Options

Doctors discussion thread (Part 4)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,849
Administrator
dan2008 wrote: »
Sometimes :)

This thread is a continuation of: Doctors discussion thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    This thread is a continuation of: Doctors discussion thread (Part 3)
    Yayyyyyyyyy Part 4:)
  • Options
    Special AppearanceSpecial Appearance Posts: 8,013
    Forum Member
    It's very difficult to watch Doctors when you fancy Kevin and the writers start making him pretend to w*nk onscreen. Very awkward :o

I love this show. I've been watching for four episodes and it's already become my favourite soap. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very difficult to watch Doctors when you fancy Kevin and the writers start making him pretend to w*nk onscreen. Very awkward :o

I love this show. I've been watching for four episodes and it's already become my favourite soap. :eek:

:D

I loved Friday's ep, The Meter's Running. But note to 25 yr old set designers: not everything in the 70s (especially the late 70s) was brown & orange !!!
  • Options
    iceblue fiat 50iceblue fiat 50 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    friday's flashback episode was really good, poor rob spending his adult life trying not to be like his dad? ...very realistic and i have more sympathy for him now, than i had before. he tried so hard not to be like his dad, he has turned his own kids into two selfish spoiled brats....and he doesnt really know what hes done wrong does he...

was robs mammy in it last year sometime? can anyone remember that storyline, it just doesnt seem to fit in with what we learned on friday?....anyone remember
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

I loved Friday's ep, The Meter's Running. But note to 25 yr old set designers: not everything in the 70s (especially the late 70s) was brown & orange !!!
    Yes... it even looked a bit 50s into the bargain!
    friday's flashback episode was really good, poor rob spending his adult life trying not to be like his dad? ...very realistic and i have more sympathy for him now, than i had before. he tried so hard not to be like his dad, he has turned his own kids into two selfish spoiled brats....and he doesnt really know what hes done wrong does he...

was robs mammy in it last year sometime? can anyone remember that storyline, it just doesnt seem to fit in with what we learned on friday?....anyone remember
    It was Rob's aunt Agatha - she appeared last November, when the events of Friday's episode were mentioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:eek::eek: Kevin:eek::eek:

Doctors is brilliant:)
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch three episodes last week and the couple I did watch I didn't enjoy. I'll be honest and admit that it was down to Elaine,Kevin and Freya. I did watch one with Freya which wasn't altogether awful and the one with Kevin/Heston which was.

I'm hoping it picks up again for me next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek: Kevin:eek::eek:

Doctors is brilliant:)

What's wrong with Kevin? He's one of my faves :)
  • Options
    Mr_HamiltonMr_Hamilton Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You obviously haven't been watching for long. Kevin's the worst character I've ever seen in 10 years of watching Doctors. And I sat through two years of Nathan the mind-numbingly dull receptionist. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've only watched 6/7 episodes. Is he really disliked then? Why is he the worst character ever?

From first impressions Freya seems worse. She seems like a total stereotype.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I agree, Freya isn't coming across well either. But the actress is great and I can see a lot of potential with her if they just tone down the whole feminist thing, whereas Kevin is poor in every respect, as far as I'm concerned.

He's maybe not the worst character ever. Though I'm struggling to think of anyone I liked less.

It's a pity you missed out on some of the earlier stuff. The original cast were excellent, and there've been some wonderful characters and stories over the years. I still love Doctors, but I feel like it's not at its best right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a pity you missed out on some of the earlier stuff. The original cast were excellent, and there've been some wonderful characters and stories over the years. I still love Doctors, but I feel like it's not at its best right now.

It must have been amazing back then. I'm enjoying it the most out of all the soaps I watch (Neighbours, H&A, EE) and I think its quality is far superior to all of these as well as Corrie the last time I watched that. I'm surprised to read that someone thinks it's not the best right now.

It's got a wonderful ensemble cast who seem to go together so well. Jimmi and Cherry seem the weak links to me ATM. I wish they would keep Lauren on too, but it's blatant she's temporary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must have been amazing back then. I'm enjoying it the most out of all the soaps I watch (Neighbours, H&A, EE) and I think its quality is far superior to all of these as well as Corrie the last time I watched that. I'm surprised to read that someone thinks it's not the best right now.

It's got a wonderful ensemble cast who seem to go together so well. Jimmi and Cherry seem the weak links to me ATM. I wish they would keep Lauren on too, but it's blatant she's temporary.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's the best soap of those that I watch, but I'm not as gripped by any of the current stories as I was by the euthanasia story with Jo and Mac, or when Riverside blew up, or Vivien's rape, or George and Ronnie's marital problems, or Ruth's mental illness. And so on.

I think Jimmi and Cherry were better characters on their own than they are as a couple. And I think Lauren's a good actress, but I'm a bit bored of her Jekyll and Hyde thing already. Plus I really want Mrs T to come back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not familiar with any of those stories or chaacters unfortunately. :(

Which soaps do you watch, just out of interest? It's unbelievable how tight the scripts are. Extremely well-written if you ask me.

Was Archie a good character? I just know that he was supposedly a heartthrob of the series a few years back. I love the Hollins family, are they well-received by viewers? Karen/Imogen's relationship is fascinating. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch Neighbours, EE and Emmerdale. I gave up on Hollyoaks a few months ago too.

