Options

Question about Sky+ recording facility only

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
Forum Member
Do Sky still offer the ability to pay a monthly fee for the Sky+ record facility (£10?) without taking one of their packages? If they do, would I be able to select this and still have access to OnDemand and my broadband/phone line or do you need a package for these?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,522
    Forum Member
    It's never been an 'option' - however, you can downgrade to it after your minimum subscription contract has ended - if you can find a CS at Sky who's heard of it!.

No idea if it allows on-demand or not?.
  • Options
    rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it only allows BBC iPlayer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Thanks.
  • Options
    teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its £10.75 and allows access to iplayer and itv player and demand 5 only. 4OD does work, but only for certain programmes. However as others have said, getting a CS agent who actually knows about it, is very hit and miss.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teletv wrote: »
    Its £10.75 and allows access to iplayer and itv player and demand 5 only. 4OD does work, but only for certain programmes. However as others have said, getting a CS agent who actually knows about it, is very hit and miss.

Do you know this as fact?

I was under the impression that BBC iPlayer was the only one to work with a Sky+ subscription (due to paying the licence fee), and Sky's own website seems to say the same thing.

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/catch-up-tv/how/

Just below the headline (Enjoy the UK's Biggest Catch Up TV Service), it says some of the channels it includes, then clearly states Sky+ subscription with Sky TV Subscription will get you BBC iPlayer only.
  • Options
    teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know this as fact?

I was under the impression that BBC iPlayer was the only one to work with a Sky+ subscription (due to paying the licence fee), and Sky's own website seems to say the same thing.

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/catch-up-tv/how/

Just below the headline (Enjoy the UK's Biggest Catch Up TV Service), it says some of the channels it includes, then clearly states Sky+ subscription with Sky TV Subscription will get you BBC iPlayer only.

I know this as when I had the recording facility only, that was what I got.
    However this was offered to me when I had multiroom turned off and sky kept phoning and offered me it for free, but I was told it would be £10.75 a month, once the free offer was over.
  • Options
    davebav50davebav50 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Sky/NowTV box allows access to the main OD channels for no monthly fee. The box costs 10pounds with a free 1 month trial. Cancel the trial online at the end of the month and no further costs to pay but you have BBC, ITV, 4, 5
    For around 5 pounds month extra you get the Sky1, Living, Atlantic type chans as linear chans or on demand
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teletv wrote: »

that's incorrect.
    the sky+ only subscription just access to just BBC iPlayer.
    all the rest require a channel subscription.