What is the point of Rita Ora?

Comments

• muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Seriously.

Promoted by record company and PRs beyond belief, front row of every fashion show, spots as an X Factor judge, disasterous "live" TV performances. Musically as talented as my used toe nails.

What is she for and why?:eek::confused:

Did wonder that myself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I don't care for her. I think she's overhyped but her songs are catchy which means they sell. Teenagers love them etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Yes she has a great voice - which is why the mind boggles when you listen to her album. It's not sh*t because even that brings significance to to earth, it was utterly rubbish and the kind of music no one ever gets on never mind the buzzcocks.

To those that say otherwise - why is she making a new album for the American market? :rolleyes:

Bottom line - if she was a better artist then I'm sure she wouldn't get as much stick as she does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Her PR team is ridiculous. It's getting to the point where people are getting put off by her because they're so pushy with telling us just how cool and happening she is.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Seriously.

Promoted by record company and PRs beyond belief, front row of every fashion show, spots as an X Factor judge, disasterous "live" TV performances. Musically as talented as my used toe nails.

What is she for and why?:eek::confused:

She's a pop star.

The point of pop stars is mainly to sing pop songs, release pop records, and make television appearances.

Musically, whilst its subjective, I'm guessing your used toe nails aren't as talented as you'd like to think.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 8,949
    Forum Member
    Really not keen on her or her music. Her music is just generic chart fodder that could be sung by any number of artists in the charts nowadays. She herself is quite grating too. Each to their own though. I wouldn't really mind so much if it wasn't for the fact that she's so lauded by the media at the moment when she's just another dime a dozen pop singer.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a wannabe hybrid of Rihanna and Gwen Stefani, her Tweets make her sound as thick as pig-shyte, and her music is crappy chav rot. She doesn't really fill any niche that isn't already catered for. :sleep:

Think that pretty much sums her up. Who is she? I don't even think she knows. I see no true personality or definitive image just bits borrowed from others. However Roc Nation seem hell-bent in making her happen and I guess as far as the UK, it is working. But I think you're in trouble when even the Daily Mail call you a 'Second rate Rihanna'. Lol.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her PR team is ridiculous. It's getting to the point where people are getting put off by her because they're so pushy with telling us just how cool and happening she is.

Most pop or 'hip' stars PR is ridiculous these days. They are only interested in pushing a perfect image or 'relationship dramas', rather than the actual person.

Less is more, would be a motto for most of them.

Having said that I don't mind Rita. Her music is okay, listenable, she seems nice enough and is kinda sorta 'out' with her chicka. Even though the papers are in total denial.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    I really don't get the hype at all. She has absolutely no identity at all. Somebody else has said it already but she seems to be a product of the best parts of recent female popstars (or that was the intention, at least)
    She is merely biding her time until she inherits the soft drinks conglomerate from her father Kia.

That's funny! :p
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just dont like the look of her - very odd looking female.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    What is the point of 85% of these people in the public eye?

Katie Price
    Peter Andre
    Chantelle
    Alex Reid
    TOWIE gang
    Geordie Shore cast
    Speidi
    X Factor rejects

Tweedy should be at the top of that list. At least the Kardashian sisters are hot. Rita is cute and she writes and performs her own music.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her really unlikeable and she always looks unclean to be honest.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I really don't get the hype at all. She has absolutely no identity at all. Somebody else has said it already but she seems to be a product of the best parts of recent female popstars (or that was the intention, at least)

Indeed...seeing this article put me off her forever...I just find her beyond annoying now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Tweedy should be at the top of that list. At least the Kardashian sisters are hot. Rita is cute and she writes and performs her own music.

Rita does not write the majority of her music. You should check out those credits again. She only cowrote 3 songs on the entire album. That's 15 songs on the bonus edition and 12 don't have her name anywhere in sight.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Rita does not write the majority of her music. You should check out those credits again. She only cowrote 3 songs on the entire album. That's 15 songs on the bonus edition and 12 don't have her name on them, I would by no means call her a songwriter,

Half her album is just left-overs from other artists...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Half her album is just left-overs from other artists...

Yea, I know. Her first few singles were all written for other artists. I'm not sure about Radioactive, but the rest were, even the DJ Fresh song was for Jessie J and not her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I did say something impersonal about Rita but I just saw what she said to jade.

In the famous words of nikki graham "WHO IS SHE? WHO IS SHE! Where did you find her?"

I honestly don't know where she gets her ego from but she needs to take it back? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »

BIB- You say it like that's an actual skill.
    Can't stand any of these people.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

That's funny! :p

Agreed. Just another stage school kid, who is trying way too hard to be edgy.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only know of this woman's existence through DS. I could not name her song/songs and wouldn't know them if I heard them. What has she done exactly???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ghettodemi wrote: »
    I did say something impersonal about Rita but I just saw what she said to jade.

In the famous words of nikki graham "WHO IS SHE? WHO IS SHE! Where did you find her?"

I honestly don't know where she gets her ego from but she needs to take it back? :eek:

Yeah, but Jade Ewen got her own back in fine style, hehe... http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jade-ewen-slams-rita-ora-1733359
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stage school *check*

Sings mediocre chart songs that people will easily forget *check*

Tries to be edgy *check*

PR-driven to the max *check*

These types of singers are a dime a dozen these days.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has weird grandma hair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    BIB- You say it like that's an actual skill.

For many artists that can't sing or dance, looking good is a skill. Luckily Rita doesn't have that problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I heard stories about her sleeping around before she became mainstream. Wouldn't know if they were true or not though. Amazing what an average voice, decent looks and great PR can do.