Stalker with Maggie Q (US Pace)

124»

Comments

• Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I was suprised to see that there are still two more episodes left. I assumed last week's was the last, as it was all wrapped up nicely, and I was happy with that being the ending. Now I'm worried it;s going to be left on a cliff hanger, which would be very annoying.
    Really?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

Really what? That I was surprised that there were two episodes left or that there were two episodes left?
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobD1976 wrote: »
    Ep 18 just aired in the UK. Actually wrapped things up nicely.

Can anyone who has watched the last two episodes advise on whether they are worth watching please?

If it starts off a new arc and leaves a cliffhanger which we'll never see followed up, I might leave it where it is and skip the last two.

TIA

It does end on a bit of a cliffhanger, if a bit of a "meh" one.
  • Options
    RobD1976RobD1976 Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Cheers Gogfumble.

Going to leave it at ep 18. Such a good show, a real shame it won't be back.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grr, hate endings like that!

frustrating
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was suprised to see that there are still two more episodes left. I assumed last week's was the last, as it was all wrapped up nicely, and I was happy with that being the ending. Now I'm worried it;s going to be left on a cliff hanger, which would be very annoying.

Having watched them it looks as if they were trying to reboot it, a last desperate attempt maybe when they realised it was in danger of being culled.

Mira Sorvino playing Beth 2.0 (or strictly speaking an earlier version of her) possibly to take over if it was renewed.

I'd strongly recommend not bothering with the last two episodes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really what? That I was surprised that there were two episodes left or that there were two episodes left?

Do you have a link to suggest there's 2 more left?
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stalker didn't finish on a cliffhanger. Shame it got axed because I liked it. Hope Maggie q is in another show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it too, it's a real shame it's done.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it suffered from the initial reviews it got which weren't vary favourable in the US if I remember rightly.

I really enjoyed it too and always enjoy some Maggie Q (for different reasons to you guys I should imagine :D ).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Stalker didn't finish on a cliffhanger.

Oh yes it did
    Do you have a link to suggest there's 2 more left?

Well I dunno how many are left now, but assuming that your conversation started after episode 18 aired then the final episodes are

19 Love Hurts

20 Love Kills
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Oh yes it did

Well I dunno how many are left now, but assuming that your conversation started after episode 18 aired then the final episodes are

19 Love Hurts

20 Love Kills
    They've aired already, this is the US pace thread.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All episodes have aired in the UK as well.

There is a repeat of the final episode on Saturday at 10pm.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Stalker didn't finish on a cliffhanger. Shame it got axed because I liked it. Hope Maggie q is in another show.

I thought it did but each to their own

shame this show was cancelled as I really enjoyed it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the cliffhanger then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the cliffhanger then?
    The outcome between Vicky and her husband, after he got hold of her gun.

I then assume that either the finding her dead or more likely I suspect her being kidnapped, and the eventually hunting down of him to form the plot of S02E01
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The outcome between Vicky and her husband, after he got hold of her gun.

I then assume that either the finding her dead or more likely I suspect her being kidnapped, and the eventually hunting down of him to form the plot of S02E01

I agree - in my opinion, that was a cliffhanger.
    If it hadn't been a cliffhanger, the writers would have had Vicky and her husband get back together, Beth and Jack get together (which they did) and all live happily ever after...
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd strongly recommend not bothering with the last two episodes
    I didn't think they were that bad. They were just more of the same. If you enjoyed the "stalker of the week" format, by all means watch the final two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I didn't think they were that bad. They were just more of the same. If you enjoyed the "stalker of the week" format, by all means watch the final two.

nothing wrong quality wise however they're essentially parts one and two of a three part storyline.

Having the "stalker of the week" on the loose and with one of the cops at gunpoint is not (for me at least) a satisfying end to the story.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I think it suffered from the initial reviews it got which weren't vary favourable in the US if I remember rightly.
    Watched ep1 and it looked like the star of the show was this weirdo stalker guy who'd just joined a stalker-catching team. Even with Maggie Q in the cast, I thought not-for-me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Watched ep1 and it looked like the star of the show was this weirdo stalker guy who'd just joined a stalker-catching team.

This was I think it's key mistake. I think they alienated a huge part of the potential audience with that misdirect - a few people I spoke to it about it didn't stick with the show long enough to find out how innocent it all was
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^darn it :(
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    This was I think it's key mistake. I think they alienated a huge part of the potential audience with that misdirect - a few people I spoke to it about it didn't stick with the show long enough to find out how innocent it all was
    I did wonder about that. But it actually made me watch more to see where they went with it.

(UK pace, btw. But thought I'd pop in here now it's finished.)