• spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to put up with her songs at my weekly zumba class. :(
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky_Fire wrote: »
    I heard stories about her sleeping around before she became mainstream. Wouldn't know if they were true or not though. Amazing what an average voice, decent looks and great PR can do.

doesn't everyone in the music biz?
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    doesn't everyone in the music biz?

Yeah, like The Proclaimers and Shane MacGowan, spent all their time on the casting couch. LOL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    granted08 wrote: »
    For many artists that can't sing or dance, looking good is a skill. Luckily Rita doesn't have that problem.

Yes but looking good comes with having a great personality or being funny etc. Rita is none of those things, her stint in x-factor was fine but I couldn't help but think "why would they take your advice you're still on your first album".

Bottom line is what you can't deliver in talent you have to give in other ways both to the public and the record producers. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    She looks like she smells.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Emile Sande and Jessie J. Triumphs of marketing and mediocrity.

Edit - for some reason I thought we were talking about Sande. Shows how interchangle pop stars are today.

I agree about Jessie J but not Emeli Sande. She's very talented. She's got a great voice and I love her album. Jessie J....meh....irritating.
    Yeah, like The Proclaimers and Shane MacGowan, spent all their time on the casting couch. LOL.

That made me laugh!
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ghettodemi wrote: »
    Yes but looking good comes with having a great personality or being funny etc. Rita is none of those things, her stint in x-factor was fine but I couldn't help but think "why would they take your advice you're still on your first album".

Bottom line is what you can't deliver in talent you have to give in other ways both to the public and the record producers. ;)

She looks good?:confused: Blonde hair is a big no-no for people with darker skin tones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member

If you have a hit album, doesn't that make you qualified for the X factor? There are artists out there who don't look good and aren't charming enough to win people over. They just have a good PR team. With Rita in interviews she does come across as being funny and very "girl next door"
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is just another Pixie Lott. In a few years she will be a distant memory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    She looks good?:confused: Blonde hair is a big no-no for people with darker skin tones.

That's subjective
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if all else fails, look wierd.

this is the reason Rita Ora is successful. this time next year someone else will be in her place.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the Daily Mail love her (or at least her publicists anyway)
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I thought she was American - is she British?

She did appear from nowhere but is overshadowed by better singers and we most certainly do not want another Rihanna.
    Forum Member

Rita was born in Kosovo, she moved the UK when she was one. She was raised in the UK in West London. She's signed to a US record label.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    venzie wrote: »
    She looks like she smells.

I agree, she could do tena lady ads when her 'Career' dies down :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Sky_Fire wrote: »
    I heard stories about her sleeping around before she became mainstream. Wouldn't know if they were true or not though. Amazing what an average voice, decent looks and great PR can do.

I heard that too, from somebody that used to work with her at Abercrombie (I think, could have been one of those other shops).

Her PR team is ridiculous. They're pushing her and Cara to the point where it becomes really obvious and forced. People are starting to realise that it's a case of style over substance.
  • georgebarnesgeorgebarnes Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    i like her, whats not to like, shes gorgeous, she does have a decent voice and shes just doing what she loves ..
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no more or less 'point' to her than any other artist. They're there to entertain, not to solve the problems of poverty or war. The problem is when you get 'celebrities' trying to be the Second Coming. Ora is a pop artist and isn't pretending to be anything else.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no more or less 'point' to her than any other artist. They're there to entertain, not to solve the problems of poverty or war. The problem is when you get 'celebrities' trying to be the Second Coming. Ora is a pop artist and isn't pretending to be anything else.

'Cough' BONO 'cough splutter choke'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD HER SPEAK SHE GIVES TOWIE A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY!! :eek:

LOL!! Yes she is . . . Rhianna. :rolleyes:
    Let's see she has her album cast offs. Her old clothes. Her role in fast and furious, her mate cara.

All she needs is her success, her likability, her undeniable beauty and some humble pie (seriously such narcassim is uncalled for)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    kitten12 wrote: »
    But the Daily Mail love her (or at least her publicists anyway)

So does Glamour Mag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbUDxB4AsrE&feature=youtu.be

Swear this came out ages ago and they are still trying to promote her in it!
    Forum Member
    LOL!! Yes she is . . . Rhianna. :rolleyes:

All she needs is her success, her likability, her undeniable beauty and some humble pie (seriously such narcassim is uncalled for)

Rita Ora gives Rihanna a run for her money in terms of looks.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Rita Ora gives Rihanna a run for her money in terms of looks.

Erm, no. Rihanna wins every time in my view.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Erm, no. Rihanna wins every time in my view.

Imo Rita just looks better in every photo, and Imo she's more likeable.
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is my latest pet hate. Can't abide her. She always looks sneaky and sly.