The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incase anyone hasn't seen it yet...

Trailer of the final episode of The Dumping Ground

I only noticed the mistake with Tyler's file being unchecked. I never noticed the others, I might have to rewatch that before tomorrow's episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incase you missed it yesterday, here's Blue Peter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbbc/episode/b055pvzm/blue-peter-red-nose-spectacular

Dumping Ground stars - Joe (Johnny), Mia (Tee) and Connor (Mike) appeared on it last night.

Not long before episode 10!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go! The final episode!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that's a wrap for the 3rd Series' first half of The Dumping Ground!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a great episode that was! It was pretty tense, quite gripping and emotional all at once!

I hugely enjoyed the dramatic storyline centering around the Taylors. Johnny really shone for me tonight. Bless him! You could really feel the anger waiting to burst out of him once he discovered Keith was out of prison and also when he started to manipulate their lives again. Tee was also great too! Their relationship as brother and sister is now more stronger than ever which is great to see. And boy after finally seeing Keith in person which we've all been anticipating, he certainly is a real nasty piece of work! Very manipulative and threatening too especially towards Lucy. Even now, he's still dead set into getting Tee and Johnny out of the family picture which isn't surprising. Very well acted by Neil Morrissey though. I was glad to see both Tee and Johnny continuing to fight against Keith and keep encouraging their mum not to listen to him again to prevent the worst case scenario from happening like in the past.

Seeing Lucy revealed with a bruise on her face was very sad and quite harrowing. This was the obvious indication of history starting to repeat itself! I really felt for her, Tee and Johnny. Everything about this episode was great, it's also nice to get to know a bit more about the twins but the part that most stood out for me was Johnny progressively developing the courage to finally stand up to Keith. After seeing his mum in that state, there was no way that he could leave his mother and sisters to cope with Keith who was a danger to all of them. I loved when Johnny confroned him alone in the house, stood up to him upclose and personal hile continuing to shout the truth towards him with no worry or hesistation about him potentially being hurt or attacked by Keith. That was an outsanding moment! Johnny deserved a standing observation for that! True words never spoken. Taking action like a boss! I love how supportive and protective Tee was towards Johnny. That's real sibling love! :)

Hopefully Keith gets his comeuppance.

Nice for everyone else to throw a goodbye for Johnny which is regularly done when kids leave the DG. This was a perfect way to close the chapter for Johnny. Having him quickly develop the confidence and courage to stand up to Keith before leaving The Dumping Ground to join the army. Damn, him and Bailey also had a small truce! They actually hugged each other and Bailey complemented him on how brave he was to stand up against his abusive stepdad. Man, that was a nice moment. It's so hard to say goodbye to a character that you've know for so long. Watching them grow, develop and then finally leave is always tough. Johnny will definitely be missed! A great character. I was indifferent to him in TBR but I grew to like him a lot in TDG. Take a bow, Joe Maw! You've done a brilliant for the past 5-6 years! Be proud! Aw, I really felt for Tee during those final moments when she and everyone had to say goodbye to Johnny. After everything they've been through in life, it's certainly going to be hard for her to adjust to life without her brother but on the positive side, she's still got other friends and residents to keep her company in Johnny's absence, especially Carmen who was very supportive towards Tee in this episode which was really nice. And they've obviously got Mike and May-Li too!

My only minor complaints is that we didn't really get to see enough of Johnny in this series especially considering this is his last one to appear in. I wish there was more of a build up which would have made this more explosive. Still a very great episode though, awesome drama! I enjoyed it! The quality has still been consistent which is very pleasing!

Great acting from everyone invovled in this show! Joe Maw and Mia McKenna Bruce were on top form today! Awesome acting!

The only original characters on the show now are Tee, Carmen, Mike and Harry! Since day 1! Wow! It's quite unbelieveable! Haha!:eek:

