Possible terror attacks planned for tenth anniversery of 9/11 on Sunday.

Comments

• cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's all over the news and i doubt they'd worry "us" for anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Wasn't part of the terrorists intentions to cause us constant fear of another attack.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Well it's all over the news and i doubt they'd worry "us" for anything.

Hardly all over the news.

Terrorists like to strike when it's not expected.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    Why don't you ask Sally Morgan what's going to happen?

Or any of the other publicity-seeking psychics who forecast 9/11, but didn't bother to tell anyone, and claimed it as a "success" after the event.

Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Since 9/11 Islamist terrorist plots have been of two sorts - ones that Western intelligence didn't detect and either were successful (7/7) or unsuccessful (shoe-bomber) and the ones spotted well in advance which resulted in arrests, trials & convictions but no threat to the public.

There's a third sort; well publicised arrests, front page, TV, then a month later the suspects are found to be totally innocent and are released, with just a small box on the bottom of page 9.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    Hardly all over the news.

Terrorists like to strike when it's not expected.

Okay so the past hour i've just been watching something completely different on bbc news :rolleyes:
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The US Department of Homeland Security must be having orgasms in anticipation of even more intrusive 'gate rape' fondling and shenanigans.
    Forum Member
    Okay so the past hour i've just been watching something completely different on bbc news :rolleyes:

If you mean Sky News it's about commerating the day NOT about the alleged attack itself. On all the news channels it appears as a side item and scrolls along the bottom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well sunday we will see then, i hope not, peace on earth is all i want as do we all
  • Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah because the Muslims really benefitted from 9/11. They lost hundreds of thousands of people to the 3000 on 9/11.
  • WhiteLiarWhiteLiar Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    It was the main news story on BBC and ITV news. What exactly does a credible, specific but unconfirmed threat actually mean?
    Forum Member
    WhiteLiar wrote: »
    It was the main news story on BBC and ITV news. What exactly does a credible, specific but unconfirmed threat actually mean?

It means there is intelligence from a credible source to suggest that something may be afoot, but the threat may not be real.
  • Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteLiar wrote: »

Like Iraq could wipe us out in 45 minutes, that what it means.
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    I think they jumped the shark with 9/11 anyway, they can never better that. Anything they do now will always pale into comparison to 9/11 and not have the same impact.

The thing that was so shocking about 9/11 was that the whole world could see it happen... unfold in front of our eyes - it was just a single bomb or attack where we seen the aftermath - the responders, the destruction.... we could actually see the second plane hit - still an ongoing attack - most of the time we only see the aftermath.... then footage came to light of the first attack.... then we seen people trying to flee - the damage and destruction - how the responders were going to tackle the fires, then the unthinkable - the towers collapsing one after the other......

With the London attacks - we didn't actually see footage of the underground attacks and we only seen the aftermath of the buses...we didn't see an ongoing attack...

In those first few hours on 9/11/2001, noone knew how many planes there were, how many more attacks there would be

And then there's the fact the buildings were so tall - we could all see it happen - as opposed to it being underground or on street level where we can't get loads of different views of it happening...

And of course the amount of people that died...

I do believe that other large attacks can happen - I just got home from NYC and while I was there for the 3rd time, I just kept thinking that anyone, anywhere can board a subway train from any station without being detected....I'm surprised there hasn't been any attacks on subways.... or the bridges..... but with these attacks, there still won't be that shock factor because we won't see them happening - we'll see the aftermath, but not it happening live on tv

Anyway - I just ramble on at times trying to get my thoughts across - hope I made sense...
  • SpoonfedVomitSpoonfedVomit Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to various sources...

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/09/20119912227469397.html

Google "terror attack" on google and click on Last 24 hours, loads of articles about it.

Do you think this will happen? according to reports one of the persons who is wanted is a US Citizen and they are planning on using trucks to presumably blow up an area.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to various sources...

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/09/20119912227469397.html

Google "terror attack" on google and click on Last 24 hours, loads of articles about it.

Indeed, this story is so widespread there's already a thread on it.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I doubt any major attack will happen.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine how anyone can have enough hatred to want to annihilate perfect strangers.

Terribly sad if this is true, and my thoughts are with the people of New York and Washington.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you have a linkt o this thread?
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    do you have a linkt o this thread?

It'll take you less than two minutes to find it ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will it because i have been searching for 6 minutes and have not found
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    It's on the second page.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    For the sake of it:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1531089

Took me less than 2 minutes to find it.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    It's on the second page.

And it was on the first page when this one kicked off, so it wasn't even a case of searching for it - merely reading down the list. But anyway.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will it because i have been searching for 6 minutes and have not found

If that's really true, then I'd probably be keeping a bit quiet about it if I were you.
  • WhiteLiarWhiteLiar Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    What's with these wannabe moderators always snapping at people for posting threads on the same subject? Why does it matter to you? Some people don't want to read through pages and pages of stuff.

They all seem to have high posts counts too. The words get a life spring to mind.