Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    HSBC "what a beautiful skirt". Can't stop thinking about the tax breaks they'll give her when she moved her business to Switzerland.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sketch?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUY4uTeUKQ#t=116
    I always have that voice in my head when I write that phrase :)
    That's the one, always remembered along with with Susie Blake on Victoria Wood doing the birthday bunny-hops (via wally the wallaby), presumably also on yachoob :)
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    Well I can't be doing with that advert for Knorr stock pots featuring a piece of meat that's supposed to be local (70 miles away!) and an extremely smug Marco Pierre White...AGGGH!

The ad where he says 'that's a great piece of meat'.

:o

You have to be kidding!. Is that the standard of meat people eat in England?.
    Dear god, I wouldn't feed that meat to a stray dog!.
    Terrible looking piece of meat.

Maybe being Scottish, I am spoilt as quality meat goes. If that's the standard of English meat, I am sorry for my southern friends here, I truly am.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert for Activia yoghurt.
    Adults saying the word 'Tummy' or 'Tummies' makes me cringe.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    The advert for Activia yoghurt.
    Adults saying the word 'Tummy' or 'Tummies' makes me cringe.

Are they still talking down to males?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Thank god for the invention of pausing live TV. I often record films and FFW the ads. And almost always switch over during Ad breaks they are so long these days I can often watch a good amount of two programs at the same time.
    Although has a price comparison website ever produced an ad that isn't annoying?
    I will not use a company that produces annoying ad's out of principle.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    MiniMort2 wrote: »
    OMG! OMG! OMG! Just f*** off!

I saw that for the first time a couple of days ago, OMG! It's shit :p Just go away! >:(
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    "Teddy is very very not well."

Don't know what it is for but :mad:
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    Well I can't be doing with that advert for Knorr stock pots featuring a piece of meat that's supposed to be local (70 miles away!) and an extremely smug Marco Pierre White...AGGGH!

Or the one where he rubs the stock cube into chicken. Smug overload.
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The car advert where the bloke disguises himself as a car seat and the car looks driverless. I have no idea why but this advert really irritates me.

Anything to do with asking google what something is. Its like people these days don't know how to get out of bed in the morning unless they are permanently connected to the internet. Why not ask google what a rockhopper penguin is? Don't know if your French girlfriend knows what a beef stew is ? Ask google. Go Away!
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member

Maybe being Scottish, I am spoilt as quality meat goes. If that's the standard of English meat, I am sorry for my southern friends here, I truly am.

Just as well, I'd hate to think he's wasting good meat by smearing it with salt-laden crap.
  • Hot Ross BunsHot Ross Buns Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The JD Williams one with them stupid women dancing and Lorraine Kelly doing the VoiceOver.
    Forum Member
    Just as well, I'd hate to think he's wasting good meat by smearing it with salt-laden crap.

If the meat comes from over 70 miles away its not LOCAL is it? Smug git >:(
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    chris1978 wrote: »
    The car advert where the bloke disguises himself as a car seat and the car looks driverless. I have no idea why but this advert really irritates me.

Anything to do with asking google what something is. Its like people these days don't know how to get out of bed in the morning unless they are permanently connected to the internet. Why not ask google what a rockhopper penguin is? Don't know if your French girlfriend knows what a beef stew is ? Ask google. Go Away!

It's ridiculous. And people actually do it. I saw a woman talking into her phone "google, can you tell what time the next bus is?". I mean for f**k sake.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The bank ad where the Chinese girl hairdresser gets to study fashion abroad because the sweet old ladies saved enough money for her. As if that would happen, clearly thought up by an adman who's seen one too many corny, inspirational movies.

Actually any banks ads really -they're patronising and sound insincere.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    The bank ad where the Chinese girl hairdresser gets to study fashion abroad because the sweet old ladies saved enough money for her. As if that would happen, clearly thought up by an adman who's seen one too many corny, inspirational movies.

Why do banks need to advertise anyway. It's not like most of us don't have much choice to use a bank or not.

And which bank we use isn't exactly going to change because of an advert.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous. And people actually do it. I saw a woman talking into her phone "google, can you tell what time the next bus is?". I mean for f**k sake.

Google: What bus do you want to know the time of?

Woman: The Number 42

Google: The number 42 bus from where?

Woman: From this bus stop.

Google: Please turn on GPS.

Woman: How do I do that?

Google: How do you do what?

And end Turing Test.
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's the Google ad with the beef stew debate. That bloke pronouncing the G in bolognese makes me want to punch something 😡
    I forgive that due to the serious cuteness of the 'French' lady.

She's probably from Manchester or something but does French well :D

As for worst advert - I have a challenger.

Caramel Wafers where the litle Scottish girl asks questions including 'Where Do Babies Come From?'

It's not the question, I just find the girl irritating - i'm sure she thinks she's something special.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do banks need to advertise anyway. It's not like most of us don't have much choice to use a bank or not.

And which bank we use isn't exactly going to change because of an advert.

I've noticed in the adverts for Halifax that when someone is visiting the bank one of the bank staff greets you at the door and leads you into the bank for your discussion. I've had a couple of consultations at a bank in the past and not once has one of the tellers, or whoever I've got the appointment with, have been waiting for me at the door when I'm about to enter the bank.
  • sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My latest advert pet hate is that baking for comic relief one, where the blonde woman doesn't get the job as a gnome. The dark haired woman's reaction is irritating enough, but the noises she makes when she holds the cakes up to her eyes makes me want to put my fist through the television!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't get that either two old biddies with pink hair and then they go to a fashion show? It looks like some god forsaken place near the North Pole, I wonder if the girl is Chinese or Innuit [that's P.C. for Eskimo}.
    Forum Member

That one really annoys me, it sounds like they got the idea from a "based on an incredible true story" film or something >:( I mean, its a lovely story but it sounds so false and annoying!
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,417
    Forum Member
    The one for Diet Chef is awful. That man at the end sounds so bitter that nobody gave him a second look before he lost weight.
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spent quite a bit of time in Scotland and you don't all eat the finest angus stakes as if that's the norm.
    unless you're willing to pay cheap beef is what you get just like anywhere else in the world
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And promote themselves as the services they offer go far beyond what they actually do.

They lend money at high interest rates to business start ups and home buyers then when payments start to fall behind don't offer the same level of help and care to their customers that the ad shown them offering to get your business in the first place
This discussion has been closed.