Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (US-Pace)

stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
Forum Member
✭✭
Off you go then. :D

I enjoyed it, good villain, spared no expense with the Captain America cast dropping by.

Comments

• treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    The only bit that annoyed me was towards the end when they were fleeing towards the Quinjet and a soldier a matter of metres away was shooting rapid fire at them and every single bullet missed them.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I noticed that too. :D
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. The bit with Fitz towards the end almost made me cry :(
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    ...person locked in glass cage apparently disappears - so soldiers enter glass cage to see where he's gone... Genius!

Not a bad start to series #2 though, thought Lawless would last more than a single episode though (that's assuming she's dead; she looked dead, but then this is Marvel, so anything is possible considering there's an 084 in play).
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only bit that annoyed me was towards the end when they were fleeing towards the Quinjet and a soldier a matter of metres away was shooting rapid fire at them and every single bullet missed them.

Yes that bit annoyed me too. The bit with May on the bike fleeing looked so fake.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    ...person locked in glass cage apparently disappears - so soldiers enter glass cage to see where he's gone... Genius!

In all fairness to them they probably didn't know enough about his abilities to realise he was still there.
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    In all fairness to them they probably didn't know enough about his abilities to realise he was still there.
    But why would you unlock, and enter a clear cage to inspect it for an exit point if the content of said cage had vanished without awaiting for backup. Them soldiers likely weren't suited to making that analysis anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why would you unlock, and enter a clear cage to inspect it for an exit point if the content of said cage had vanished without awaiting for backup. Them soldiers likely weren't suited to making that analysis anyway.

Probably to see if there was an exit point, I do agree it was stupid though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »

I feel like such a pussy but as soon as Coulson said Simmons had left and it was obvious Fitz was talking to no-one I did start to tear up.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wouldn't be surprised if you've never had to shoot a weapon at a live target before. It's different from target practice. :D
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I feel like such a pussy but as soon as Coulson said Simmons had left and it was obvious Fitz was talking to no-one I did start to tear up.

I did too so you're not alone lol
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    You wouldn't be surprised if you've never had to shoot a weapon at a live target before. It's different from target practice. :D

This was a trained soldier shooting at three people a couple of metres in front of him.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP Agent Xena?
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »

That was well done indeed.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    RIP Agent Xena?

She's probably still alive.

The 084 will have done something to her and she'll end up with powers of some sort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was a trained soldier shooting at three people a couple of metres in front of him.
    I've seen US and UK trained soldiers on hunting expeditions and they had trouble hitting a moving target without killing it and I've known Capitol Police who made it clear that their first mission is to disable a human target with their firearms (that way he or she can be kept alive for questioning) and if that proves impossible then the force becomes deadly; the key targets to maim: upper limbs, lower limbs. The Key targets to kill: chest, abdomen. So, I'm willing to believe that that's what the trained soldier was doing: trying to disable them but not kill them... and given the size of the target, that's tough.

Anyway did anyone else notice Tripp's talk with Skye about Koenig's twin and his other brothers and how it had to be more than a coincidence?
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    RIP Agent Xena?
    Hmm, I am not convinced. I swear I have seen a picture of her, with Coulson, wearing black leather; that's something we didn't see in this episode, and as Corwin has stated, her still being alive is likely in some way connected to the 084. They're not going to cast someone like Lawless only to kill her off in her first appearance.
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    Anyway did anyone else notice Tripp's talk with Skye about Koenig's twin and his other brothers and how it had to be more than a coincidence?
    I'm suspecting life model decoys, that, or Koenig is a clone?
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I am not convinced. I swear I have seen a picture of her, with Coulson, wearing black leather; that's something we didn't see in this episode, and as Corwin has stated, her still being alive is likely in some way connected to the 084. They're not going to cast someone like Lawless only to kill her off in her first appearance.

