john_hunterjohn_hunter Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC HD for me, will always pick it over ITV
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Well i agree it shouldn't be on both channels imean everyone has BBC anyway so just keep it on there
    ITV could just show a special evening or something for the non football fans.

Not everyone has the sports channels so it's only fair to be on the main too plus im sure they have to show the world cup on either BBC1 Or ITV1

Beaches is on Channel 4. The women are well catered for, so pipe down.
  • Options
    wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching the match on ITV, but when the ads come on I shall flick over to BBC to see a goal being scored.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    anderida wrote: »
    Disagree

Just done a comparison on my THX 1080 plasma and ITV HD knocks BBC HD for dust!

Might want to adjust the settings because BBC has a higher quality. BBC HD is transmitted at a higher resolution that ITV HD usually anyway.

Also a THX certified TV doesn't mean it's going to be superior to the Pioneer 9G/Panny 10G (some of which are THX) plasmas. However the settings you have may be causing the difference in picture quality.

THX is just a number of peramiters that need to be met for "certification".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob.cryer wrote: »
    BBC1 is behind on digital as well. Its behind the times as well with its presentation ;-)

Then why are you watching it?
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Beaches is on Channel 4. The women are well catered for, so pipe down.
    Thats very sexiest i know loads of women that like football and i wasn't moaning as im watching it too
    just doesn't make sense to have it on both channels thats all
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats very sexiest i know loads of women that like football and i wasn't moaning as im watching it too

Its a joint bid. if BBC want to buy out ITV let them find £40m. I'd suggest they would have to forego some other sports rights to afford that? F1 perhaps ;)
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    Well i agree it shouldn't be on both channels imean everyone has BBC anyway so just keep it on there
    ITV could just show a special evening or something for the non football fans.

Not everyone has the sports channels so it's only fair to be on the main too plus im sure they have to show the world cup on either BBC1 Or ITV1

They both show numerous games throughout the world cup. They both have the rights to the world cup. If England were to have got to the semi finals for example, both channels would show that. The BBC aren't going to just let ITV show it, and ITV aren't going to just let the BBC show it and miss out on all the ad revenue they'll get. Get over it. It's 1 night, for 3hrs or whatever. You and everyone else will live I'm sure. A helluva lot of people have access to more than just the 5 main channels, so I'm sure they'd find something else to watch. Those who don't, will find something else to watch on 2, 4 or 5, or will find something else to do for a few hours.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member

So who do you suggest doesn't show it then? And then go and ask that channel not to show the next one, see how far you get.

By the next WC, EVERYONE in the country will have at least 30 channels, no exceptions. 90%+ have that now.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching it on ITV..
    BBC1 is behind on digital ..

Make your mind up mr cryer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    They both show numerous games throughout the world cup. They both have the rights to the world cup. If England were to have got to the semi finals for example, both channels would show that. The BBC aren't going to just let ITV show it, and ITV aren't going to just let the BBC show it and miss out on all the ad revenue they'll get. Get over it. It's 1 night, for 3hrs or whatever. You and everyone else will live I'm sure. A helluva lot of people have access to more than just the 5 main channels, so I'm sure they'd find something else to watch. Those who don't, will find something else to watch on 2, 4 or 5, or will find something else to do for a few hours.
    Im NOT moaning and am watching the footy just didn't see the point of both Channels showing it but as someone said they both have the rights to show it so thats fine.

Sunday night on Tv is rubbish anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im going to be watching ITV tbh

I find the ITV graphics better.

Less graphics the better surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday night on Tv is rubbish anyway

This isnt much better, Unless you have goals over on BBC1?

BTW the HT whistle has blown on ITV. Viewers to BBC HD should hear it in about 5 minutes from now. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    This isnt much better, Unless you have goals over on BBC1?

BTW the HT whistle has blown on ITV. Viewers to BBC HD should hear it in about 5 minutes from now. :D
    Actually as it was blown on BBCHD i turned over to ITV1HD and it was the same pic(expect ITV have gone to adverts)

No but you can bank on BBC actually showing the goals if there's anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but you can bank on BBC actually showing the goals if there's anyway

Not like Euro 2008 then? ;)
  • Options
    arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done a quick comparison and ITV HD is (at times) quite clearly better PQ than BBC HD. Have ITV HD for comms and match and BBC HD for HT. I like Lee Dixon - good tactical analysis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Not like Euro 2008 then? ;)
    Well ITV opted out of showing the Euro 2008 Final
    for some reapts;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make your mind up mr cryer.

I read on here that ITVHD was ahead of BBCHD. So i quickly flicked to BBC1 to see if they were behind on digital, which they were.

I'm ITV'ing it tonight
  • Options
    welshkidwelshkid Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wur86 wrote: »
    I'm watching the match on ITV, but when the ads come on I shall flick over to BBC to see a goal being scored.:p

sniggers :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both ITV & BBC aren't being forceful enough in calling for the Dutch to be sent off. They should be at least 2 men down by now based on those challenges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    EpsilonVaz wrote: »
    Might want to adjust the settings because BBC has a higher quality. BBC HD is transmitted at a higher resolution that ITV HD usually anyway.

Also a THX certified TV doesn't mean it's going to be superior to the Pioneer 9G/Panny 10G (some of which are THX) plasmas. However the settings you have may be causing the difference in picture quality.

THX is just a number of peramiters that need to be met for "certification".

Now I really know you're just a BBC fan boy :D They both broadcast 1440x1080i with ITV using a CBR and the BBC a VBR (averaging about 1/2 that of ITV). Yes at one time ITV had reduced the res but dear old Auntie can not be said to have better pictures with their HD service - surely you've seen the amount of complaints re bit rate?

FYI my set is a new Panasonic 50"V20 set on THX mode so no I don't need to adjust my settings, well until the MIL rise anyway...

There can't be many times that you can compare the same images such as these and this was just my findings - personally I'm not a fan of football at all but it is the World Cup...

As far as I'm concerned if my misses can also notice the difference (without prompting) then I must be right :eek:

Anyone would have thought that the country was so affected by ITV's England goal mess up that theirs lives were so badly destroyed by this and ITV is so EVIL!!...

its just a game of football! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anderida wrote: »
    its just a game of football! :p

Its kick boxing actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who was first to change the scheduling because of extra time? :D
  • Options
    Alan ThewAlan Thew Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most discussions about HD quality assume satellite. Well, here in Scotland, on cable, the picture on STV HD is superior to BBC HD. The BBC picture is softer while STV's is pin sharp.
  • Options
    swindonvillageswindonvillage Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the BBC HD feed, dont want to miss a goal (If there is one):D

Not sure why I need a BBC HD logo on the screen, I can remember my address and what TV station I am watching. And if I forget I only have to press select on the remote!