Archie was ok, a bit dull, in my opinion. I can't remember any of his stories, so he didn't make much of an impression on me. ;)

I can't speak for all viewers, but I like the Hollins family. Took me a while to warm to them though, and I still find Jack irritating when he's the main focus of a story, but their recent stuff has been good.
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    It's interesting to read comments about Kevin and Freya as I've been a Doctors fan for over 5 years now, don't think I've missed an episode in that time, but at the moment I am really having to force myself to watch.

the Cherry /Jimmi characters seem to have lost the plot slightly too. Personally I hope Cherry leaves as I think the character has run it's course and I've gone from liking her to finding her plain annoying.

wish they'd find a new love interest for Heston or at least mention Lily. At least he is true to himself as is Julia, who still has friends everywhere, and Daniel and Zara.

Still miss George and Ronnie though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    the Cherry /Jimmi characters seem to have lost the plot slightly too. Personally I hope Cherry leaves as I think the character has run it's course and I've gone from liking her to finding her plain annoying.

wish they'd find a new love interest for Heston or at least mention Lily. At least he is true to himself as is Julia, who still has friends everywhere, and Daniel and Zara.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if Jimmi and Cherry decided to leave after their wedding.

I'd like to see something - anything - happen to Heston. He's one of the most watchable characters but he hasn't had much to do since Lily left.

I do love Julia's never-ending stream of friends. If Diane Keen ever quits, I'd like them to kill Julia off and see how many of her 'friends' show up at the funeral. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can I just say Dr. Carmichael is it.

I was shocked to read she's only been in it fo two years, she seems like a long-termer!
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,876
    Forum Member
    Welcome Back Sue, hope you had a good time on your hols, glad your family like Doctors too, that should make it easier to record hey? Bit surprised you let them in on it though as I remember you quite like Doctors not having as big an audience as soaps that are shown in prime time slots.

Welcome to the new posters too, I too think Doctors is the best programme on TV.

RE Fridays episode, while it was interesting, I thought it was completely unecessary with regard to the Rob being peeved with Imogen story.

Rob's dad was a bully, Rob isn't. Rob has got pretty good reasons to be peeved with Imogen and a quick forgiveness would have only make her think that she can carry on doing wrong and that it will never matter as she would only get a slap on the wrists for it. Only time and consistent good deeds and a sincere change in ways can make it better for Imogen if you ask me.

I do think last weeks Doctors was unrealistic a number of times in most of the episodes. That guy was definetely a gold digger in the episode of a rushed marriage to Zara's friend but it ended as if he wasn't! Though the wife to be did say she wasn't going to marry him didn't she so maybe that was the conclusion for now, he would have to prove himself.

I did wonder about the actress in that episode, does anyone think she may of deliberatly put on some weight for the part? I ask as her legs where gorgeous and where not that big really, in any case I thought she was pretty good "material"!

Thursdays episdoe was very funny, loads of laugh out loud moments that only the brilliant Heston can provide us with in Docotors! :D:) I loved the innuendo between him and Kevin on the playing with his ball (not balls! :eek: :D) and give me the ball and you will get it back at the end of the day.

Have to say, Lauren has a very yummy body! Not a bad face too but her face reminds me of her not very nice personality so concentrating on her bod has to take prominance. The bit where Heston finally realised what Lauren though Kevin was doing made me lol as did the first chat between Heston and Kevin on the matter.

Thought it was good writing too when Heston said "hardly a smoking gun". Didn't quite get Lauren's thinking though on the pushing the envelope or whatever the saying was. If she thought he was enjoying "himself", then pushing the envelope sounds like the wrong euphemism! :eek: :D:D:D

p.s. back to the anomalies, Rob pushing out his dad and for him never to re appear was unrealistic too. Would like to see more of Rob's family for sure, including his mum, sister dad and that cousin family again.

That novelist and her mum and their joke (?) had me confused too.

I'm having trouble finding Wednesdays episode on tape, may have to watch it via i player and I don't enjoy i player on my small computer monitor. Would do if it was on the tv though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Welcome to the new posters too, I too think Doctors is the best programme on TV.

Thanks. Can't wait for tomorrow's eppy to save me from writing an essay on the German school system :D
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,876
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Can't wait for tomorrow's eppy to save me from writing an essay on the German school system :D

No probs, bit on school, everything the elders say about the importance of doing well and doing higher education is true! It used to bore me rigid, but kinda finding out the hard way that they where all so right so I'd advise to go for it on all of your subjects. Bit off topic I know but I couldn't ignore that last comment of yours without giving some advice! :)

Felt a bit sorry for Kevin in the preview clip, looks like someones threatning him bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watch Neighbours, EE and Emmerdale. I gave up on Hollyoaks a few months ago too.

Archie was ok, a bit dull, in my opinion. I can't remember any of his stories, so he didn't make much of an impression on me. ;)

I can't speak for all viewers, but I like the Hollins family. Took me a while to warm to them though, and I still find Jack irritating when he's the main focus of a story, but their recent stuff has been good.
    I love the Hollins family.
    I always enjoy their scenes.
    If your an EastEnders viewer you should pop in to the EastEnders episode threads.
    We are a freindly Bunch (most of us)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I didn't watch three episodes last week and the couple I did watch I didn't enjoy. I'll be honest and admit that it was down to Elaine,Kevin and Freya. I did watch one with Freya which wasn't altogether awful and the one with Kevin/Heston which was.

I'm hoping it picks up again for me next week.
    You missed a good one there on Friday
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    You missed a good one there on Friday

It looked that way from the comments on here:D still can't watch her though:o:(

I'm getting worried that the only characters I really enjoy watching now are Heston,Zara,Daniel,Jack and Rob. Don't mind Karen sometimes and Jimmy is fine on his own.Julie of course is part of the furniture and has done lots of good stuff in the past.
This discussion has been closed.