Email inbox keeps getting full

Paul_BlackburnPaul_Blackburn Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have two email accounts one of which I hardly use when I logged into that one yesterday there 865 emails and all were facebook related people updating their account adding photos etc.I eventually deleted all of them but when I just logged in again there were another 54 emails again all facebook related.Is it possible to stop all these unwanted emails if so how.

Comments

• oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two email accounts one of which I hardly use when I logged into that one yesterday there 865 emails and all were facebook related people updating their account adding photos etc.I eventually deleted all of them but when I just logged in again there were another 54 emails again all facebook related.Is it possible to stop all these unwanted emails if so how.

You must have a Facebook account for this to happen. Go to you Facebook account and change email preferences.

To be honest, I do not use facebook, and I just googled

"stop Facebook emails"

and got answers.

You will get more sympathetic help if you try looking for solution first on web as nine times out of 10 there are guides/solutions to common issues.

In addition web solutions are more comprehensive usually with screenshots etc. You will learn more how to do things youself that way.
  • Paul_BlackburnPaul_Blackburn Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank's oilman must admit did not think of looking on Google which is something I always try first.Will look now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went onto Google and found this
    To elaborate... go to Facebook on a computer. Go to Account (upper right corner) > Account Settings > Notifications tab > un-check everything from under the email column that you don't want to receive email notifications about.
    But when I went into my Facebook account there seems to be no account tab or gear cog in the top R/H corner
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went onto Google and found this
    To elaborate... go to Facebook on a computer. Go to Account (upper right corner) > Account Settings > Notifications tab > un-check everything from under the email column that you don't want to receive email notifications about.
    But when I went into my Facebook account there seems to be no account tab or gear cog in the top R/H corner

make sure you're logged in to your account

you should see some symbols at the top right........a globe, a padlock etc

One of them is a downward pointing triangle

click on that to get a drop down menu

click on 'Settings'

find and click on Notifications from the list on the left

click on E-mail

uncheck all the boxes.........I've unchecked them all except 'Notifications about your account, security and privacy'

you shouldn't get any more e-mails !
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow 800 mails fills an inbox? what are you on, 1996mail.com?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi swingaleg there is no downward pointing arrow but if I click on the small orange square I can get settings but that just takes me to Google Chrome or that's what it looks like the Google Chrome settings page.Nothing about notifications
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The inbox was not full
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While you are logged in, click here - https://www.facebook.com/settings
  • Helmut10Helmut10 Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't make it easy by not saying what Email account, Gmail, Outlook Mail etc ?, or how you access it by an Email client or Webmail ?.
    Which leaves people having to guess.

I don't have a Facebook account, but it is possible to be bothered by Facebook junk.

You use Webmail to access your Email Accounts and configure them, look at links and privacy areas, there are pages and pages of this on Gmail and Outlook Mail (just examples).

You need to do this regularly as they change things and you may find yourself linked to something you don't want.

Can't be specific as you give no indication as to the brand of these Email Accounts.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi swingaleg there is no downward pointing arrow but if I click on the small orange square I can get settings but that just takes me to Google Chrome or that's what it looks like the Google Chrome settings page.Nothing about notifications

are you sure you're on the Facebook site ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Helmut10 I use Hotmail and to get into it I can enter Hotmail into Google and click on sign in.I also have a desktop shortcut for hotmail
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have found what I was looking for now after clicking on RobinOfloxley's link it is the small black arrow about two thirds of the way accross.I clicked on that then on settings and there was notifications.Thanks