Peugeot 307 - Changing Headlight Bulbs

Hi,

Wondering if you could help....

I need to replace the bulbs in the head lights of my 307.

I've had a quick look...

Is it as simple as removing the nuts that hold the covers in place, pull the old one out and pop the new one in???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    My mum owns on of these and they are a real pain, my step dad finds it easier to travel the two minutes to the peugeot garage which is quite handily near us and buy the bulb and then at the same time ask nicely if they would mind putting it in.

This has worked every time for us as they don't seem to make that very easy as the mechanic there even found it to be rather annoying!! Also if i was you i would look at Without Fog Lights or With Fog Lights I know that to do this you would have to change all the front headlight bulbs but in the future it will make driving a much better experience!!

Cheers
    BWT1406
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i once attempted to change my headlights. The problem was that it was on the passenger side and thats where all the bulky bits are under the bonnet. After taking the cover off, i could see where the bulb had to go and how to pull it out...but due to bulky bits, i had difficulty shoving my hand in to fit the bulb., had to try about 4 times [pulled the wrong bulb out too on one fo them, think i pulled the fog lights out instead of the one i needed]. The driver side is ok though. For me, it literally was a matter of pulling the cover off and slotting in, but not sure about your car though.
  • oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a Peugeot tech and 307 bulbs can be a real pain if you have never done them before.
    You have to remove the large black circular cover at the rear of the headlamp(there will be two on each lamp one for dip beam and one for main beam)
    Then pull off the two pin connector, usually quite tight but they do come off with a wiggle.
    Then push the clip in that retains the bulb at the top and push to the left, they hook behind a little finger thats part of the headlamp.
    Remove the bulb, fit the new one (with the lug at the top, its easy to fit it upside down so be carefull) and refit the clip (much easier to refit than remove)
    Put on the connector and refit the cover.
    If you have sausage fingers like me its some times easier to remove the large red and black connector that goes on the back of the lamp.

Good luck with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    This mat well not be ansewered but here goes

Oblivion mate, how do you go about adjusting the headlight main bean. Both of mine seem rather low, i can't find adjusters anywhere at least where i have looked

cheers
  • DEmmersonDEmmerson Posts: 1,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the bulb needs replacing on the drivers side, you will have to remove the washer bottle plastic surround to get better access. There are 2 (or 3) of those plastic retainers that prise out with a screwdriver.

Mine's a '51 plate.
  • DEmmersonDEmmerson Posts: 1,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hawkeye48 wrote: »
    This mat well not be ansewered but here goes

Oblivion mate, how do you go about adjusting the headlight main bean. Both of mine seem rather low, i can't find adjusters anywhere at least where i have looked

cheers

I have a switch on the drivers side that raises and lowers them automatically. Don't know if some models are manually adjusted though.