We have only just seen series 1 :(

http://youtu.be/KiImTERm4mM
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so envious of you guys watching this tonight, will have to hunt around on the net to watch it!
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 4 opener:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qp03RXCy8o

Great opening episode and it has set up the rest of the series nicely. Lots of controversy about the cat scene.

Preview for episode 2
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Series 4 opener:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qp03RXCy8o

Great opening episode and it has set up the rest of the series nicely. Lots of controversy about the cat scene.

Preview for episode 2

Overnight rating of 971,000 and 53% audience share on RTE1 last night
  • TheCatsMeaowTheCatsMeaow Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    That young lad with the gun at the start of the episode is a lunatic. I fear for Trish and the kids. He's the sort that would shoot first without a moments hesitation.
    As much as I love Nidge's character I really want Siobhan to take him down and get justice for herself and Tommy.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thread On Request :) ... Apologies for not finding a better Place then (TV Shows: UK) but we don't have an Irish section on DS.

So Season 4 of this fantastic series kicked off last Sunday night on RTÉ One with 970,600 watching live and a further 23,700 on +1.

We first saw the machine-gunning of a cat by a young IRA recruit... that kind of set the tone :) ... so what did you think if you managed to watch it? (from the bank transit kidnapping to our introduction to the detective to Tommy returning to the house and being arrested)

Fantastic acting by Killian Scott, poor old Tommy is a shadow of his former self.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread welcomed!
    Bloody good start to new season, will miss Darren, that Nidge, grr
    poor Tommy, really felt for him, hope his missus sorts it, I would,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thread welcomed!
    Bloody good start to new season, will miss Darren, that Nidge, grr
    poor Tommy, really felt for him, hope his missus sorts it, I would,
    I wonder will we see flashbacks to Darren's funeral to come... it seems a bit convenient to forget it completely and the reaction of Nidge at the funeral would be interesting to see.

Tommy now looks like he could bring everyone down with him and the IRA still need to enter the equation... one thing for sure is that Nidge is right to be paranoid - he is now a moving target.

The condemnation of the Cat being shot is hilarous here in Ireland... the cat is even on the late late show tonight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 2 Preview: RTÉ One Sun. 09:30pm

Nidge extorts his tame dentist into cooperating with him. unaware that Detective Inspector Moynihan is setting up a complex undercover operation to track Nidge and ultimately bring him down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Episode 2 Preview: RTÉ One Sun. 09:30pm

Nidge extorts his tame dentist into cooperating with him. unaware that Detective Inspector Moynihan is setting up a complex undercover operation to track Nidge and ultimately bring him down.

Thanks for that, cant see Nidge getting 'done' so soon in series, am abit worried about his wife and kids though, looks like the cat killer is after them for some reason?

Cant believe we're the only ones posting on this, some folks really don't know what a good series they are missing:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that, cant see Nidge getting 'done' so soon in series, am abit worried about his wife and kids though, looks like the cat killer is after them for some reason?

Cant believe we're the only ones posting on this, some folks really don't know what a good series they are missing:)
    Yeah that boy is a young IRA recruit, he looks like a dangerous bastard... he was obviously sent out to keep a very close eye on the family, it wouldn't surprise me if Nidge's kids get it by the end of this series.

Ha ha I told you it would probably only be the two of us :)
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lookin forward to tonight's episode. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry lads didn't see that a thread about season 4 already existed before setting up my own one... Il try get get rid of my one.

Can't wait for tonights episide :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Yeah that boy is a young IRA recruit, he looks like a dangerous bastard... he was obviously sent out to keep a very close eye on the family, it wouldn't surprise me if Nidge's kids get it by the end of this series.

Ha ha I told you it would probably only be the two of us :)

I'm thinking Nidge's missus might be the target.

Hey, we've been merged, maybe more folk will post, if not, I don't mind it being us :)

Enjoy tonights, come back and tell me if you can, I have to wait until tomorrow:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking Nidge's missus might be the target.

Hey, we've been merged, maybe more folk will post, if not, I don't mind it being us :)

Enjoy tonights, come back and tell me if you can, I have to wait until tomorrow:p
    Yeah maybe a kidnapping might be in order for the IRA to catch Nidge.... will do hopefully it will be good.

Thanks to DS for merging the threads btw.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaaah that was a class episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miah1976 wrote: »
    Aaaah that was a class episode.
    Very very good.... the Guards are really starting to play with their heads... Big slip up from Tommy who is now a major liability to the empire....

Quote of the night "Here what you looking at? ...Fcuk off back to Japan... Chinese Fcuk..." :D haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can I just say grrrrrr
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the way Nidge has transformed from a semi likeable character into a menacing one that we probably won't mind seeing killed at the end of the series!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can I just say grrrrrr
    You'll have to get RTÉ somehow :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miah1976 wrote: »
    I love the way Nidge has transformed from a semi likeable character into a menacing one that we probably won't mind seeing killed at the end of the series!
    Ah I don't know about that, they showed the softer side too tonight when he took the son for his communion haircut.

The only thing that was a bit suspicious tonight was that Barack Obama Guard... he looks about 12 and is far too good looking to be a member of the Gardaí. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least they have caught up with that bogger copper who Nidge has a hold over - 'I was stationed with your father in Crumlin. He would be so disappointed'. It was far from Crumlin your man grew up with that South Kerry accent.

I can see them using the bent copper to feed Nidge a load of cobblers and really start to play games with his head. That said, I wouldn't mind if the bent copper never appears again as he is definatly the most annoying character (albeit a small part) in the series.

Elmo will probably get whacked next week too the way ist going for him !

I now live in Wales but still manage to see L/H every Sunday but fair play to RTE, the game has really been upped in the last few years in terms of the drama output (Pure Mule, Raw) but Love/Hate is seriously one of the best, if not the best thing they have every had a hand in.