What is the point of Rita Ora?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Saying she isn't skanky because she dated a Kardashian isn't really helping your point :p

No? Not even a male kardashian?........:rolleyes:
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Sky wrote: »
    The trouble is, she's a product. People have the right to review and critique products, and as a product Rita Ora has no identity or anything worthy. She sells music, yes, but mostly to people who buy music because the ad men tell them to. As a popstar, in terms of personality and that special something popstars should have she really is bottom of the barrel stuff.

You clearly havent seen all of her personality then if you rate her at the bottam of the pile.

Ed Sheeran or the OASIS boys would be bottam of the pile
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    You clearly havent seen all of her personality then if you rate her at the bottam of the pile.

I've seen more than enough of Rita Ora to know there's nothing there that would ever appeal to me. I still can't believe she was on the X-Factor judging panel...laughable.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ed Sheeran or the OASIS boys would be bottam of the pile

Oh yes, the 'OASIS boys' (actually they're 40 year old men) - completely devoid of personality aren't they? Yesiree, there are certainly no memorable personality traits there. Right pair of shrinking violets.

Christ...
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    She had smash after smash. What business pulls the plug on something making major money? NONE. Because they never would.
    How many hits were bought for her though? record labels know how to get a number 1 if they have an agenda. They had one with Pixie Lott but Pixie ended up not gaining interest in America so they moved on from her. Rita is their new project until the next one comes along. Its what they do.

Rita is already deeply annoying and so fame hungry that its off putting. That's exactly why people went off Alexandra Burke and its exactly what will happen to Rita within the next 12 months.

She will be forgotten very soon. There is nothing unique about her. She is more put together than Lady Gaga is. A total pop product by clever bosses. Only here to make a quick buck until the next load of suckers come along and by that I mean teenagers who buy into this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble is, she's a product. People have the right to review and critique products, and as a product Rita Ora has no identity or anything worthy. She sells music, yes, but mostly to people who buy music because the ad men tell them to. As a popstar, in terms of personality and that special something popstars should have she really is bottom of the barrel stuff.

Totally agree, like Hit Em Up Style said she is there to make a quick buck before they move on to the next 'big thing'. She is there to appeal to the mass market. Her music is autotuned pap that is designed to sell in high numbers but be quickly forgotten. There is nothing special or original about her, but I think that is largely the point she they are aiming for the middle of the road anyway.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Seriously.

Promoted by record company and PRs beyond belief, front row of every fashion show, spots as an X Factor judge, disasterous "live" TV performances. Musically as talented as my used toe nails.

What is she for and why?:eek::confused:

Who is she shagging to get all this exposure, a talent free void promoted way above her talent and intelligence level.

Stupid name, moronic person
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    How many hits were bought for her though? record labels know how to get a number 1 if they have an agenda. They had one with Pixie Lott but Pixie ended up not gaining interest in America so they moved on from her. Rita is their new project until the next one comes along. Its what they do.

Rita is already deeply annoying and so fame hungry that its off putting. That's exactly why people went off Alexandra Burke and its exactly what will happen to Rita within the next 12 months.

She will be forgotten very soon. There is nothing unique about her. She is more put together than Lady Gaga is. A total pop product by clever bosses. Only here to make a quick buck until the next load of suckers come along and by that I mean teenagers who buy into this.

Rita isn't irritating at all. She has a personality. She might need some serious fashion help, but that's it. She's doing her job. Why do people find that so annoying. Her job IS to be famous and make lots of money. I don't think she's a fame **** at all, nor is Gaga (well that IS debateable that one) nor Alex. People seem to like Rita, she's played in clubs and people dance and buy her music. What's to hate? People in the UK moan too much. Let her have her time.
    Forum Member
    Who is she shagging to get all this exposure, a talent free void promoted way above her talent and intelligence level.

It's her REAL name you know. Her surname means 'time'...
    Forum Member
    I cant beileve a thread like this actually exists. Shes just a young woman who is trying to find her way in life like many others,shes doing something she loves and is passionate about. This doesnt make her different from any other girls who dream to do their desired job.

MTE. A bit baffled. She does no harm at all.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita isn't irritating at all. She has a personality. She might need some serious fashion help, but that's it. She's doing her job. Why do people find that so annoying. Her job IS to be famous and make lots of money. I don't think she's a fame **** at all, nor is Gaga (well that IS debateable that one) nor Alex. People seem to like Rita, she's played in clubs and people dance and buy her music. What's to hate? People in the UK moan too much. Let her have her time.

