Options

Beware of Hot Crazy Deals . com

BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
Forum Member
✭✭
I saw their ad on facebook offering a £29 oyster card topup for £4. It looked genuine enough with no small prints to be seen anywhere and proceeded to make the purchase with my debit card. 4 times I sent the card details and 4 times failed even though I have just transferred £6 into this account specially opened for making internet purchases. Then I did some research on the net and found the answers on moneysavingexpert forum. The trickster tried to take their monthly fee of £29 on top of the £4 advertised even though they say 'free 7 day trial' on the purchase page. Do beware.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I'm about to put my credit card details into HotCrazyChicks.com

It's not the same people is it?
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    I personally wouldn't trust a facebook ad fullstop.
  • Options
    TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    If something seems too good to be true, then that's usually because it is !
  • Options
    dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good move with the card just for internet very shrewd might do that myself
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,959
    Forum Member
    Barbra wrote: »
    I saw their ad on facebook offering a £29 oyster card topup for £4. It looked genuine enough with no small prints to be seen anywhere and proceeded to make the purchase with my debit card. 4 times I sent the card details and 4 times failed even though I have just transferred £6 into this account specially opened for making internet purchases. Then I did some research on the net and found the answers on moneysavingexpert forum. The trickster tried to take their monthly fee of £29 on top of the £4 advertised even though they say 'free 7 day trial' on the purchase page. Do beware.

Did you do any research into them first? You would have to ask yourself how any company could be offering a deal like that.

The answer is they can't.
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    deleted.
  • Options
    BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you do any research into them first? You would have to ask yourself how any company could be offering a deal like that.

The answer is they can't.

Yes I am guilty of whatever you are suggesting I am.

Sorry to have wasted you time here.
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the name would have told me enough tbh.
  • Options
    QFourQFour Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before I do business with anyone on the internet I phone them first and ask about the product. This lets you know that it's a genuine business as they answer the phone. It also means of course if you have a problem you can talk to them. Email address could be anywhere in the world.

Young girl at work sent of for three pairs of Nike trainers for her brother. They said 2 - 3 days delivery which turned into 10 and when they arrived they were just three pairs of trainers ( Sent from China ). Three different sizes and certainly not made by Nike also nothing like the design ordered.

Visa refunded her money but they are still trading. No phone number and emails get answered eventually.

One of the emails said can you give them to someone else if they have the right feet.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,959
    Forum Member
    Barbra wrote: »
    Yes I am guilty of whatever you are suggesting I am.

Sorry to have wasted you time here.

You aren't guilty of anything. But a company you have never heard of offering an unbelievable offer should at least be questioned.