That's a wrap until September! Will give my thoughts on the first half of Series 3 later. What did you all think of that final episode?
  • emma888emma888 Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that episode was great, definitely the best episode in series 3. It was definitely a good exit for Johnny, I liked how he finally got to stand up to his stepdad. There were loads of exciting parts, and everyone acted really well. The suspense near the end when Johnny was waiting for Keith was good, though it kind of got ruined by the cartoons! I also liked Toni's storyline. Her and Billie's past sounded pretty shocking, though, with what their dad did to Toni's rabbit. I also felt really sorry for Tee at the end of the episode! Now she's going to have to get used to living without Johnny, and after Ryan threatening her in the previous episode, I think she'll probably have quite a hard time, which will probably be her storyline for the second half of the series. This series has been pretty good, better than series 2 anyway. I did think Johnny should have been in more, though. They could have given him a part in episode 5, I'd have liked to see his reaction to Tee nearly getting arrested. Jody and Mo weren't in much, either, but hopefully they'll get some good storylines in the second half.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I liked the final episode, it was interesting to finally see Keith.
    Wouldn't the mum be able to have a restraining order put on him though? After all he did to her, surely Tee and Johnny could act as witnesses to it. That's what I kept thinking throughout the episode.
    I look forward to the next series, this one flew by,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://screenterrier.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/casting-call-for-new-regular-for-very.html
    There's a casting call for a "very popular CBBC drama series". Could this be for a character in series 4 of the dumping ground? The filming dates and locations match up.
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Series 3 meant to be 20 episodes long? or has CBBC spitted and we'll be getting the remaining ten later in the year?

EDIT: Series 4 is 20 episodes.

Great finale. Neil Morrisey was brilliant. Bob the Builder! :p ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Series 3 meant to be 20 episodes long? or has CBBC spitted and we'll be getting the remaining ten later in the year?
    The other ten episodes are coming in September.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    What date does the new series start? As we're in September now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    What date does the new series start? As we're in September now

Not sure. There hasn't been any news yet. It's true that the last time we were told was that the second half would start this month. Nothing on the website yet though. Might have to wait for a couple of days or so until they confirm a proper date.

Incase you didn't know, some old faces from Tracy Beaker Returns reunited back in the summer to give some cooking tips.

Lily (Jessie), Sapphire (Saffron), Johnny (Joe), Frank (Matthew) and Elektra (Jess) all put their cooking skills into action.

Sapphire's Stir Fry

Frank's Meatballs

Elektra's Fruit Kebabs

Johnny's Breakfast Omelette

Lily's Fish Fingers

Just thought that I'd put all this here since it's very nice to see them again. I miss them all actually.
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Not sure. There hasn't been any news yet. It's true that the last time we were told was that the second half would start this month. Nothing on the website yet though. Might have to wait for a couple of days or so until they confirm a proper date.

Yeah idk what is going on with that. In the meantime I've been watching an adaption of a Jacqueline Wilson book called Hetty Feather (on iplayer) it's actually pretty good,might want to check it out.
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    For a ten week run to be finnseged before Christmas would mean the latest a time for it to start would be mid October.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dumping Ground is coming on the 6th October! There's a trailer at https://www.facebook.com/TDGBlog!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts on tonight's episode?

Sneak Peak for Episode 12

Sasha - Draw My Life
    Forum Member
    It was alright, I thought the kids were very forgiving to Sasha, seemed a bit unrealistic.
    I want to see the rest of Mo's videotape.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were good and bad things about the episode. I thought Sasha was great, and I think she'll be a really good character. Floss was pretty mean, it seemed kind of unrealistic to me that a seven year old could be so manipulative. The plot of the episode on the whole was quite good, but I did kind of feel like there was something missing. I'd have liked to have found out more about Sasha's past and why she was there. The subplot was quite good, at least it got more of the characters involved.
    I wasn't sure about the cliff-hanger ending. I mean, there's already been a cliff-hanger in episode 9, so I'm slightly worried they'll become a regular thing. I hope the Dumping Ground doesn't end up one of those shows that gradually turns more and more like a soap.
    Anyway, the episode was quite good altogether, though maybe not one of the best. I sort of miss it coming on Fridays though, I never have time to watch it live on Tuesdays!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Floss was a nasty piece of work in the first episode. She has really shot up too. I quite like Sasha so far, deep down she has a good heart and is likeable enough of so far but I do agree with you about how it felt like the episode was missing something. The eleventh episode was okay overall.

The twelth episode was about the same but slightly better as we got a glimpse of her family this time around. Sasha looking after her two brothers kind of reminds me of how Lily used to look after her sisters (acting as the mother to her siblings). The only difference is that Sasha's mother is alive and somewhat unstable. It was also nice of Jody to help Sasha and offer her some support.

Both episodes were overall just "okay" to me.

I don't really have the time to see it live on Tuesday either. Hopefully the Friday slot returns for Series 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FAITH IS BACK FOR EPISODE 13!

Bailey's at the centre and it seems like him and Jody will be at loggerheads too.
    Forum Member
    Yesterdays episode was ok, I thought Bailey should have just went to the match with Jody. When they were standing at the bus station, he was already in trouble for stealing the tickets so may as well have saw the game. I would have done that anyway.