Options

Worst forum you have ever been on

KidshaleenKidshaleen Posts: 193
Forum Member
I have been on some truly awful forums in my time as no doubt many of you have , but the worst one by far IMO just has to be DIYNOT. These jokers ban or delete words for no obvious reason. It is the most censored forum you could wish to go on. I have had words such as pussy and tit deleted. I must point out I was talking about someone being a pussy cat and saying what birds have been on my table recently , namely blue tits. If you mention the "i" word , they could ban you completely. This forum does not have a childrens section so they can't use that as an excuse. And woe betide anyone who asks why certain threads or posts have been deleted !!!! A truly awful site.

Comments

• Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just posting here before anyone thinks I'm following them. The worst for me is the New England Patriots forum.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was linked to this off the BB forum when geordie Alex was on it. Be warned; it isn't for the faint hearted http://www.ultimatebuzz.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229279&page=4
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    thestudentroom

never again......

It's full of the smuggest people you'll ever have the misfortune of communicating with...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youtube comments can be horrible. If you defend someone against a racist or homophobic comment you risk a deluge of foul mouthed abuse yourself.

I'm curious about that forum (forgotten its name, there was a thread here about it recently) that has a section for abusing digitalspy members, but since it is a closed forum I will never know whether I get a namecheck. :D
  • Options
    Mad Man MoonMad Man Moon Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the same subject crop up over and over on DS? You seem to see the same threads on an almost daily basis.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youtube comments can be horrible. If you defend someone against a racist or homophobic comment you risk a deluge of foul mouthed abuse yourself.

I'm curious about that forum (forgotten its name, there was a thread here about it recently) that has a section for abusing digitalspy members, but since it is a closed forum I will never know whether I get a namecheck. :D

At one point there were other forums claiming you were an admin on "that" forum.

Not sure if you have had much of a mention. You could always sign up and have a look.;)
  • Options
    pinkteddyx64pinkteddyx64 Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Digital Spy forums are simply atrocious when it comes to some threads as the threads often end up turning into "<name of country> is better than us at this" propaganda threads or "anti-UK pro-<name of country>" propaganda threads! :mad:
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does the same subject crop up over and over on DS? You seem to see the same threads on an almost daily basis.

They hate us, but they can't stay away!:D
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Kidshaleen wrote: »

If you mention the "i" word , they could ban you completely.

Please excuse my ignorance - what is the "i" word?

And I am not trying to provoke you to say it if it is something which would cause you a problem here. If that is the case just say so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At one point there were other forums claiming you were an admin on "that" forum.

Not sure if you have had much of a mention. You could always sign up and have a look.;)

Can't remember the name and I promise I am not an admin anywhere. I did kind of toy with the idea of signing up, but sheer shame stopped me joining a forum to see if anyone had ever mentioned me. :o
  • Options
    KidshaleenKidshaleen Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Cruachan wrote: »

And I am not trying to provoke you to say it if it is something which would cause you a problem here. If that is the case just say so.

Immigrants. A big no no !
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst forum I've seen is Stormfront. A lot of sick puppies post there.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cruachan wrote: »

Illuminati? :eek: :o
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member

And you get kicked out for mentioning it

The irony.... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    thestudentroom

never again......

It's full of the smuggest people you'll ever have the misfortune of communicating with...

Ahh, thestudentroom...

I received my first forum permaban there. :)
  • Options
    GreenJellyJamGreenJellyJam Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Digital Spy forums are simply atrocious when it comes to some threads as the threads often end up turning into "<name of country> is better than us at this" propaganda threads or "anti-UK pro-<name of country>" propaganda threads! :mad:

Iranian Digitalspy is better than British Digitalspy though
  • Options
    pinkteddyx64pinkteddyx64 Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iranian Digitalspy is better than British Digitalspy though
    Oh yeah? :rolleyes: And where is your evidence to support your propaganda? :confused:

You are really asking for it, aren't you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ41GJ059ys :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thestudentroom

never again......

Oh god, so true!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah? :rolleyes: And where is your evidence to support your propaganda? :confused:

You are really asking for it, aren't you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ41GJ059ys :rolleyes:

Aah I've missed your anti-propaganda rubbish I haven't seen it around much.

I think Iranian Digitalspy is better because I like how the word Iranian sounds though I think Persian Digitalspy would be better although I'm not sure Iranians would be happy.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    The worst forum I've seen is Stormfront. A lot of sick puppies post there.

That's the one I was going to say. I had a look on there once, just to see how bad it was. I couldn't read more than a couple of threads, as it made me so angry. Truly a despicable place for the lowest of the low.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sanctimonious comments like this don't exactly put the DS forums in a good standing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMDB is pretty juvenile.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thestudentroom

never again......

Can you enlighten me, i've only browsed sporadically on there so never really got a taste of the culture over there
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thestudentroom

never again......

Yeah plus they always go on meet ups and end up getting married to other people off the board and stuff! Weird.
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member

Thanks. Obvious when you said it but I now consider myself better informed :)