Duck Pond?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    maybe ducks are the real villains. We could have an episode with ducks with those teeth (the ones that prisoner zero and the vampires and the angels all have). that would be cool.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So long, and thanks for all the bread?

Where was the mention of the duck pond? I must have missed it

Bugger you beat me to the joke...:mad::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Bugger you beat me to the joke...:mad::p

Actually, I got in there first ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    maybe ducks are the real villains. We could have an episode with ducks with those teeth (the ones that prisoner zero and the vampires and the angels all have). that would be cool.

That would be great and ties in with what Moffat was saying on Confidential about making everyday things like cracks scarey. Imagine every child in the country being scared to feed the ducks in case they suddenly rear out of the water with those teeth!
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I think the Ducks went through the crack in time. I have no wonder why they did and other animals didn't. Maybe other animals did but just not mentioned. :p

I think the ducks caused the crack in time. They may look like cute, unassuming little things, but ducks are fiendish meglomaniacs who are always plotting how to overthrow the human race.

Don't be fooled by ducks, people. Oh yes...
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I think the duck pond is actually another TARDIS. Either that or it's not filled with water, just stuff that looks like water, which is why the ducks are avoiding it.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    littleotik wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's just the unfortunate ducks from that particular pond that got erased from time? Poor little buggers. If all of the ducks had been erased from history, Amy wouldn't have known what the Doctor meant by a duck pond.
    Yes. The reference is that, from Amy's viewpoint, there have never been any ducks in the duck pond, and yet the duck pond remains. The ducks were unwritten from history, but that doesn't mean that the events that happened around them didn't happen.

Much like the Byzantium crashing after River was sent to investigate the Weeping Angel. Just because the Angel no longer existed (temporal grammar?) doesn't mean the investigation and the crash didn't happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's Moffatt's version of the Dolphins leaving earth in Hitchhikers...

"so long and thanks for all the bread!" :D

So sad that things came to a head...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    .. The ducks were unwritten from history, but that doesn't mean that the events that happened around them didn't happen..

Ah, but the ducks can't of been written out of history completely (like the Clerics) as Amy knows what a duck is.

I think they went off to support Howard in his battle against the Dark Overlords
    Forum Member
    Ah, but the ducks can't of been written out of history completely (like the Clerics) as Amy knows what a duck is.

I think they went off to support Howard in his battle against the Dark Overlords

No, the ducks from the duck pond, silly billy! Not all ducks. The people of Leadworth know it's a duck pond but don't know why.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Another probably ridiculous opinion from me:

I think the duck/pond question is an allegory on Amy:

It is assumed that the pond is a duck pond but on what evidence? (appearances but no "content", i.e. no ducks, i.e. something is missing).

We are assuming that Amy Pond is ... a typical companion, on appearances. But perhaps she's actually something totally different, eg. a key, a trap, whatever?

I have to admit, I find Amy so wrong in many ways that I really don't think she is what she appears to be, but this might be my personal paranoia ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justine01 wrote: »
    Another probably ridiculous opinion from me:

I think the duck/pond question is an allegory on Amy:

It is assumed that the pond is a duck pond but on what evidence? (appearances but no "content", i.e. no ducks, i.e. something is missing).

We are assuming that Amy Pond is ... a typical companion, on appearances. But perhaps she's actually something totally different, eg. a key, a trap, whatever?

I have to admit, I find Amy so wrong in many ways that I really don't think she is what she appears to be, but this might be my personal paranoia ;)

I suspect this is correct.

In a manner of speaking amy is a few ducks short of a pond.

By that i don't mean she's thick, jus that she isn't quite as she should be. I hope its vampire ducks time eating ducks though. :)
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps Amy is an amnesiac Beverley Switzler, then? There is a certain resemblance...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    neel wrote: »
    ...I hope its vampire ducks ...

Count Duckula????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Count Duckula????

Haha now that would be some crossover:D
  • jaydogzjaydogz Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Allthough no top down view of it as yet, could the pond be the same shape as the open crack????

Just a thought :sleep:
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benjolex wrote: »
    I can understand that time unravelling would cause people to forget things or rather make them as if they hadn't happened. But not sure why it would cause the ducks to leave their pond. I did wonder if it was writing a species out of existence, but then no one would remember them. Perhaps ducks are a lot more sophisticated than we think at detecting anomalies in time and so left the vacinity of the cause of the crack - Amy.

It doesn't wiped out species, just whatever gets sucked into it.

The cleric soldiers. Humans didn't get wiped, just the clerics that entered it.
  • DinoDino Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy. Amy is a load of ducks in an Amy suit.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just happened to view this scene from Silver Nemesis (1988):

Ace is sitting beside a river when the Doctor calls from the nearby TARDIS:

'Ace! Duck!'

Ace quickly ducks. The Doctor says:

'No... duck!'

A duck walks out of the TARDIS.

Hmmmmmmmmm.... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Hang on, I'm sure Eddie Izzard said something about Evil Ducks taking over the world on one of his gigs...thats it...ducks are evil, they the answer to the big bad!:D:p
    Forum Member
    Maffmoose wrote: »
    Hang on, I'm sure Eddie Izzard said something about Evil Ducks taking over the world on one of his gigs...thats it...ducks are evil, they the answer to the big bad!:D:p

Funnily enough, that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read this thread too.

If I recall correctly, he was pointing out the flaw in the Great Flood story - that all the evil fish and bad ducks would get off scot-free due to a loophole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough, that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read this thread too.

If I recall correctly, he was pointing out the flaw in the Great Flood story - that all the evil fish and bad ducks would get off scot-free due to a loophole.

Yes thats right, the Ark story...I love his take on the bible!

Still think the big bad is an Evil duck tho!:D
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    plkolp
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because a duck pond without ducks is simply a pond. A clue to the fact that the crack is all about Amy?

Perhaps that a little too simplistic.

or...even more simplistic. When is a Pond not a Pond ? Lets face it there is something about Amy (not knowing the Daleks)