Comments

• Options
    CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vinba wrote: »
    Put...

Tomorrow's headline

"Ghost of Diana to incinerate Britain as punishment for allowing in too many foreigners" report by special correspondent Maddie Tapas

Like it you should get a job there:D
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Dagnammit. That means August is a cold, damp washout then......
    Hope so, I've had enough of the summer this year. Book an Holiday if the Express is wrong.
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and101 wrote: »
    Well we probably did have 100 days of snow last winter, unfortunately it was a bit warm so the snow melted before it could form and came down as rain instead.

They actually said 100 days of HEAVY snow.

They weren't wrong. I'm sure it did snow heavily every day for 100 days in random places across the globe...
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    vinba wrote: »
    Put...

Tomorrow's headline

"Ghost of Diana to incinerate Britain as punishment for allowing in too many foreigners" report by special correspondent Maddie Tapas

It's not called the Daily Exprincess for nothing.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    To be fair to the Express (why?) the Jetstream forecast does suggest that the UK will become increasingly warm from around next Tues / Wed, then by the following Mon / Tues, the Jetstream will be very high (North), (above Scotland) which should drag-in, the very warm weather from the Med.

More sleepless nights!
    :confused:

It's forecast to piss down in Wales on Wednesday.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    not going to happen ...

MET office has already hinted August will be alot cooler
    hunter23 wrote: »

I hope both of these are true!
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it means more women waking around in summer dresses and other skimpy clothing, then I say bring it on.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Anyway, I hope it is nice in August. For the past few months, I've been stuck in the office every day (weekends included), so I haven't really seen any sun this summer. As my project is just about to finish, I might actually get a few days off next month and it would be nice to catch a few rays!
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Anyway, I hope it is nice in August. For the past few months, I've been stuck in the office every day (weekends included), so I haven't really seen any sun this summer. As my project is just about to finish, I might actually get a few days off next month and it would be nice to catch a few rays!
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    They seem to base their 'SHOCK' forecasts on one 'weather service'...

http://vantageweatherservices.co.uk/4.html

"VWS bases its forecasts on data sourced from a variety of outlets, including data from the CFS produced by the NCEP, plus other global weather forecasting models readily available for general consumption. The data is integrated into VWS's own system, (originally the PWS system), to generate forecasts of a daily, short and long term nature.

VWS is owned and run solely by Jonathan Powell."

So... who is this amazing man?!

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/jun/15/daily-express-weather-forecast-jonathan-powell
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mods: If you're going to merge the two threads then would it not have been more prudent to merge this thread with the one that actually has a title that describes the content rather than the other way around?
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    When will they ever learn? I'm trying to calm my aunty down now who's worried about a huge heatwave coming thanks to these idiots. I've reassured her that the express really shouldn't be taken seriously http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/493781/SHOCK-WEATHER-FORECAST-Hottest-August-in-300-YEARS-on-way-as-jet-stream-BOILS-Britain

Hottest weather in 300 years to hit Britain.
    So rain and wind it'll be then?

yes, wind and rain it is.... they based their headline on the jet stream prediction chart which uses bright colours to highlight the wind strength.... they ignorantly mistook these colours for temperature! :D
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, wind and rain it is.... they based their headline on the jet stream prediction chart which uses bright colours to highlight the wind strength.... they ignorantly mistook these colours for temperature! :D

Awws they just like the pretty colours really :D
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,963
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    To be fair to them, I think they're simply saying "It'll be normal August weather" - though in far too many words.:)

I think even the Met Office would admit it's a bit of a guess though.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Mods: If you're going to merge the two threads then would it not have been more prudent to merge this thread with the one that actually has a title that describes the content rather than the other way around?

That makes sense. The one that described the content naturally got more replies too.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    None of what is being discussed matters, the Earth is going to be destroyed at ANY MOMENT.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/494438/End-of-world-alert-solar-flares-destroy-earth-scientists-warn
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Sad news.... Rao tweeted he is leaving the Express and 'going freelance' how will Powell and Madden get their comedy headlines now?!
  • Options
    jazzyjackjazzyjack Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an amazing article! I mean, it's just mad scaremongering done brilliantly, not even the DM is that bonkers!

I love the bit about the great heatwave of 1906 (or was it the GREAT HEATWAVE OF 1906?) - 4 days of 32C IN A ROW!! However did they cope? It's frankly amazing that anyone could survive such Saharan temperatures for FOUR WHOLE DAYS. FOUR!!! That's more than half a WEEK!
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    The Express is awful for these kind of big headline little substance stories.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the Express explained where this heatwave is?
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    It's been autumnal oop north for the past week or so. The wind is howling today. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

It's in Lady Diana's tunnel.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

I think they're too busy with SHOCKING news about how the water in the lake surrounding Diana's island grave "looks quite dark" and (those of a nervous disposition, please stop reading now) there's even MOSS growing on some stonework on the island. :cry:

With such a tragedy playing out in front of our very eyes, how can we possibly worry about being boiled alive by what SHOCKED forecasters now claim could be the hottest August this year?
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm cold. :(