Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;-) ;-)
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking through the trophy list on my PS4, 38% have finished the game on the easiest setting or above, so I take that to mean, only 38% of people that have played this on the PS4 have actually completed it!!!! That in my opinion is a crime, the other 62% don't deserve a PS4.
    I haven't completed it yet on PS4 (completed it on PS3 last year) due to a large backlog across multiple PS platforms. I've just bought Destiny, was getting into Metro 2033 Redux, I'm still on Chapter 2 of Watch_Dogs (I got that at launch) and I'm making my way through Wolfenstein... and that's when I'm not playing BF4 or playing something on the PS3.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many games on the go Conroy lol
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guilty of not finishing it yet as well. I was determined to get through it before Destiny, but kids, work and mad-bitch ex wife get in the way.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Finally after over a month I completed last of us on normal last night. God it's a tough old game! Started to attempt it on hard.............wish me luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started a replay of this last night on survivor, and jeez ammo is rarer then rocking horse pooh.

Watching a guy on Twitch playing on Grounded, he was worse than me :D ok I'm not playing on the hardest setting, but he just kept doing the same thing and kept dying, I at least try and learn from my mistakes !
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to buying this on Wednesday & so far I am loving it :cool:

I can definitely see why it gets the praise it does & why many think its a 10/10 game, Absolutely amazing game!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend starting the game on Survivor, even though ammo and supplies are scarce, the game takes a let me hold your hand through this tough bit attitude, by kindly popping a med-kit into your supplies, or Elle will hand you ammo when you run out, its not what I expected from survivor mode, now that i know this its taken the edge off the difficulty level of the game. Would have much prefered more findable ammo/health and less forgiving enemies or take away the shiv on the harder levels.
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed this on PS3 so was happy to start this over the weekend on PS4 and thought I'd try it on Grounded setting..

I usually try things on the hardest setting to get the most game time out of a single player mode, but I may have to re-assess that choice with this.....
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    After getting this as part of a bundle and finally getting to see what the fuss was about, I've completed the main game and Left Behind and I can safely say it does live up to the hype! Especially for someone that isn't keen on the whole survival horror thing usually. For saying the world had gone to sh*t it didn't half look stunning on the PS4. :D

Those damn clickers man! :eek: Alone they weren't so bad, it's when their runner mates joined the fun and you're trying to fight one of them off when a clicker is virtually in grabbing distance! Yeah there was the stealth approach, but I always get seen in the end and for my own peace of mind that nothing was going to be lurking from behind, it was easier to just clear every area. Although that idea went out the window with 'that' basement area, thankfully I knew what to expect and to get the key card, so I just grabbed that, memorised the route, started the generator and pegged it out of there! :D

I expected that would be the ending it was after all they'd been through and the bond that'd developed in place of Joel's daughter. Left Behind was good too, if a little short. Watching the humans running around like headless chickens trying to fend off the infected and picking off the scraps afterwards was fun! :D
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    After getting this as part of a bundle and finally getting to see what the fuss was about, I've completed the main game and Left Behind and I can safely say it does live up to the hype! Especially for someone that isn't keen on the whole survival horror thing usually. For saying the world had gone to sh*t it didn't half look stunning on the PS4. :D

Those damn clickers man! :eek: Alone they weren't so bad, it's when their runner mates joined the fun and you're trying to fight one of them off when a clicker is virtually in grabbing distance! Yeah there was the stealth approach, but I always get seen in the end and for my own peace of mind that nothing was going to be lurking from behind, it was easier to just clear every area. Although that idea went out the window with 'that' basement area, thankfully I knew what to expect and to get the key card, so I just grabbed that, memorised the route, started the generator and pegged it out of there! :D

I expected that would be the ending it was after all they'd been through and the bond that'd developed in place of Joel's daughter. Left Behind was good too, if a little short. Watching the humans running around like headless chickens trying to fend off the infected and picking off the scraps afterwards was fun! :D