She is highly annoying and believes she is something she isn't. Her sly dig at Jade Ewen (who has more talent than Rita will ever have) highlighted what a bitch Rita really was and when Rita is whoring the z list reality shows in 3 years time it will be karma served.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is, she's a product. People have the right to review and critique products, and as a product Rita Ora has no identity or anything worthy.

Actually, she's a person. Her songs and music videos are her products.
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    Actually, she's a person. Her songs and music videos are her products.

Fair enough, but considering being a popstar is sometimes - rightly or wrongly - as much about personality as it is music my point still sort of stands, I think.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From gossip and rumours in the industry, it's perhaps more pertinent to ask who she's not shagging - allegedly:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, but considering being a popstar is sometimes - rightly or wrongly - as much about personality as it is music my point still sort of stands, I think.

Sadly with the music industry the way it is I think you are selling yourself far more then you are selling videos and music.
    Forum Member
    She is highly annoying and believes she is something she isn't. Her sly dig at Jade Ewen (who has more talent than Rita will ever have) highlighted what a bitch Rita really was and when Rita is whoring the z list reality shows in 3 years time it will be karma served.

Madonna was a bitch apparently and couldn't sing for ish. And look at her now. How she plays her cards with those who actually matter to her is important.
    Forum Member
    Sadly with the music industry the way it is I think you are selling yourself far more then you are selling videos and music.

It is sadly. It's more imo 40% visual, 40% personality and 20% music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna was a bitch apparently and couldn't sing for ish. And look at her now. How she plays her cards with those who actually matter to her is important.

The industry was a very different place back then, then albums mattered and the labels invested time into their artists, if Madonna came out now she would be another six months and forgotten act. Madonna was also an expert at playing the press game and using the shock factor, but we are all so jaded now it just doesn't work like that any more.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, clearly you dont give a f*k about what people say when they defend her. If you dont like her then dont make a hate thread about her,but you have to live with the fact there are some people who love her and her music. She is earning a living for herself which every human has to do including you so dont keep slagging her off because her music is sh*t. What has she ever done to you?
    Forum Member
    The industry was a very different place back then, then albums mattered and the labels invested time into their artists, if Madonna came out now she would be another six months and forgotten act. Madonna was also an expert at playing the press game and using the shock factor, but we are all so jaded now it just doesn't work like that any more.

I don't think she would. Musically she got better and better, and lyrically too. If you work at your craft, and people like it, you're fine. Kanye has a big mouth but the music to it up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she would. Musically she got better and better, and lyrically too. If you work at your craft, and people like it, you're fine. Kanye has a big mouth but the music to it up.

I'm not so sure, the music i listen to never troubles the top 40, and a lot of them have/will be around for a long time, but right now mainstream acts seem to be built on the concept of selling a lot but being a flash in the pan. Of course if you really work on your music, build up a solid fan base, tour and don't mind being on a smaller label you will be around for a while. But as for the big mainstream labels i just don't think they are interested in building an act who gains momentum album after album, so I can't madonna happening again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, clearly you dont give a f*k about what people say when they defend her. If you dont like her then dont make a hate thread about her,but you have to live with the fact there are some people who love her and her music. She is earning a living for herself which every human has to do including you so dont keep slagging her off because her music is sh*t. What has she ever done to you?

Um, if you don't want people giving their opinions on celebrities you are kind of in the wrong place :confused:
    Forum Member
    I'm not so sure, the music i listen to never troubles the top 40, and a lot of them have/will be around for a long time, but right now mainstream acts seem to be built on the concept of selling a lot but being a flash in the pan. Of course if you really work on your music, build up a solid fan base, tour and don't mind being on a smaller label you will be around for a while. But as for the big mainstream labels i just don't think they are interested in building an act who gains momentum album after album, so I can't madonna happening again

Oh they are. They want someone who can do it themselves. It makes life easier for them. And it should be that way, so the artist has more control. It costs more to keep pushing new acts through and takes too long.
    Forum Member
    It is sadly. It's more imo 40% visual, 40% personality and 20% music.

You're right on the money. Sadly. :(
    Forum Member
    If you dont like her then dont make a hate thread about her

Expressing unfavourable opinions about someone is not automatically hate. This really shouldn't need to be explained.