Options

God Of War Collection - finally has a release date!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a210040/god-of-war-collection-coming-april-30.html

Okay, I bought it from Canada 2 months ago for less than that, but still good news that it's coming and will be a budget price.

Comments

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news. Should pick up for £20 no problem then. I think I'll go this route before picking up the 3rd (by that time the 3rd should also be cheaper)

great news !!

EDIT: play.com have it for £17.99 pre-order and I've now ordered.
  • Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice find Gilly for tht price, I think i'll have to order that too. My GOW 1&2 don't work on my PS2 anymore :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zavvi are doing the collection at £17.95 and the trilogy at 49.95
  • Options
    nedubisnedubis Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    EDIT: play.com have it for £17.99 pre-order and I've now ordered.

Absolute bargain price - pre-ordered it myself too:D
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    never played god of war before so good that the first two games are coming out over here, i'll get it and see what they are like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nedubis wrote: »
    Absolute bargain price - pre-ordered it myself too:D

remember its now cheaper at Zavvi and the hut, though not by much.
  • Options
    Awshum-YawnAwshum-Yawn Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lunch at McDonalds and got a £2 off £10 spend at Play.... preordered for £15.99
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lunch at McDonalds and got a £2 off £10 spend at Play.... preordered for £15.99

Was this a win scratch card or something or just a general thing??
    wondering as chances are we will be in there this weekend.
  • Options
    Awshum-YawnAwshum-Yawn Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this a win scratch card or something or just a general thing??
    wondering as chances are we will be in there this weekend.

The monopoly game, the little coupons will be attached to your chips, burger and drink cartons. It's a chance thing... you will get as little as £1 up to £100.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/monopoly/prizes.html
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never played a God Of War game until I picked up God Of War Collection about 2 months ago from an eBay shop (Cheap too, only £29.99 and next day delivery). I have to say, it has been an amazing experience. I thought the first game was brilliant and it took me about 13 hours to finish, but the second game is simply mind blowing!!! These games looks stunning and play even better, they are much more than just your average hack-n-slash button bashers, they are something special.

:) Mark
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    remember its now cheaper at Zavvi and the hut, though not by much.

Zavvi are pretty poor on standard deliveries, not sure how they perform with preorders, Play have got all my preorders this generation to me on release day.

Like others in here I have never played GOW so I will be picking up this collection before getting GOW3 and then hoping GOW3 has dropped in price by the time I get around to buying it. It seems crazy that this collection is been released after GOW3 in Europe, we should have had a release near to the US so people could try it out first, GOW3 may even have had great sales then it already has had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Zavvi are pretty poor on standard deliveries, not sure how they perform with preorders, Play have got all my preorders this generation to me on release day.

Like others in here I have never played GOW so I will be picking up this collection before getting GOW3 and then hoping GOW3 has dropped in price by the time I get around to buying it. It seems crazy that this collection is been released after GOW3 in Europe, we should have had a release near to the US so people could try it out first, GOW3 may even have had great sales then it already has had.

Badly! :mad:

Just cause 2 hasn't arrived today.

Off topic but i thought i would warn everyone who was thinking about pre-ordering from Zavvi.
  • Options
    nedubisnedubis Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on this I think I will stick with Play.

My best experience has been with shopto - ordered something at 3pm and got it the next day!! - but they are a couple of quid more on this one.

Just finished the third game - which is awesome btw. As a stand alone game it is amazing but to get the full impact of the experience I would recommend playing the first two games first.
  • Options
    samtmansamtman Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never had a problem with Zavvi recieved borderlands 5 days early, bioshock 2 2 days early and mass effect 2 2 days early on the other hand I don't use play any more as there deliveries have been taking so long the last pre order came two weeks late and its not the first time something has taken that long from them.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So chuffed this is geting a proper release at a decent price. I can't wait to find out what this Kratos dude is all about :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So chuffed this is geting a proper release at a decent price. I can't wait to find out what this Kratos dude is all about :)

Its about this everyday normal guy, happily playing along with his 360 when it RRODs on him. He blames the god that is Billus Gatious and vows to seek his revenge on him. :p
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    theres tits / lady nipples in it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the god of war collection. For myself i was one of the few PS2 players that missed the first two games in the series and it was well worth the importing. GOW has quickly become one of my fav Sony games released.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,760
    Forum Member

Cheers, just ordered it.:)

For those who already own it, is the sound PLII or DD?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    i'm getting the trilogy, already completed the first 2 on ps2 but i figured for the price difference i'd be better hanging off for the trilogy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got three £2 off @ play.com vouchers here if anyone wants to get their play.com order for £15.99

I just cancelled mine and put it through with this.
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    I've got three £2 off @ play.com vouchers here if anyone wants to get their play.com order for £15.99

I just cancelled mine and put it through with this.

gillyallan, i would like one of them codes please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wod1 wrote: »
    gillyallan, i would like one of them codes please.

PM sent

by the way play are about the cheapest for the official bluetooth headset at 17.99. Another £2 off with voucher.