That is 100% the scariest part of the game for me!! Ugh, I hate it :(
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of the best games I've played, I always skip cut scenes, but this game kept me hooked and I couldn't bring myself to skip through any of it.
  • Options
    mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »

I had never played this game before and was previously on Xbox 360, I decided I would switch to Playstation, but then Xbox brought out the Fifa Bundle for £349 (Fifa was the reason I was buying a next gen console, plus a few games next month) anyway, I pre-ordered my Xbox One, however two days before I went to get it I saw Game were doing a Last of Us Remastered and FIFA 15 PS4 Bundle for the same price, I read the reviews of LOUR on Amazon and they were amazing, so I changed my mind and went for that bundle.

I must say I'm glad I did, I have hardly played FIFA and just finished Last of Us Remastered this morning. Without a doubt the best game I have EVER played. Previous favourite was Metal Gear Solid One. LOUR is just fantastic, I loved every minute of the game I played. It took me 20 hours to complete but I went through very slowly and checked every corner for items, somehow I missed some doors and didn't engage in all conversations, will have to check. There were times I had to go to sleep to get up for work but I was so engrossed I did that half an hour more and it's very rare I do that.

What disappointed me slightly was the ending,
    I was hoping to see Ellie and Joel make it to the town and settle down there, didn't like the abrupt ending where he just swore to her and that was it.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had never played this game before and was previously on Xbox 360, I decided I would switch to Playstation, but then Xbox brought out the Fifa Bundle for £349 (Fifa was the reason I was buying a next gen console, plus a few games next month) anyway, I pre-ordered my Xbox One, however two days before I went to get it I saw Game were doing a Last of Us Remastered and FIFA 15 PS4 Bundle for the same price, I read the reviews of LOUR on Amazon and they were amazing, so I changed my mind and went for that bundle.

I must say I'm glad I did, I have hardly played FIFA and just finished Last of Us Remastered this morning. Without a doubt the best game I have EVER played. Previous favourite was Metal Gear Solid One. LOUR is just fantastic, I loved every minute of the game I played. It took me 20 hours to complete but I went through very slowly and checked every corner for items, somehow I missed some doors and didn't engage in all conversations, will have to check. There were times I had to go to sleep to get up for work but I was so engrossed I did that half an hour more and it's very rare I do that.

What disappointed me slightly was the ending,
    I was hoping to see Ellie and Joel make it to the town and settle down there, didn't like the abrupt ending where he just swore to her and that was it.
    Oh I LOVE the ending. It was just the perfect shade of grey for that whole world and I thought it was a very brave step to leave that level of ambiguity lingering.

On another note is there anyone on here playing the MP much? Personally it's my favourite MP on console by some margin, with a perfect balance of skill- based and tactical play - well worth checking out if you haven't done so.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit: nvm. Forgot the PS4 isn't region free also.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if i buy a second hand copy can i still play the multiplayer or does it have a one time use code for the online?
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    if i buy a second hand copy can i still play the multiplayer or does it have a one time use code for the online?

Might be wrong but I don't think multiplayer is locked with keys. It would be the DLC you wouldn't be able to use
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As long as you've got PS+ you'll be able to play online.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    edit: nvm. Forgot the PS4 isn't region free also.

Not sure what the original post was but the PS4 is region free?

At least I play the US version (with uncensored MP gore) on my UK machine with UK PSN.
  • Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, we've just completed this. And yes, it does possess a fairly resonant, reasonably emotive narrative and generally excellent visuals. The latter benefiting significantly from the PS4's silky smooth 60fps and 1080 upscale. But it wasn't up there in the 9's or 10's for us. Expected it be a little more thoughtful, considered, slower paced and less battle happy. But nonetheless certainly worth a visit and deserving of a solid 8/10. It's certainly not a keeper, but we'll have an amble through Left Behind then cash in.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoiler alert
    Spoiler alert

http://youtu.be/B-Mdb_1OWpQ

Frozen take on the last of us.

Do not watch it if you've yet to play.