Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 65)

Comments

• Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    It must be, as Broadcast app has 5.78m (29.2%) without HD ...

Grimmy is ratings death, I warned ya.... ;-)

Blimey that is below expectation. I was half expecting a 7.1 +1.1 HD +0.8 +1 figure
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    It must be, as Broadcast app has 5.78m (29.2%) without HD ...

Grimmy is ratings death, I warned ya.... ;-)

Why Cowell wanted both Grimy and Rita Ora on the panel is a mystery. Ora was hardly a revelation on The Voice and Grimy is ratings poison. Trying to turn the bland Murs and Flack into Ant and Dec clones was not a wise move either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weather was appalling where? Up north it was sunny and nice. I do agree with the BGT/over produced comparison however.

Pouring down in the south;-)
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Weather was appalling where? Up north it was sunny and nice. I do agree with the BGT/over produced comparison however.

It was overcast down south and didn't really have enough warmth to be outside past 7pm
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not good in London and South. No BBQ's for sure.
  • Options
    Jack_Jones9Jack_Jones9 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Confirmed - including +1: https://twitter.com/ChristPA/status/637909385671540736

Average - 7.645m
    Peak - 8.468m

Worse rated launch show since series 3 launch
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I estimate it got a 38.6% share with +1.

Down 19% in audience on last year. The share was down less (-10%) suggesting there was a Bank Holiday effect in there, but nonetheless that's a very poor start. They pretty much can't afford to lose any viewers from here, but they inevitably will. I do wonder how much longer it will last.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ouch, was expecting around a million more.

Surely that means all shows over this weekend will be very low if X Factor got that.
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Wow that's the start, how will XF finish :P

I think if they actually change some things over the course of the series things may improve - people may have thought there wouldn't be any actual changes bar the judges and presenters, and they were pretty much right. The whole tone was exactly the same as the last few years. Funnily enough I think Grimmy was the best change based on first impressions, but still fairly needless. Cheryl has long outlived her usefulness (she was one of the shining elements during her first run). Even Cowell is lacklustre and phoning it in. The presenters are a real weak point compared to Dermot for me - Olly fine, Caroline comes across as really stilted and unethusiastic to me. When Dermot arrived you could tell he was chomping at the bit about landing the gig and the show wasn't even that big back then. His enthusiasm and likeability stayed pretty much the whole way through. Flack doesn't have any of this for me.

Live judges houses should be at least a bit interesting. I'm sure they have more changes up their sleeves but my worry is how much do they have to work with in terms of presenters and judges, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well everyone wanted XF to be more like BGT...
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    7.6M including plus 1- Serious ouch, there's no way that can be spun into a good rating- That's lower than a majority of The Voice's ratings earlier this year- Didn't get a good reception either, could this be XF'S DOI disaster year where the wheels come off?
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not great for XF but 7 million these days is a good number. Of course the issue is its dropped so much. Hard to see Simon's boast of beating SCD this year coming true.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.. I was expecting 9m +.. There seemed to be loads of hype and promo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    General feedback on social media was not good with many missing Dermot especially.
  • Options
    Jack_Jones9Jack_Jones9 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it go as low as 6.5M do we think?
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

The Olympics, evil BBC schedulers and Strictly come Dancing are clearly to blame:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    General feedback on social media was not good with many missing Dermot especially.

The irony of course would be if he was more shown the door than quit! I wouldn't mind if there were concrete changes, but so far everything I've seen mentioned is purely as little as they can get away with it would seem. Change judges, change presenters, make some things live etc. The way Cowell goes on you'd think it was starting afresh with something mindblowing. Change for changes sake so far. If you can't get anyone better than Dermot or Louis, why replace them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it go as low as 6.5M do we think?

Quite possibly. Last year the Sunday show lost over a million from Saturday in week 1. No way can they afford that to happen tonight, but the BH weekend really won't help.

Last night was a fairly typical rating for last year's live shows, so if they can hold all of last night's audience then they'll be OK. The problem is that they most likely won't.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Wow.. I was expecting 9m +.. There seemed to be loads of hype and promo.

You were all warned that social media means nothing ratings wise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Note: X Factor's contract up for renewal in 2016. This is a make or break year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    The Olympics, evil BBC schedulers and Strictly come Dancing are clearly to blame:p

What have the Olympics got to do with anything? :confused:

Total TV audience was only 19.8m during XF last night. Must be the lowest ever?
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    KIITF and Keyhole both around or a little over 3m exc +1, judging by the exc-HD figures...
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rating doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's all too little too late.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »

Total TV audience was only 19.8m during XF last night. Must be the lowest ever?

How much would it normally be for this time of year?
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Traditionally is the Sunday ep not higher
This discussion has been closed.