Is it time for Cher to be removed from the competition for he own mental health?

busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
Forum Member
✭✭
After having seen and read all the news, gossip and headlines about this girl, I really worry for her.

Now I dont particularly like her, and feel she comes across as very arrogant and rude, but the fact that she needs a 24 hr councellor and all these new tantrums and fits, suggests that she really is not ready for this.

She cant cope with this - how would she cope living the life of a popstar, 24/7 without the back up, the support and the protection that the Xfactor offers.

I feel that for her own health she needs to be removed from the competition and be allowed to grow up away from the cameras.

She is still only a child, and I think this is where we can see that sometimes age limits are important. She is clearly NOT ready for this. Emotionally or physically. She does not have the maturity needed to deal with this situation.

Cowell and co have a responsibility to her - they need to do the right thing and pull her otherwise she may be in serious trouble.

Comments

• derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . If Cher is on the edge I think it's too late for that, taking her out of the show could put her over and into the abbys, I can see this has the potential to harm not only her but XF and Biffa too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    It probably is, but they won't remove her until they're forced to do so. She's the only one bringing in the headlines now. If she's lucky, she'll go tomorrow, with a positive sendoff.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good points OP.I do wonder if Cher has the emotional maturity to cope with this show or with fame.The evidence seems to suggest she is struggling badly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would take what you read in the tabloids with a very large grain of salt.

That said, my own perception of Cher is that she is a highly strung person to start with and being under the sort of pressure that she is as part of the show would be concerning.

However, she is close to her family it would seem and I would think that the show's production team would be compelled to look after their contestants' physical and emotional welfare so I am hopeful that one or other would act if it was necessary.

Of course, I could be completely naive as well. I hope not.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should be removed..for the sake of our mental (and physical) health. Makes me feel ill watching her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    To be fair to her, as all the others, the pressure of the x-factor must be overwhelming. Not simply the work they have to do, the rehearsals, but the competition, whether or not they got on with their mentor or the other contestants, being removed from family and put in a little goldfish bowl, and then what the media says and forums etc on top of everything else. It is a wonder most of them don't lose it.

But it must be exceptionally tough for a 17 year old. I could never have coped with it. I do feel for her, as for the others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should be removed..for the sake of our mental (and physical) health. Makes me feel ill watching her.

Cher has shown that she is extremely fit. She did 2 uptempo performances that required a lot of endurance. She did them both without running out of air and was still on point. Very few contestants could have done what she did with Girlfriend or Walk this way without sounding like they ran a marathon. Paije easily comes to mind of how out of breath he sounded. The girl is extremely healthy. Not her fault she has a small frame. It's genetic.

After all the hard work and all the weeks of fighting how can you have the heart to say they should remove her? It's a mad world indeed...
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OFG sake she is a 17 yr old kid who has been hyped up to believe she is the next big thing which may or may not be true. She has also being hyped up to believe that she is going to win the X Factor. I think coming bottom has taken the wind out of her sails and she probably realises that that is now not going to happen.

All these hate threads can't possibly help her mental state of course we could all have been fed a load of lies!! and there is absolutely nothing wrong with her!

But to be removed from the competetion!! I don't think so!
  • Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't happen of course, but I'd love to see her removed. Along with her moronic mentor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    OFG sake she is a 17 yr old kid who has been hyped up to believe she is the next big thing which may or may not be true. She has also being hyped up to believe that she is going to win the X Factor. I think coming bottom has taken the wind out of her sails and she probably realises that that is now not going to happen.

All these hate threads can't possibly help her mental state of course we could all have been fed a load of lies!! and there is absolutely nothing wrong with her!

But to be removed from the competetion!! I don't think so!

Perhaps there's nothing wrong with her now, but because of the hype and attention she has been given and factoring in her vulnerability (her age, mainly) means that she could be close to breakdown when she falls flat on her face.

The entertainment industry is a harsh place. Look at how messed up some young celebrities become.

Both her and Aiden were completely and utterly gutted that they were in the bottom 2. They were over hyped and when the harshness of reality hit them, they cried (Aiden was close to bursting when he was sent home).

They'll never remove anyone unless it was seriously affecting their health, but it's what comes after which will get them.

I mean, how can you go back to a day job when you've been hyped up to be the biggest thing since The Beatles?
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is far too late to remove her from the competition now, the damage has already been done. I don't personally like her attitude but I hope that her mental health does not suffer because of the show, I have had problems in the past and it is not a nice thing to go through.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    busy_bee wrote: »
    After having seen and read all the news, gossip and headlines about this girl, I really worry for her.

Now I dont particularly like her, and feel she comes across as very arrogant and rude, but the fact that she needs a 24 hr councellor and all these new tantrums and fits, suggests that she really is not ready for this.

She cant cope with this - how would she cope living the life of a popstar, 24/7 without the back up, the support and the protection that the Xfactor offers.

I feel that for her own health she needs to be removed from the competition and be allowed to grow up away from the cameras.

She is still only a child, and I think this is where we can see that sometimes age limits are important. She is clearly NOT ready for this. Emotionally or physically. She does not have the maturity needed to deal with this situation.

Cowell and co have a responsibility to her - they need to do the right thing and pull her otherwise she may be in serious trouble.

We only know what we are being told about her. I am sceptical about it to be honest. It is like all of the Wagner stories. It just helps to keep her and the show in the public eye.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been literally hundreds of teen popstars over the years, if they were able to properly manage their acts, there wouldn't be a problem.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, they hype her up so much, fill her head with false promises and then wonder why a kid self-destructs occasionally when things don't go perfectly.

I agree, she is not ready for this, but not necessarily for a singing career, she is not ready to be in the boiler of Syco's artist-spewing-machine that is x-factory.

I don't think she is mentally unstable, just a bit prone to tantrums when things get stressful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, I feel so sorry for Cher at the moment. No wonder she is ready to implode, if in fact she is.

Right from the start she has been told how brilliant and 'current' she is. I am sure in her own head she had the whole competition in the bag. She will have been told to ignore the negative press and that people love her.

To then come in the bottom two must have been devastating. No matter how you wrap it up nicely, how many buttons and bows you attach, bottom two means people were not voting for you. Cher must have believed she had loads of fans and there was no way she was in any danger no matter if she gave a 'dodgy' performance one week. And that is without hearing the booing.

Not only has she now come down to earth with a bump, it must be harder to read the negative press knowing she is not as popular as she has been made out to be. Teenage girls are drama queens as it is! A broken nail is enough for a tantrum, never mind the realisation you are not as popular as you have been told you are.

I hope she is getting support. If the story is true I am sure Rebecca does not mind Cheryl spending time reassuring Cher, after all she has been a teenage girl herself!