Moira Stuart to leave BBC News

welshkidwelshkid Posts: 2,192
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From BBC Press offfice:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2007/10_october/03/stuart.shtml

Does not say what she will be doing next or if she is to stay working for the BBC.

Can't say I am surprised, but it is sad to see her go. She is someone who I can remember her from the early days, when I was very little welshkid :cry:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I thought this was old news reported some time ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=450400&in_page_id=1770

But its still sad to see her go --miss that accent!
  • welshkidwelshkid Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    relphy wrote: »
    I thought this was old news reported some time ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=450400&in_page_id=1770

But its still sad to see her go --miss that accent!

The press release today though is slightly different. In April she had just been axed from the Sunday AM show, leaving her with no regular BBC News slot. This is announcing that she will no longer be working for BBC News.

As she has always worked for BBC News, will this mean that technically she no longer has a job at the BBC?

Know what you mean about her accent :)

Just noticed this is now Breaking News on the Digital Spy banner (bit slow there DS!)
  • Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    welshkid wrote: »
    The press release today though is slightly different. In April she had just been axed from the Sunday AM show, leaving her with no regular BBC News slot. This is announcing that she will no longer be working for BBC News.

As she has always worked for BBC News, will this mean that technically she no longer has a job at the BBC?

It means that she's no longer BBC staff. Now she's a free agent I'm sure she'll be popping up on another channel pretty soon

Just noticed this is now Breaking News on the Digital Spy banner (bit slow there DS!)

Was surprised to see it as 'Breaking News' too as I read it on Mediaguardian.co.uk at least an hour earlier!
  • maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be surprised if Sky News snapped her up.
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the nicest people you can meet; unusual for TV. :D:D
  • welshkidwelshkid Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It means that she's no longer BBC staff. Now she's a free agent I'm sure she'll be popping up on another channel pretty soon

Thanks for the answer. I am sure that this is not the last we see of her.
    One of the nicest people you can meet; unusual for TV. :D:D

Never met her, but I have always thought that she would be really nice in person...and don't get me started on that laugh of hers :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Shame on the BBC for effectively sacking her. I do miss her. I think she had quite a dirty laugh when on BBC Breakfast - when she actually got the chance of talking to the other presenters. Pity they couldn't have moved her to BBC News 24 to present with Peter Sissons (next one to leave???)

Let's hope that Five or Sky News poach her as one of their main presenters. She been under-used at the BBC in the later years and just used as a stand-in presenter. I'm sure that's what would have happened if Jan Leeming or Angela Rippon had stayed as newsreaders.

Goodbye Moira and good luck for wherever you go...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Moira is a role model and she will be sadly missed, shame on the BBC for letting her go. I would like to see here on either Sky or C4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maccy wrote: »
    It would be a bit of a coup for Sky News if they did, but I think she's too classy for that channel. She'd be great on Channel 4 News.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Pity they couldn't have moved her to BBC News 24 to present with Peter Sissons

I read in the paper today that she left on purpose before she was thrown onto news 24 because it's not her thing. I can't blame her really, reading the same 4/5 stories for a few hours over and over
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    The BBC hates predjudism.
    Except its own ageism.
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maccy wrote: »
    Mickey S wrote: »
    It would be a bit of a coup for Sky News if they did, but I think she's too classy for that channel. She'd be great on Channel 4 News.

Or the News at Ten. ;)