Options

Woman takes nearly half an hour to parallel park her car

Comments

• Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    My first thought after 5 minutes of it was, is it a set-up? Not exactly uncommon on Youtube.

Probably a student stunt.
  • Options
    SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find it sad that you actually believe it ,:rolleyes: its a rather pathetic video as well

Really? You're marginally more funny than the driver :D:D:D
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think some (and only some) of it is to do with the kind of car you're driving.

My old Renault was fantastic, great rear view and I could do it in one.

The Fiesta I drive now has got a horrible rear view and over sensitive reverse steering so you never know where you are ending up until you get there.

That said, if I can't get it in in 10 seconds - I'm off - certainly wouldn't keep trying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless her :D
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I think some (and only some) of it is to do with the kind of car you're driving.

My old Renault was fantastic, great rear view and I could do it in one.

The Fiesta I drive now has got a horrible rear view and over sensitive reverse steering so you never know where you are ending up until you get there.

That said, if I can't get it in in 10 seconds - I'm off - certainly wouldn't keep trying.

nah mate its cause the woman was a crap Parker
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    i tend to do the if it takes more than three attempts i drive off in shame approach and console myself by saying i have a big ass estate car:D
  • Options
    toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    and one who believes that cause they said she was there twenty minutes on video you actually believe them :rolleyes:

Considering the length of time she persevered with it - it's not all that unbelievable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When Has Half An Hour Been 14 Minutes And 32 Seconds :rolleyes: and the people who are filming this are rather sad individuals

No need for the roll eyes - I was reporting what was said in the video - did you watch it? If you did - then it's not that unbelievable ..

gawd some people are just rude for the fun of it ... sad in itself :sleep:
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Half an hour or 15 minutes - that woman's parking skills were absolutely pathetic either way.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nah mate its cause the woman was a crap Parker

Having now reviewed the video in full. I agree :D
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need for the roll eyes - I was reporting what was said in the video - did you watch it? If you did - then it's not that unbelievable ..

gawd some people are just rude for the fun of it ... sad in itself :sleep:

i am not being rude i am just stating that who cannot prove that the woman was parking for longer than that just because someone says so in a video :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i am not being rude i am just stating that who cannot prove that the woman was parking for longer than that just because someone says so in a video :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep thinking that I should sign up for a parallel parking refresher course because in the 17 years since I learned to drive I never had to do it until recently and find it really difficult :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, the focus of this is the driver's gender not her ability.
  • Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I keep thinking that I should sign up for a parallel parking refresher course because in the 17 years since I learned to drive I never had to do it until recently and find it really difficult :o

Me too, I can't recall the last time I attempted it.

I just find a space I can drive forward into.

It's a skill to reverse park a 16 foot car into a 20 foot space, some don't have it, it doesn't mean they are a bad or unsafe driver.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16 foot car? What do you drive? Mine tiny car can get into a 6 foot space :D
  • Options
    fastzombiefastzombie Posts: 10,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, I can't recall the last time I attempted it.

I just find a space I can drive forward into.

It's a skill to reverse park a 16 foot car into a 20 foot space, some don't have it, it doesn't mean they are a bad or unsafe driver.

I'm hopeless at it to my shame. The lane by my house is quite narrow and if I try to parrelell park I usually cock it up. I can reverse park ok but parellell parking just defeats me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ssdd wrote: »
    16 foot car? What do you drive? Mine tiny car can get into a 6 foot space :D

Sure sure ;):D
  • Options
    shellman_shellman_ Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time a friend of mine took forever parking her car. We were all sat in the living room watching. It was hilarious.:o
    I remember seeing a woman driving a Royal Mail van, and when she was parking up to make a delivery to somebody's house, I ended up standing watching her for just over five minutes trying to park up! :D

Shellman. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    You have to do 1 of 3 manouvres, (obviously you learn all 3 because you don't know which you'll get)

Parallel parking (reverse park excersise)
    3 point turn (turn in the road)
    reverse round a corner.

I passed mine in 1987 and we were never taught how to parallel park. We had to reverse around a corner and do a 3-point turn - both in the test.

Parallel parking is something that should be taught as there is a bit of a skill to it and with a couple of pointers about exactly when and who far to turn the steering wheel it isn't too difficult.

Reverse parking we weren't taught either...I never used to bother until I saw a female co-worker reverse parking brilliantly and I got 'embarrassed' into learning it as I never felt that confident doing it...well, if a woman can do it! Please don't take that the wrong way - I know it sounds stereotypically sexist but it made me buckle down and learn!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    Sure sure ;):D

After 40 minutes of trying of course :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »

It wasn't until I went on a defensive driving course with a couple of ex-policeman that a few of us asked them to teach us - it isn't that difficult...although I did have one of those times yesterday when I had to move back and forwards about 4 times before getting it properly parallel but I was in...if I don't get it right 1st or second time of getting the car in the space I'll normally drive on as it's not worth it...but 30minutes of trying...man...kudos to the person!
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tf4TIWECZ30

This was filmed in the student area here in Belfast....

haha - why even bother? I would be so embarrassed ... end up driving away.

Luckily for me, I can swing my car into a parallel parking spot in one go - don't understand why people find it so difficult - I have a few friends that are nervous/anxious while parallel parking - but even they aren't this bad and certainly wouldn't take that long.

Love the bit in the video where the girl who owns the car in front comes along and gets in, then decides to get out and walk away again lol!!
    :D:D

Luckily my car has parking assist so I don't have problems parking. Years ago I had a car without power steering and would spend ages trying to squeeze into spaces. I told my daughter that cars these days are so easy to drive compared to years ago.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I've had my car 4 years now and know its exact dimensions when reversing / parallel parking.

I wasn't good at it at the time of passing my driving test many years ago, but now I can easily swing my car in, in one sweep.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    ... having seen that footage though, the driver *is* pretty clueless and has no idea how to handle her car.