Lucy Spraggan ordered to haul song off iTunes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
this is according to 'The Sun' http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4509410/X-Factor-Lucy-Spraggan-hit-hauled-off-iTunes-as-it-was-set-to-oust-Little-Mix-as-No1.html

apparently because it looked like it was going to knock LM off the number 1 spot

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if that's true then that's more than a little pathetic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon and Co sure must have though she was going to knock them of the top spot, as there was no other reason for them bring in this new rule in all of a sudden.

But I think Simon and Co have played it wrong as Little MIx are now getting the backlash from it all.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon and Co sure must have though she was going to knock them of the top spot, as there was no other reason for them bring in this new rule in all of a sudden.

But I think Simon and Co have played it wrong as Little MIx are now getting the backlash from it all.

Of course there's a reason, X factor is not there just you can peddle your wares. You sign a contract when you enter the show and she is breaking that contract and could get sued.

All past competitors have had to withdraw their previous material, there is no reason she should be treated special and get an unfair advantage.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their was a big gap between little mix and Lucy of 30,000 so I don't think she was a threat to them. I wish the Would have left it up as this will over shadow little mixs nUmber 1 and give people who don't like them more Amunition to abuse them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there's a reason, X factor is not there just you can peddle your wares. You sign a contract when you enter the show and she is breaking that contract and could get sued.

All past competitors have had to withdraw their previous material, there is no reason she should be treated special and get an unfair advantage.

Funny how Matt Cardels Band had track on Itune back from 2006 and was still on when he was on XF and they didnt take the off and you can still get them now.

So I dont think this has been a rule all along.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about moving the goalposts :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't like controversy unless its manufactured by them.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    It's not because of LM...they were 30k ahead of her song.....Wings has been number one on itunes since Sunday night.

I think it was down to the public reaction if her song and album charted high....competing in a competition when your album's already sold well and already has a fanbase pre live shows.

Gosh are the media already turning on Little Mix?
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to think Lucy's Itunes success could be more of a disadvantage to her now.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how Matt Cardels Band had track on Itune back from 2006 and was still on when he was on XF and they didnt take the off and you can still get them now.

So I dont think this has been a rule all along.

Was it under his name ?

Leona had various tracks that all had to pulled before she appeared on the show.
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Storm Lee too. Seems always to have been a condition that kicks in when a certain stage in the show is reached.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a good idea really, perhaps they could erase every artist who is a threat to an X-Factor act who is releasing a single!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just lucky Jesy deleted that tweet about her quickly enough, or this'd be ten times worse.
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoahOh wrote: »
    It's just lucky Jesy deleted that tweet about her quickly enough, or this'd be ten times worse.

which tweet was this?
    Forum Member
    I think its a good idea really, perhaps they could erase every artist who is a threat to an X-Factor act who is releasing a single!!

Yawn :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: She was not a threat..if she was she would have been closer on itunes.

That was the difference between the songs.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which tweet was this?

I was going to post this - I've not heard about that :confused:

What did Jesy say :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoahOh wrote: »

None of the girls have personal accounts and jesy barely writes anything on their collective account so if some one did tweet something then it's obvs a fake. Jesy isn't the type of girl to tweet bad things about other acts.
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I was going to post this - I've not heard about that :confused:

What did Jesy say :confused:

That she'd knock her out if she overtook them
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yawn :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: She was not a threat..if she was she would have been closer on itunes.

That was the difference between the songs.

lucy did well to get that close, but the reality is the song would have decreased at some point during the week. with no ongoing airplay or promotion in place, the song was highly likely to tail off.
    Forum Member
    vagbreath wrote: »

Jesy doesn't have a personal twitter account...none of the girls do. I can't see her tweeting that from the group account when management use the account more than the girls lol
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    The Sun making up lies as usual :rolleyes: LM were 30,000 copies ahead of Lucy so unless Lucy could pull a miracle it wasn't going to happen.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she made the choice. i presume she could have refused, leaving the competition following that decision and to be fair it must have been a tough call for both parties considering the track was riding high on itunes. now there may have been other contestants with music on itunes previously, but it was her music that took off following her appearance and that could have given her an unfair advantage in the competition.

besides, out of all the previous contestants with music on itunes, how many of them performed their available music as part of their audition? this is a completely new scenario and of course the show had to consider the whole picture.
  • tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy wasn't going to go #1 anyways. The song had several red updates on iTunes, so it was beginning to fall. Plus, Little Mix had a good lead over #2 on iTunes.

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vagbreath wrote: »

Was this an account that claimed to be Jesy's personal account? They don't have personal accounts. She wouldn't tweet that anyway as she isn't that type of girl and she rarely tweets at all On their group account.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely happening: Simon Cowell didn't want Lucy Spraggan to make money from X-Factor when none goes into his pockets.

Put her in the final, re-release the album (due to the contract she signed) under the Syco label regardless of where she places, money for Cowell...