What is the point of Rita Ora?

kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously.

Promoted by record company and PRs beyond belief, front row of every fashion show, spots as an X Factor judge, disasterous "live" TV performances. Musically as talented as my used toe nails.

What is she for and why?:eek::confused:

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She irritates me as well. Her music isn't all that good really?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the point of 85% of these people in the public eye?

Katie Price
    Peter Andre
    Chantelle
    Alex Reid
    Kardashians
    TOWIE gang
    Geordie Shore cast
    Speidi
    X Factor rejects
  • livininadavelivininadave Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    somebody's got to sing the songs Rihanna doesn't want
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    somebody's got to sing the songs Rihanna doesn't want

:mad: You beat me to the punchline :D

Though i do like "Radioactive" :o Although i think that's because Sia wrote it and it has her feel to it.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is just press canon fodder
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's nice to look at, so i don't mind her.

1D are useless, yet are famous due to their looks. It's life.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is merely biding her time until she inherits the soft drinks conglomerate from her father Kia.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    She's too orangey for crows, she's just for me and my dawg ;)
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like Rita Ora.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I was just thinking this . Seriously where did she come from!? she just appeared one day.Why is she at every single event ,hanging out with every other seemingly "cool " celeb . Do they all get a memo "your famous now and must hang with so and so "

She must have "friends" in high places...
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    She's been signed for 5 years. She did not just turn up. Same for Emeli Sande and Jessie J.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's just the current "big thing"..... give it a couple of years (at most) and she'll be appearing in the ID Parade round of Never Mind The Buzzcocks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I was just thinking this . Seriously where did she come from!? she just appeared one day.Why is she at every single event ,hanging out with every other seemingly "cool " celeb . Do they all get a memo "your famous now and must hang with so and so "

She must have "friends" in high places...

She's been hanging out with industry types for years. She dated Bruno Mars a few years ago, has been under the Roc wing for quite a while. She was shelved for a bit, though.

I don't like her music personally, but people seem to always slag off new artists like they came from nowhere when most of the time that isn't the case. Just because you don't know about someone, doesn't mean they don't exist and didn't work hard. I assume the same will be said about Masha later on this year and next year and even K. Michelle.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I actually quite like Rita Ora.

Me too. Not quite sure why gets so much hate? She's a good singer - far better than a lot of singers out there - and has decent music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    She is merely biding her time until she inherits the soft drinks conglomerate from her father Kia.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :D:D:D
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here!
    hahahahahahahahaha!
    So funny! :):D:)
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    She's a wannabe hybrid of Rihanna and Gwen Stefani, her Tweets make her sound as thick as pig-shyte, and her music is crappy chav rot. She doesn't really fill any niche that isn't already catered for. :sleep:
  • Rabbit HeartRabbit Heart Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    She's a wannabe hybrid of Rihanna and Gwen Stefani, her Tweets make her sound as thick as pig-shyte, and her music is crappy chav rot. She doesn't really fill any niche that isn't already catered for. :sleep:

Agreed! Which is why the excessive and unbalanced levels of promotion she receives compared to a lot of other artists is truly and utterly baffling. Casting couch really is the only way to explain it as far as I can see. :eek:
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    She's been hanging out with industry types for years. She dated Bruno Mars...
    LOL, not really helped your argument there...
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Agreed! Which is why the excessive and unbalanced levels of promotion she receives compared to a lot of other artists is truly and utterly baffling. Casting couch really is the only way to explain it as far as I can see. :eek:

Maybe she's a nice girl, rather than a good time girl? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita Ora can sing.
  • abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just looked up casting couch:eek: really??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    What is the point of 85% of these people in the public eye?

Katie Price
    Peter Andre
    Chantelle
    Alex Reid
    Kardashians
    TOWIE gang
    Geordie Shore cast
    Speidi
    X Factor rejects

Pete can at least sing a bit and write songs, even if they're not your cuppa tea.

I like some of Rita Ora's songs. I loved Hot Right Now.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member

LMAO, very good :D:D
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emile Sande and Jessie J. Triumphs of marketing and mediocrity.

Edit - for some reason I thought we were talking about Sande. Shows how interchangle pop stars are today.