Options

When should i call EE to move to a SIM Only plan?

QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Currently on a 24 Month contract, but decided to just buy the iPhone 6 outright this time so i want to move to SIM Only so there is no phone subsidy included in my plan.

Next upgrade date: 17 Dec 2014
Contract renewal date: 31 Jan 2015

Not quite sure when the best time to phone EE is so that on the 1st Feb i am paying for SIM Only. Would it be once I've hit that upgrade date of the 17th or 30 days before the 31st Jan so 31st Dec?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    If you speak to them they will tell you, i suspect it will be 30 days prior to the expiry, thats a generic period of time.
  • Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Upgrades are slightly different, a friend recently changed from an out of contract t mobile contract to a sim only ee the next day and received a refund for the unused days on the t-mobile contract - I am not sure the 30 day applies to upgrades.
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corf wrote: »
    Upgrades are slightly different, a friend recently changed from an out of contract t mobile contract to a sim only ee the next day and received a refund for the unused days on the t-mobile contract - I am not sure the 30 day applies to upgrades.

I think that's right, and 'upgrades' seem to refer to any change.

I had a T Mobile 'Full Monty' 24 month contract, that was due to expire on Aug 1st. I phoned on July 1st to give notice I wanted to convert it to SIM only from that (Aug 1)
    date, and they did it there and then. I received a pro rata refund for the month of July, which amazed me, but hey !
  • Options
    Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually if you're within 3 months (ish) of the contract expiry date they'll just upgrade you there and then, at least that's what they did with my old T-mobile contract.