other guy, he acted all the way to the final. Pete did too. who was the fellow who got with the female wrestlers sister? he kept his act up as well.
    You can't win BB without being a good actor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Winston tells Marlon just what he thinks of his behaviour in today's shopping task.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbXG3qbPteE

"friendship" the sooner they realise there are no friends in there the better. Its a shitty gameshow:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunkydory wrote: »
    imo he was really upset with marlon

Why should he be ? Apparently he would have been happy enough if Ashleigh had pressed the button !
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    sheils1 wrote: »
    Winston is only trying to look good to the public, last time he was up he didnt get as many cheers so hes trying to make himself look good. To me he looks a creep doing what he is doing.He wont like it when he sees Ashleigh bitching about him though.

Exactly. He's doing what would look good to the public, him and Mark seem to have the same game plan.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winston reminds me of English football commentators outraged at a Chilean striker's blatant dive :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no sympathy for Marlon.

he should of played the game better, it was only for one week , he should of looked at the bigger picture. He clearly didn't understand the group when they talked about saving yourself. If he wanted to get to the final then he shouldn't of pressed as to affect a whole household is not the right way to go about it.

He has been told about his actions loads of times and been told think before you do. Its clear Marlon doesn't listen to advice, grow from it and adapt. He continuous this self destruction path.

He was boring before this, sleep, sleep and more sleep, now another week when this has died down, mmm more sleep. Yawn.