Matt Cardle - the new Steve Brookstein?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
Seems every time I log onto DS, there's Matt Cardle with his opinion about everything being reported on.

Reeks of Steve Brookstein to me. How long before the bitterness sets in...

Comments

• mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth77 wrote: »
    Seems every time I log onto DS, there's Matt Cardle with his opinion about everything being reported on.

Original thought alert!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not sure ..but I wish people would think up a more original comparison than Steve Brookstein
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    not sure ..but I wish people would think up a more original comparison than Steve Brookstein

But it's probably the most apt comparison so people can't be blamed for making it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's probably the most apt comparison so people can't be blamed for making it.

In what ways is it apt?
    You can't know that until a year or two has passed so obviously are making assumptions.
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shocking isn't it? - he won the XF and has winners single to promote and the media want to interview him and dont just want to have the same boring questions and answers recycled.

truely shocking.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, never heard of that comparison before. Your really quick. Cheers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shocking isn't it? - he won the XF and has winners single to promote and the media want to interview him and dont just want to have the same boring questions and answers recycled.

truely shocking.

I know .. fancy being asked your opinions on stuff and giving answers .. and to have most of the showbiz journo's saying what a great bloke you are .. how dare he
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    God, isn't the OP so smart?:eek::)

I bet none of us had thought something along those lines with his absolutely outrageous comments where he has expressed some honest opinion, unlike the singing robot Leona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I know .. fancy being asked your opinions on stuff and giving answers .. and to have most of the showbiz journo's saying what a great bloke you are .. how dare he

No doubt some will find him being articulate and able to answer questions as further evidence of him being 'up himself' or somehow find a way to tie it in to the unforgiveable sin of having a private education.
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though i wanted becca to win,mat isnt nothing like steve,he is coming across like a right pr*ck.steve that is.
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    No doubt some will find him being articulate

Have you actually read the transcript of his interview with DS?? Almost every other word was 'f***' smattered with a self-conscious, mockney-cockney sprinkling of 'mate'. I wonder if his parents can get a refund on the £15k.
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you actually read the transcript of his interview with DS?? Almost every other word was 'f***' smattered with a self-conscious, mockney-cockney sprinkling of 'mate'. I wonder if his parents can get a refund on the £15k.

:D:D:D

Post of the day.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can say I've never heard that hilarious comparison before :rolleyes:

How bloody original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Ruth77 wrote: »

Seems whenever I log on to DS there's a new thread comparing Matt Cardle to Steve Brookstein so go figure.
  • GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real original OP. :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have seen him in a couple of interviews and thought he came over very well but we obviously have different opinions on many subjects so are highly unlikely to agree here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and if he spoke with a marbles in his mouth accent he'd be pulled up for being a posh g*t

Matt will never be able to win with some people, a small section of his "dslikers" will jump on every single thing he says, move he makes, way he looks and fnd some negativity in it

being privately educated doesn't mean you won't swear .. believe it or not but members of the Royal family actually swear (shock horror .. what a waste of an education there :eek:) .. and calling someone "mate" isn't exactly a crime or a sign of being uneducated
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, he's not the new Steve Brookstein.

Anything with a voice like that could only be the secret lovechild of Tickle-Me-Elmo and James Blunt.:eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since I can't be arsed to dredge through your posting history (although it seems to be largely Matt related) can I ask who you did actually like this year?

Or are you one of those "I hate X Factor but I have to keep giving an opinion on it" types?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339617/Simon-Cowells-like-Mafia-boss-warns-X-Factor-winner-Steve-Brookstein.html

I'm not trying to dis Matt or anything but I never felt like Simon wanted him or liked him. At the end of the article Steve says that he has his own theories regarding Matt's win. What he said at the end was exactly what I have been fearing. If Simon is not backing Matt and the theories are correct then he will be the next Brookstein.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    I would have thought Olly was a more obvious comparison. They're even from the same corner of Britain!

(edit) Never mind that, I've just looked it up, they're even both from Colchester - how uncanny is that?
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339617/Simon-Cowells-like-Mafia-boss-warns-X-Factor-winner-Steve-Brookstein.html

I'm not trying to dis Matt or anything but I never felt like Simon wanted him or liked him. At the end of the article Steve says that he has his own theories regarding Matt's win. What he said at the end was exactly what I have been fearing. If Simon is not backing Matt and the theories are correct then he will be the next Brookstein.

I don't think he's not backing Matt in the way he didn't back Leon, but I think Simon's number 1 priority is One Direction. He's already paying for American producers and songwriters to work with them and they fly out there in January to start on their album.

This could actually benefit Matt, who might have more control over his future if Simon is invested elsewhere.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    In time, my sweet.
    Forum Member
    I never felt like Simon wanted him or liked him.

I agree. All his compliments seemed to be given out very grudingly compared with the praise he gave to Cher, 1D and Rebecca. I don't think Cowell is behind Cardle at all, which is bad news for the latter's attempts at a music career. I also think Cardle is too opinionated for Cowell's liking.

Brookstein Jr. in the making.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. All his compliments seemed to be given out very grudingly compared with the praise he gave to Cher, 1D and Rebecca. I don't think Cowell is behind Cardle at all, which is bad news for the latter's attempts at a music career. I also think Cardle is too opinionated for Cowell's liking.

Brookstein Jr. in the making.
    I always felt he was championing Rebecca over Matt. With all Matt's talk about being a credible artist and writing his own material and percieved fake humbleness, Simon might have made the Steve Brookstein comparison himself. This time though, Simon might think the best way to handle it is to let Matt release an album full of original material and if it tanks and Matt slips into oblivion, Simon won't have to put up with years of "I've been shafted", "poor me", "Simon is a meanie".

It will be much easier for Simon to let Matt dig his own hole into oblivion and even if he loses a bit of money on the album, he gets to write it off as a bad debt and off set it against taxes. Having said that, Matt could surprise everyone and come up with something decent. Either way, it will be interesting to see what Matt does over the next year and how his relationship with Syco develops.

We'll have to resurrect this thread in a year and see who has egg on their face :p:D