I'm suspecting life model decoys, that, or Koenig is a clone?

that was pretty much my thought.
    Forum Member
    Just curious here, in every season #1 episode, we had an "agents of shield will return in a moment" post credits scene. Did we get on with the season #2 episode, cause I've seemingly missed it - unless it was the meeting with Whitehall?
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    that was pretty much my thought.

No, read an interview with the actress earlier and the character is dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious here, in every season #1 episode, we had an "agents of shield will return in a moment" post credits scene. Did we get on with the season #2 episode, cause I've seemingly missed it - unless it was the meeting with Whitehall?

I'm pretty sure it was the meeting at the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on, she's not exactly going to say she'll be back is she?
    Forum Member

cant see it as likely but you never know
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    So Fitz has substantial brain damage, skewing his memory and perception of reality. So they let him play with hi-tech goodies on the slim chance he can create an invisibility cloak!

I appreciate they're monitoring him, but you could see things going very wrong.

In regards to the terrible aim on the soldier, that's just comics. If the Soldier/Cop/Guard is against the hero, they're almost guaranteed to have the shooting skill of a Stormtrooper ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    So Fitz has substantial brain damage, skewing his memory and perception of reality. So they let him play with hi-tech goodies on the slim chance he can create an invisibility cloak!

Based on what I've seen, I doubt Fitz has got serious organic brain damage, temporal lobe or otherwise. The mammalian diving reflex would have kept him alive and his brain and heart oxygenated to prevent any significant damage. And, from what I've seen based on the portrayal on the show, Fitz displayed another diagnosis entirely.

More than likely, Fury's doctors misdiagnosed Fitz. Based on the finale from last season, it's highly likely that Fitz displayed early signs of vocal dysfunction (a sign of left temporal lobe damage) and was probably introverted (another sign of left temporal lobe damage). BUT the scenes with Simmons showed that his right temporal lobe (facial recognition) was still intact as was his left (the revelation that Simmons was a creation of his mind fully able to articulate what Fitz could not).

Given this and his other symptoms and behavior a more true to life diagnosis would be that Fitz suffers from a form of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) arising from a combination of Ward's betrayal, the near death experience, then later his loss of status among this closest to him especially Simmons, and eventually, his loss of Simmons).
    I appreciate they're monitoring him, but you could see things going very wrong.

Oh, you bet. But, that's the fun of it. And, that also fits in with Fitz's PTSD bit.

From what I'd seen, Fitz's behavior showed one or more of these:avoidance of situations or things that reminded him of the traumatic event (Simmons), failed to remember important parts of the traumatic event (Simmons), viewed himself and others in a negative way, lost interest in activities he used to enjoy and feel detached from family and friends (his inventions and inability to work on his inventions), feel a sense of emotional numbness (the scene with the Koenig LMD), felt irritable or had angry or violent outbursts (too many to mention), engage in dangerous or self-destructive behavior (too often to discuss), constantly on guard or alert for signs of danger and startled easily, and had trouble concentrating. I'd say that described Fitz throughout the episode. That would mean PTSD and a battery of neuropsychiatric tests would confirm that.

Now, what's good about this story wise is that if Fitz doesn't pull out of it or if someone doesn't help him pull out of it (Coulson failed as did Simmons, so I'm thinking of Ward as part of his redemptive arc) then Fitz will end up becoming a psychotic as his schizophrenia becomes manifest which means he could end up to be MCU's MODOK! Or at least Howard Stark's ARSENAL (Advanced Response Security Engagement Neutralization Armored Lifeform) as Fitz truly dissociates himself from humanity.

So, if the writers do make it as it should be that is PTSD, then that along with Ward's problems would make for an entertaining show as we watch the mental disintegration of Fitz... of course, the writers could end up redeeming both and they end up being good guys... or something in between. Either way, I think the episode set out a nice intro.
    In regards to the terrible aim on the soldier, that's just comics. If the Soldier/Cop/Guard is against the hero, they're almost guaranteed to have the shooting skill of a Stormtrooper ;)

But... But, I always attributed the Stormtrooper's marksmanship to Jedi Mind Tricks... :D