Stippling brush?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
Forum Member
Hi :)
Can anyone recommend a stippling brush that performs well but is relatively inexpensive? I use tinted moisturisers like Clinique moisture surge , I tend to use my hands but would prefer a neater finish. I have a Ruby and Millie foundation brush but I find it hard work to use (I must be doing something wrong) and get a better effect just using my fingers. I had some make up applied at an Urban Decay counter using a stippling brush and like how soft and effective it was. I don't wear make up very often, so I don't want to spend too much on one.

Comments

• modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigma or Real Techniques stippling brushes give the best finishes IMO. Boots stock Real Techniques and they have a youtube channel with demos for all the brushes.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    modeyink wrote: »
    Sigma or Real Techniques stippling brushes give the best finishes IMO. Boots stock Real Techniques and they have a youtube channel with demos for all the brushes.

I have this and its not a patch on my MAC stippling brush, the MAC one is pricey but so worth it. Mines still going strong after 4 + years.

ELF do one but its a bit soft so I use it for blushers instead.
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the Real Techniques Stippling brush (among others of theirs) and I'd definitely recommend it :) Great brush brand!
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    I have this and its not a patch on my MAC stippling brush, the MAC one is pricey but so worth it. Mines still going strong after 4 + years.

ELF do one but its a bit soft so I use it for blushers instead.

I do agree that Mac is better, but it's a high-end brand and the OP asked for inexpensive, and of the drugstore/affordable brands, you can't go wrong with Real Techniques IMO.

ELF is a great affordable alternative for folks on a strict budget. Can't vouch for the stippling brush though as I've not tried it. LOVE loads of their stuff I have to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your replies :)
    The real techniques brush sounds like it might be a good brush to start with.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies :)
    The real techniques brush sounds like it might be a good brush to start with.

It is, I bought a back up I like it so much. I also have the small stippling brush from ELF to apply cream blush. That is good for that.
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this ELF powder brush effective as a stippling brush. It's a great price too! :)http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/brushes/powder-brush/invt/84003